austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Since i started getting into footy, all our head coaches have ended up in the media, barr the turncoat Ross Lyon.

Alves ABC grandstand commentary
Watson everywhere
Blight occasional TV special comments man a while ago
Thomas Footy Classified

Watters see OP
Richardson AFL 360

Maybe we should just cut to the chase next time we're looking for a coach and get Craig Hutchinson.
6d7b9afb683949de1637ca8c610e87cb.jpg

Here he is.

Imagine that head with a Saints polo under it, holding up a premiership cup with Captain Nate Fyfe in the red white and black as our club song is sung to the heavens.

Now clean up. Your stomach is now cleansed. You're welcome, shalom.

Last edited:
Since i started getting into footy, all our head coaches have ended up in the media, barr the turncoat Ross Lyon.

Alves ABC grandstand commentary
Watson everywhere
Blight occasional TV special comments man a while ago
Thomas Footy Classified

Watters see OP
Richardson AFL 360

Maybe we should just cut to the chase next time we're looking for a coach and get Craig Hutchinson.
6d7b9afb683949de1637ca8c610e87cb.jpg

Here he is.

Imagine that head with a Saints polo under it, holding up a premiership cup with Captain Nate Fyfe in the red white and black as our club song is sung to the heavens.

Now clean up. Your stomach is now cleansed. You're welcome, shalom.
Great, I've already had a cold this week - now you've given me gastro to go with it!!!!

Saintbloke

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon anyone who took over the coaching when Lyon left, would have had similar problems to what Watters had walking into a shell-shocked playing group. We threw everything but the kitchen sink at trying to win a flag, and failed, then the coach jumped ship. In hindsight I think old Scotty got shafted sadly.
Let's look forward though, and we are rising up again and we need to focus on premiership two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moorabbin Ghost

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon anyone who took over the coaching when Lyon left, would have had similar problems to what Watters had walking into a shell-shocked playing group. We threw everything but the kitchen sink at trying to win a flag, and failed, then the coach jumped ship. In hindsight I think old Scotty got shafted sadly.
Let's look forward though, and we are rising up again and we need to focus on premiership two.

Watters was an egomaniac, an absolutely shocking appointment for our club. Cutting our losses when we did was the best thing we have ever done.
If he had have stayed coach then Roo would be into his fourth year as a Collingwood player, Joey would be gone and our young kids would be in a mess.
And that's just what he did when he was at the club, not taking into consideration his nocturnal habits.
Why do you think a dwarf was set on fire? Joey hired him as a joke about the despised Watters. Good riddance to the little big man.

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Watson said he was very impressive during an SEN interview (did have a great gab as I listened in).

By next morning he was gone because of the interview

It had more to do with Watters employing Ashley Prescott as a new assistant coach without clearing it with Pelchen (his boss) or the board. This was after being told to coach & leave the admin of the footy department to the Pelican.

He was also told not to do the interview but that wasn't the breaking point as far as I've been told.

Moorabbin Ghost

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
St Kilda
It had more to do with Watters employing Ashley Prescott as a new assistant coach without clearing it with Pelchen (his boss) or the board. This was after being told to coach & leave the admin of the footy department to the Pelican.

He was also told not to do the interview but that wasn't the breaking point as far as I've been told.

The interview was the final mistake but he'd been totally out of control for a while before that. He was coach and self appointed list manager, president, board, contract negotiator...the list goes on.
The midget was insane.

The interview was the final mistake but he'd been totally out of control for a while before that. He was coach and self appointed list manager, president, board, contract negotiator...the list goes on.
The midget was insane.

He was at a junior footy game against my kids on game day morning and in no rush, I wanted to shove him in the boot and drive him to Etihad myself. He looked totally unprofessional and a little strange to be so chilled about not being somewhere to do his job. You would have thought he'd spend all day planning and checking, after Ross Lyon he seemed like he didn't give a *.

The turning point for me was the news that came out after the game against Port at Etihad (a rare occurrence in itself!): We were losing dismally, and at half time the older guys, Roo and Joey etc, told Watters he didn't have a clue, and so they effectively coached the team in the second half. Steven was huge in that half, our players had a proper structure and responded, and we nearly won.

That was Normandy. The rest was just mopping up until the end.

TassieSaint

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tassie Tigers
Interesting to hear just how disliked he was by the playing group, even some of the stories in this thread I haven't heard before. Any more?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back