AFL Toast Round 12: 70 Point Win Against Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how composed Whoosha is. Never gets too emotional, neither disappointed or excited. Almost superhumanely composed.

Oh, and apropos to nothing, here's Whoosha's immediate reaction when a journo tonight asked about Joe's recent goal kicking:

It's because he knows he's landed a plum list!

He doesn't tend to give away a lot in terms of emotion, but he does sound confident in whats happening at the club.

It's because he knows he's landed a plum list!

He doesn't tend to give away a lot in terms of emotion, but he does sound confident in whats happening at the club.
I'll be honest, it has s**t me sometimes but obviously a very good trait.

I still think we need to tag sometimes and tonight we didn't need to because Port don't have an elite midfielder but other than that, he's a good technical coach. He does need to be well supported by a good gameday coach though. Do we have that?

I didn't boo Paddy and don't really hate him (Still like watching him dominate at Port), but he was booed because:

- He is an ex-player (suprise suprise)
- He left us with 2 years on his contract
- Derailed our finals campaign after being kicked out the year before. That was a big game for us and he completely derailed it the week leading to it
- Tied our already tied up hands further by threatening to use the get out clause, which essentially assisted Port Adelaide to low ball us at our lowest point in our history
- Went on a media circus about the whole saga in the trade period
- Said he just wanted out of the club for a fresh change, but then specifically demands a team that was a kick out of the grand final who had nothing for us

There is a reason why Melksham and Hibberd weren't booed earlier in the year. I am however all for moving on. He's got his own career pathway and Essendon have their own direction

PS
We couldn't have thrashed a better club than Port. Tried to take full advantage of us that time. A sweet, sweet victory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Derailed our finals campaign after being kicked out the year before. That was a big game for us and he completely derailed it the week leading to it

Ahhh, so that's why we couldn't hold a lead in the 3rd quarter!

I'll be honest, it has s**t me sometimes but obviously a very good trait.

I still think we need to tag sometimes and tonight we didn't need to because Port don't have an elite midfielder but other than that, he's a good technical coach. He does need to be well supported by a good gameday coach though. Do we have that?
I wouldn't get to caught up with the whole tagger and match day stuff.

This is basically year one for him in regards to working with the whole team and implementing his gameplan.

We are going to see a lot more of what we saw tonight over the next five years or more.

What a complete performance tonight, doesn't get any better than that!

Oh yes it does, Hawthorne lost again!

You know what is ******* great.

Reading the Port board all week they we're complaining about our apparent cockieness. HOW DOES THAT LOOK NOW YOU **** FACES
it really is incredible that hawthorn fans complain the most about bandwagoners, and port complain the most about cockiness. i love it

I'm talking about derailing the build up to the game. Finally had a good story to look forward to and it was derailed. Of course he didn't cost us the game
After the two and a half years previous to that we had media wise...
If a contract/trade story was enough to derail us then we deserved to lose. It didnt though.

And port didn't lowball us. They quickly offered their first but dodo tried for more which is fine.
Ended getting both their first and second so a good deal seeing you couldn't trade future picks at that point.

Port fans still boo Danyle Pearce when they play Freo so the people whingeing about us booing Ryder can eat a willy.

Hell, they were booing Burgoyne last week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back