FTA-TV Game of Thrones Season VII

Who will die next week?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't read the books,

Sure. Every book reader has been claiming "Oh I'm just a simple television viewer" the past 5 seasons (back in season 1 no one really had read the books; it was a wonderful time to have a conversation about the show).

so I'm guessing what happens next. And isn't that the partly the point of these threads, to discuss possibilities.

Book readers aren't "guessing". This 'LS/LSH' thing has been mentioned before. That's obviously something from the books and obviously something you and they recognise is, at the least, spoilery enough to abbreviate into initials.

So decide if it's the book thread or if it's not.

The possibilities book readers have are informed differently, I'd say there should still be two threads.

Sure. Every book reader has been claiming "Oh I'm just a simple television viewer" the past 5 seasons (back in season 1 no one really had read the books; it was a wonderful time to have a conversation about the show).

Book readers aren't "guessing". This 'LS/LSH' thing has been mentioned before. That's obviously something from the books and obviously something you and they recognise is, at the least, spoilery enough to abbreviate into initials.

I can honestly say that I have not read the books. I have however read summaries of books and character profiles.

If you didn't know what happened in the books, you wouldn't realise that LSH was something from the books. So it's on you.

The initials have nothing to do with whether this is a spoiler. This event will not happen in the show, it is in the past and is not a spoiler for the show moving forward.

There is really nothing left from the books that can spoil the TV show. All TV plot lines have caught up to or in the majority of cases gone past the books.

Last edited:
The initials have nothing to do with whether this is a spoiler. This event will not happen in the show, it is in the past and is not a spoiler for the show moving forward.

There is really nothing left from the books that can spoil the TV show. All TV plot lines have caught up to (and in the majority of cases) gone past the books.

^^This. No old elements from the books are getting thrown in at this stage, they're in the home stretch now. They're going to need to spend that time resolving the story that's left.

All the remaining loose ends that they were ever intending on tying up were done last season.

That's obviously something from the books and obviously something you and they recognise is, at the least, spoilery enough to abbreviate into initials.

You're getting yourself worked up about nothing here. I only abbreviated the name because I couldn't be bothered typing it out, if you went through my post history in any of the other GoT threads you'd see I often do this for established show characters too. I was just being lazy. If I thought I was genuinely spoiling something by referencing an important character that hasn't yet made an appearance in the show I'd have used spoiler tags.

I get the paranoia about having things spoiled by book readers but IMO this is too much. You see the slightest reference to the books and act like you're having the ending spelled out for you, even when you admit that you don't understand what is being said. I don't get that. Before I was a book reader if I came across an offhand reference to something like "LSH" or "R+L=J" I wouldn't obsess over it because it just looked like complete nonsense to me.

I don't think we need two threads. At this stage the show is now so far ahead and is taking a lot of different paths to how a lot of the character arcs are likely to unfold in the books. I get that book readers are differently informed but I think that loses relevance when the show has been heading in its own direction for a while now. We're just as in the dark about what happens next as everyone else is so there really isn't much to discuss from a book readers POV anymore. We'd all just end up in the main show thread anyway because at this point we're all just show watchers now.

If book readers keep all posts that are informed by the books in spoiler tags then surely we can all be mature enough to co exist?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have made an executive decision in the Azure household that I will be waiting until the season finishes to binge watch it.

Having to wait a week between each ep is too painful once you've started watching.

#Forthewatch

I have made an executive decision in the Azure household that I will be waiting until the season finishes to binge watch it.

Having to wait a week between each ep is too painful once you've started watching.

#Forthewatch
#ForTheWebIsDarkAndFullOfSpoilers :)

#Forthewatch
Tough move. I wouldnt be able to resist

Where is Bran though?

Still north of the Wall. Coldhands Benjen dropped him and Meera off before getting to the wall.

Long live the one true thread!

Stannis-Baratheon-Mance-2.gif

#Forthewatch

9yXav.gif

#Forthewatch

I'm the opposite, I like spreading the show over a couple of months instead of it being done and gone in a couple of days, plus I like the discussions after each episode. I still feel I cheated myself out of something after i watched the entire second half of season 5 of Breaking Bad over the one weekend.

each to their own i guess.

Yeah these discussion threads alone make it worth watching week to week.

Though I am envious of those who discover this show in the future and get to binge watch the whole thing from start to finish, like I was able to with shows like The Wire. That would be a great ride packing so much awesomeness into a shortened timeframe.

I'm the opposite, I like spreading the show over a couple of months instead of it being done and gone in a couple of days, plus I like the discussions after each episode. I still feel I cheated myself out of something after i watched the entire second half of season 5 of Breaking Bad over the one weekend.

each to their own i guess.
Your compelling argument along with a peternorth shaming has the Azure household in uproar.

I may have been convinced.

Back