AFL Toast RND 12: Win against NORF

Remove this Banner Ad

Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.

Norf have been s**t for so long that Essendon schadenfreude is all that they have left, and even then this is their 9th straight loss for them against us.

The reality is we were younger and less experienced then they were today, yet we still won despite playing poorly. Not to mention we are in the eight and they are staring down the barrel of 4 straight bottom 4 finishes.

Let them be.

Last edited:

Norf have been s**t for so long that Essendon schadenfreude is all that they have left, and even then this is their 9th straight loss for them against us.

The reality is we were younger and less experienced then they were today, yet we still won despite playing poorly. Not to mention we are in the eight and they are staring down the barrel of 3 straight bottom 4 finishes.

Let them be.
Vale North Melbourne, the club with the messiah coa.... oh wait

never mind

Go Dons

Great to win Norths Grand Final game and see their BF supporters so hurt. Also good to see BScott point out our team was significantly younger than theirs despite them having all their top draft picks in. Can’t wait to bury these Campaigners in the next game when we get Wright, Sedds and Parish back in and maybe a few of our other young picks in.

So funny how on their autopsy they are just banging on about their Yoof and how bright their future is. We were, on average, 1 month younger and had almost 10 games less experience than them. Silly little norf.

EssendonAttributeNorth Melbourne
187.6cmHeight188.3cm
86.4kgWeight84.8kg
25yr 4mthAge25yr 3mth
86.6Games95.6

The one eth-dog likes is the games played

less than 50 games
Ess 7 v NM 8

50 > 100 games
Ess 10 v NM 6

100 > 200 games
Ess 2 v NM 2

200+ games
Ess 2 v NM 3 (add insult to injury, one of our two was subbed Dylan Shiel)

So yep, all about that you

And next week! Everyone is saying stop Cripps you stop Carlton such a shame Setterfield didn’t get an opportunity to prove himself 😕. Definitely believed he would have nullified him. What’s Brad going to do to combat this?
Caldwell has done it before, hasn't he?

The reality is we were younger and less experienced then they were today, yet we still won despite playing poorly. Not to mention we are in the eight and they are staring down the barrel of 3 straight bottom 4 finishes.

Let them be.
Actually they’re staring down the barrel of 4 consecutive bottom 2 finishes HAHAHA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well….

That’s another day at the office done. Winnings a habit and at least this team is keeping up with their New Year’s resolutions to try and do it more.

Draper might not be the best ruck or guy in the air but gee he’s magic off the ground and in front of goal. Been saying he’s the 2nd tall forward we need and still think that.

Physicality is a work in progress but they hung tough today and were more up for the scrap then they have been so that’s a good sign.

Given how the game was played there were two specific players not out there today that would have turned a six point game into a comfortable win. Wright and Parish.
yeah of course if we had 2 extras it would’ve been easier - 20 Vs 18 wins every time

I know we've talked up the positives of beating North and Merret and Martin were huge, Langford kicked another 4 today and Ridley is fast moving into the elite category of silk but the real elephant in the room needs to be discussed.

Laverde and Zerk - Thatcher gave up 13 marks (look, its the total of Coleman - Jones and Larkey) and also 8 shots on goal (4 goals 4 behinds).

Zerk has come along way and deserves to keep his spot and Laverde is the incumbent KPD but until we have rapid improvement or one (or both) improve immeasurably then we may be in a perilous position of not rising up the ladder than where we currently are.

These key forwards are taking a hold of us (Hawkins kicked 6?, Dixon kicked 4? etc.) what damage will Curnow &/or McKay do next week?

We do have the kids developing, and hope we can continue to improve the team defence so they are not 1 out as much as they were this evening.

Another downside was that of Dylan Shiel, hopefully it was just precautionary because without Parish we NEED Dylan helping Zac in midfield. Go into the Blues and then he has a week off with the bye for a big crack at the second half of the season.

Not sure what some people want. I enjoyed today, the crowd was fantastic .(felt like we were playing an interstate team, pathetic showing from norf fans) We’re not going to sparkle every week, who does ? Knowing full well the reaction from norf fans on this site makes the win even better. They have not let me down, their tears are delicious. Is there a set of supporters so completely head ****ed in the league as Essendon are to norf fans ?
I’ll say no and I ******* love it, they can get ****ed.
Agree. Was an enjoy the ride day. Rate it a better win than the one 22 years ago actually. But North had support. Nothing like the Gold Coast or GWS games which I can't work out how to take, crowd wise. But was given to wonder why I had North colours so close when I was in the members. And the North noise was equivalent to the Essendon from my seat.

we need another big defender asap, nothing against ridley, leverede & bzt but they're tiny compared to larky and coleman-jones. they could've crushed us today
Baldwin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back