News Richmond chasing Josh Schache

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only 1 thing i know about you and that is you are a Richmond supporter, But then you go onto say "I do not accept mediocrity" Yet you are a life long Richmond supporter - So from just 1 sample you are a Hypocrite that just likes to blow crap.

If in real life you didnt accept mediocrity you would have given up on richmond many years ago

Do you get where im coming from or am i just wasting my time and talking to a wall ?

Yeah I do which is why I don't sponsor RFC and do not throw good money after bad!!!!

Why do think I said no in posts about trading for Yarran, Hampson and Prestia????

Surely you will allow me to sit and wait for the changes to come to enable us to be successful again given I am so passionate about the club???

If we got Treloar in and ignored Yarran, Hampson, Prestia etc... who knows whose arses I would be kissing and who knows how much money I would be throwing at the club!!!

Wasn't being smart about it. I actually think it's a great move by Brisbane to give the can time and space to be able to sit down and talk with his family to decide what he wants to do. With our club I'd hope they would do the same. These kids come in with little life experience and have people from all over the place pulling them in different directions saying take this deal, don't take that deal, sign early, hold off signing until later and so on. I'm friends with a player that moved clubs last year similar to Schache taken as a high draft pick, wanted to move home after first 2 years but manager talked him into taking another 2 years with original club and he spent most of that time injured or in the reserves. Finally came back home and is playing consistent footy again and showing what talent he has.

Smartest comments posted! Similar for a family member I know too. Footy players are not all sharp human beings. Some struggle with the simplest of decisions and wear it like millstone around their neck. It can be very insular and overwhelming.

Whilst his current form is definitely concerning, this move is the right one as our list is seriously lacking quality tall forwards.

I wouldn't mind bringing in an experienced key forward as well, like a Reid or Jenkins, because if Schache doesn't click in 2018, then the problem won't go away.
The Tigers really need to make some big calls on some of our spud players that are just not and never will be best 22 players and just cut them and get fresh blood into the team. James Rose,Jordan Foote,Tom Papley,Jake Lloyd,Lewis Melican,Nic Newman are players the swans get late or rookie and can only do this by getting rid of rubbish thats never going to be elite and replace them with low paid rookies or late picks

We tend to hold onto too many players that are just not good enough but are on $200k-$400k for too long

The Tigers really need to make some big calls on some of our spud players that are just not and never will be best 22 players and just cut them and get fresh blood into the team. James Rose,Jordan Foote,Tom Papley,Jake Lloyd,Lewis Melican,Nic Newman are players the swans get late or rookie and can only do this by getting rid of rubbish thats never going to be elite and replace them with low paid rookies or late picks

We tend to hold onto too many players that are just not good enough but are on $200k-$400k for too long

100%.

I constantly sit at the footy with delib and we discuss that if any player on the list doesnt have the potential to compliment or play in a top 4 richmond side, stop wasting list spots and cycle a new guy through.

Taylor hunt is exhibit A of the style that we constantly hold and should be cycled..... wouldnt play in any top 4 side or have the potential or time on his side to be a project player, so cycle.

Sydney have nailed this aspect for a long time now and are constantly finding gems.

100%.

I constantly sit at the footy with delib and we discuss that if any player on the list doesnt have the potential to compliment or play in a top 4 richmond side, stop wasting list spots and cycle a new guy through.

Taylor hunt is exhibit A of the style that we constantly hold and should be cycled..... wouldnt play in any top 4 side or have the potential or time on his side to be a project player, so cycle.

Sydney have nailed this aspect for a long time now and are constantly finding gems.
based on this approach our list would be about 6 players....tgat theory works

Interested 2 know what you would want your club 2 do if a second year top 2 draft pick comes to you halfway through the year and has said he wants to leave your club. Taking into account we are going to finish last, would you continually play games into him or would you put him out to pasture and not play at all for risk of injury and pump games into other players who they know are gonna be around at the club. If this was a situation at your club what would you want YOUR club to do.

Interesting dilemma. I could see why you would play him - he technically gives you a better chance of winning.
But personally I'd let him rot in the twos, travelling up and down the east coast.

100%.

Xavier Richards would be a nine-year player at Tigerland.

100%.

All well and good but it's not all that easy to do. Yes, we have failed to nail some important picks but I feel that we are getting better.
You do also have to give some blokes time, not Todd Elton like time granted, but time.
Sydney have had the advantages of the academy and COLA. They HAVE done very well nevertheless but are probably the exception that proves the rule as most teams are in the same boat as us.
It is near impossible to have an entire list made up of top four standard players, unless you are the AFL Giants, salary cap and the dilution of talent ensures this.
Having a Taylor Hunt on our list is the very least of our problems as long as he is used as "break glass in case of emergency", he is an experienced player who can cover for injuries and will do a job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%.

That's odd, because Taylor Hunt played in a top 4 side for many years.

Similarly, many of the players Sydney built their list on were delisted or traded due to a perceived lack of 'Top 4 quality' - McGlynn, Kennedy, etc.

Latest I am hearing is that schache has played his last game with the Lions. He has lost interest and they don't want to devalue any trade.
It's the tigs or pies

This shows a character to which i'm not keen on spending a lot of money on - IMO - surely this attitude is concerning?

Not playing would reduce his value in my opinion ....

Jimmy Toumpas anyone? Can't get a game at port because of their abundance of wingers and think he'd have a better chance here. Quality footskills albeit slow.
Why not play Lennon, Miles and Toumpas in the same side
upload_2017-5-25_10-22-6.png

This shows a character to which i'm not keen on spending a lot of money on - IMO - surely this attitude is concerning?

Not playing would reduce his value in my opinion ....
On the surface, maybe.
None of us remotely knows his personal circumstances.
Question for everyone - Are we short on KPF stocks?

At this rate, we should be able to get him for our second 1st round pick in the draft, with potential swap of picks down the order or a player

Would comfortably take that.

Question for everyone - Are we short on KPF stocks?
Yes. Key position in general. If Rance or Jack go down we're a bottom 4 side.

Both are in their late 20's, so we need to unearth the next generation "main men". Behind those 2 we have a handful of B grade support acts at best.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back