AFL Toast RND 12: Win against NORF

Remove this Banner Ad

A few North supporters on their board saying we are carrying on like we've won the Grand Final. Really? I haven't seen it. I think most of us are aware that we dodged a bullet.
Was going to post one in the delusional pearlers thread but CBFd

A few North supporters on their board saying we are carrying on like we've won the Grand Final. Really? I haven't seen it. I think most of us are aware that we dodged a bullet.
They’re probably just talking about me someone has to celebrate the win don’t they? Like Langers once said it’s all about winning isn’t it?

Remember a few years ago when McGrath was saying something after the game like “oh yeah we know they circle this week in the calendar and come out really hard, but it’s just another game for us”, and it went straight under their skin

We are going to scream past teams like Essendon very quickly.

I would have thought you'll need to get past bottom 2 before you come charging into the 8

Also, f*** essendon. Carrying on like they won the grand final. We've just exposed them for the frauds they are. Little wins I guess.
* crapping on like the won the grand final
Literally not one Essendon fan would be carrying on like we've won the grand final. Might be for you lot but we just beat 17th, got the job done with minimal collateral damage and move onto season defining games on the biggest stages.

Heaps to look forward to. Essendon got gifted a win with our two best players out when they're trying make a tilt for finals lol

I guess the best clearance player in the comp isn't an out cause its not your team. Nor one of the leading sharpshooters in the comp who hapoenens too bw our reigning best and fairest doesn't matter either?

Scott is looking down the barrell of a rebuild there, unfortunately

That whole 1 month with 2 whole games more average more of your side today makes us old? derp

They are not that good. Hold your heads up boys!
Literally most non Essendon people had us bottom 4 so for us to be contending for a finals spot means we are on the right track. Must be doing something right

Few were mentioning the Laverde massage that was clear as day but this was the best zinger

Couldn't even get it done by themselves vs the worst team in 30 yrs that was down their 2 best mids on the day.

I mean the sheer bias against Essendon each week to gift the opposition shots on goal has become an art form. Take the little wins and celebrate them like its your grand final like your small weasel football club is capable of doing.

Genuinely feel sorry for them, wanted to post something positive for them cause Wardlaw was good, and the kids seemed alright but nuh. * north

It is their Grand Final so they always get up for it. (Still haven’t beaten us since 2016)
We are younger than them and have less games of experience. But let’s listen to them saying you only just beat us. Yeah we did, with a younger, more inexperienced team, who is 11 places higher than you on the ladder…LOL

Meh, arguably one of our worst performances this year, other than the first 5 minutes we were way off. Messy, fumbly and disorganised springs to mind. At times, even looked lazy, like we couldn't be ****ed!
We have a habit of struggling against ordinary sides, we tend to go down 2 or 3 levels.
Wright, Parish, Setterfield & Tsatas can't come in quick enough. Need Stringer more forward, but get some clearance players back in.
Tbh, can't believe we won that, we were putrid for a good portion of that game. Razor ray can get * off too.

On SM-G780G using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baldwin was excellent down back today. Would love to find a way to slide him in
Same - would be more solid in the air, the others are moved a bit easier by the big guys and North had a couple of them that had us nervous throughout. As others have noted could be a swingman when Weid disappears.

Last week we fluffed around a genuinely s**t side for a three quarters and then put them away without the result ever feeling like it was in doubt. This week was different and North would have gotten a win against more than a few teams this week had they been playing them. They were in it for 3 quarters against Collingwood and they only lost to Sydney due to a braindead bench error. We shouldn't have gone in expecting the side they were in April because they aren't.

You cannot compare North to the Eagles, they are in their own world of terrible.

North have at least got the cake very right with a strong contested ball group and a good bookend at either end of the ground.

The still stink but they’re more than good enough to keep even the better sides honest for good periods of games.

I tipped them, they were always going to be a massive show against us coming back from Perth.

They would have circled this one because it was a very winnable game for them.

Got the win, got the 4 points
Job Done.

Was it our GF - Yeah Nah, it’s just another game. We move on to next week.

Wardlaw - wow, what a gun! The future for North looks bright.
Love Island Deal With It GIF by PeacockTV

Not sure what some people want. I enjoyed today, the crowd was fantastic .(felt like we were playing an interstate team, pathetic showing from norf fans) We’re not going to sparkle every week, who does ? Knowing full well the reaction from norf fans on this site makes the win even better. They have not let me down, their tears are delicious. Is there a set of supporters so completely head ****ed in the league as Essendon are to norf fans ?
I’ll say no and I ******* love it, they can get ****ed.

Not going to lie I base my like and dislike on teams these days on the way we were treated in the saga days by other clubs. Some were better than others in that respect.
Not these guys. Me myself am not a spiteful person but am very interested observer in seeing clubs like Norf and Wet Toast go through there own trials and tribulations considering they were the self proclaimed experts on such subject matter.

I would have thought you'll need to get past bottom 2 before you come charging into the 8

Literally not one Essendon fan would be carrying on like we've won the grand final. Might be for you lot but we just beat 17th, got the job done with minimal collateral damage and move onto season defining games on the biggest stages.

I guess the best clearance player in the comp isn't an out cause its not your team. Nor one of the leading sharpshooters in the comp who hapoenens too bw our reigning best and fairest doesn't matter either?

That whole 1 month with 2 whole games more average more of your side today makes us old? derp

Literally most non Essendon people had us bottom 4 so for us to be contending for a finals spot means we are on the right track. Must be doing something right

Few were mentioning the Laverde massage that was clear as day but this was the best zinger

I mean the sheer bias against Essendon each week to gift the opposition shots on goal has become an art form. Take the little wins and celebrate them like its your grand final like your small weasel football club is capable of doing.

Genuinely feel sorry for them, wanted to post something positive for them cause Wardlaw was good, and the kids seemed alright but nuh. * north
It's weird. The one North supporter I knew IRL was a good man. On here most of em are nuts.

So funny how on their autopsy they are just banging on about their Yoof and how bright their future is. We were, on average, 1 month older and had almost 10 games less experience than them. Silly little norf.

EssendonAttributeNorth Melbourne
187.6cmHeight188.3cm
86.4kgWeight84.8kg
25yr 4mthAge25yr 3mth
86.6Games95.6

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back