AFL Toast RND 17: Win Against The Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably also means Weideman stays in. A week for Flip?
Unfortunately we're seeing one of the criticisms of North fans of Scott when he was coaching them. Had his favourites that got games regardless of how out of form they were.

Hopefully Flip gets a fine (chook lotto so who knows) and Bryan is in as a forward. The criticism of him is he doesn't have great forward craft and can fade out of a game, but Weid had 2 hitouts and 3 marks for the game, so I'm not sure we lose a lot with him out. Suspect the odds of this happening are pretty damn low

Unfortunately we're seeing one of the criticisms of North fans of Scott when he was coaching them. Had his favourites that got games regardless of how out of form they were.

Hopefully Flip gets a fine (chook lotto so who knows) and Bryan is in as a forward. The criticism of him is he doesn't have great forward craft and can fade out of a game, but Weid had 2 hitouts and 3 marks for the game, so I'm not sure we lose a lot with him out. Suspect the odds of this happening are pretty damn low
It’s not just what you do with the ball, it’s what you do without it and where you fit in the system (such as dragging a defender out of their leading lane and not knocking a mark out of their hands).

It’s not just what you do with the ball, it’s what you do without it and where you fit in the system (such as dragging a defender out of their leading lane and not knocking a mark out of their hands).
True. I've flagged this as an issue for Langford since Wright has come back. They've lead to the same area a number of times.

My knock on Weid isn't that he isn't trying or getting to the right spots. It's that he's in a massive form slump and drops a lot of marks he would take when he's confident, and looks like he has zero self belief when in front of the goals. Not unfixable, just needs a run in the 2's to build up the confidence with assurances from the coach that he sees him as a best 22 player in the future when he's back in form.

Genuine question, do you think one of our not injured talls in the 2's could be given clear directions through the week and accomplish what you mentioned on game day?

True. I've flagged this as an issue for Langford since Wright has come back. They've lead to the same area a number of times.

My knock on Weid isn't that he isn't trying or getting to the right spots. It's that he's in a massive form slump and drops a lot of marks he would take when he's confident, and looks like he has zero self belief when in front of the goals. Not unfixable, just needs a run in the 2's to build up the confidence with assurances from the coach that he sees him as a best 22 player in the future when he's back in form.

Genuine question, do you think one of our not injured talls in the 2's could be given clear directions through the week and accomplish what you mentioned on game day?
i think langford played pretty well today with regards to wright, didn't really get into each others area in the ground when leading

Think this is a fitness thing. Hopefully Scott has carte blanche to hold the fitness team accountable for the current fitness base of our team in the off season and make changes to staff if we're not closing the gap between us and top teams.
Adelaide have an elite fitness program run by one of the best

We could do well to tempt Burgess over

Had a few passengers (Stringer, Weidemann, Snelling) today and very little out of Shiel and Phillips today.

We did have a few role players step up again today, Merrett stepped up again, Parish probably under appreciated his impact today. Wright and Martin very good. Langford slowly getting the recognition he deserves. Guelfi close to my votes today. Perkins and Hobbs exceptional with the additional responsibility.
Dont forget Heppell who has turned back the clock. Genuine brilliant, especially that third quarter.

i think langford played pretty well today with regards to wright, didn't really get into each others area in the ground when leading
Agree, not surprising it's taken a couple of weeks to adjust from him basically being our number 1 forward.

My comment wasn't a criticism of Langford, more so acknowledging the positives in Weids game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, not surprising it's taken a couple of weeks to adjust from him basically being our number 1 forward.

My comment wasn't a criticism of Langford, more so acknowledging the positives in Weids game
oh i agree, i don't think weid had a bad game today, obviously having no goals isn't good but he did have some genuine positives, i can understand that brad scott wants him to get game time and break through it, he just needs time

Our best is great, but gees we take the foot off at times. The drop in intensity is palpable once we get 4-5 clear & it’s a challenge to us for the rest of the year to show the maturity to put sides away when the opportunity’s there.

We won’t get away with it next week.

Anyone potting Parish needs to seriously watch the replay. Yes he turns it over sometimes and his footskills are not elite but he worked hard up and back today and was a BIG reason for the win. Got a 'lazy' 39 touches (same as the skipper), 8 of which were clearance (highest bomber), gained 599m (2nd highest after skipper), 9 i50s (highest bomber), 13 contested possession (highest bomber)... I mean FFS.. what else does the bloke have to do to get respect around here??

We would be absolutely CRAZY to give Parish up.. for any amount of draft picks. And he is only 25.. just hitting his prime.

I wonder what game some of you watch.. dude is legit elite.

Fun game of footy. A bit of a shame we couldn't maintain that 6 goal lead, but we looked very good at times and our ability to withstand their push in the 3rd quarter was pleasing.
Groundball pressure in our forward line was much improved from the last few weeks and the tackling was very good.
Ridley's 2nd quarter was sublime, really hope that injury isn't severe. Lav and Zerk stood up well once he went down
Hobbs was very good again, Merett was immense, and Martin and McGrath good as well.
Nice to see 2MP back amongst the goals, and Langford continuing to work hard across the ground

Shiel just doesn't work as the sub, probably time we stop with that experiment.
Stringer missing from 40m out directly in front and then banging them through from the boundary is so frustrating :D

Anyone potting Parish needs to seriously watch the replay. Yes he turns it over sometimes and his footskills are not elite but he worked hard up and back today and was a BIG reason for the win. Got a 'lazy' 39 touches (same as the skipper), 8 of which were clearance (highest bomber), gained 599m (2nd highest after skipper), 9 i50s (highest bomber), 13 contested possession (highest bomber)... I mean FFS.. what else does the bloke have to do to get respect around here??

We would be absolutely CRAZY to give Parish up.. for any amount of draft picks. And he is only 25.. just hitting his prime.

I wonder what game some of you watch.. dude is legit elite.

I counted at least 3 smothers too

oh i agree, i don't think weid had a bad game today, obviously having no goals isn't good but he did have some genuine positives, i can understand that brad scott wants him to get game time and break through it, he just needs time
See your point but i disagree. Can't fault the endeavour but the execution means teams can cheat defensively. Haven't seen any sign he's going to break through it - seems resigned to missing when in front of goal.

Like I was with Heppell earlier in the year though, hope I'm wrong

See your point but i disagree. Can't fault the endeavour but the execution means teams can cheat defensively. Haven't seen any sign he's going to break through it - seems resigned to missing when in front of goal.

Like I was with Heppell earlier in the year though, hope I'm wrong
yeah same, it'll take some time but i hope he hits some good form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back