List Mgmt. Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ffs his deficiencies are unfixable. Some people really have no feel for this game.
Ffs they aren't if he wants to.

He's shown before he can be aggressive when he he prepared to do it.

But yes.

Let's just throw away a player at afl level so you can feel good about your temper tantrum.

Jenkins stupid comments in the media have made us all look bad.

I don't know about you guys but to me he's the new Mackay. I wish he would heck off and never play another game for the club but we are stuck with him on a long term contract.

I have defended him time and time again but even in the context of 4/5’s if the team not showing up he was diabolical yesterday. Maybe it was the matching boots...

Ffs they aren't if he wants to.

He's shown before he can be aggressive when he he prepared to do it.

But yes.

Let's just throw away a player at afl level so you can feel good about your temper tantrum.

I'll let you in on a little secret. The football graveyard is full of players who were drafted but turned out not to be good enough to be even a consistently average player at this level. Jenkins is clearly not good enough as either a genuine key forward nor a ruckman. Admit we made a mistake and fix it.By continuing to play him next year all we are doing is killing the development of a young player (Himmelberg) while watching him burn in final after final.

I don't get that Pyke and you can't see what is pretty bloody obvious to the majority of the football world. Jenkins is big mouthed seagull who has zero physicality, work rate and skill you know the sort of traits you need to win finals.

Last edited:
Must start the year in the SANFL and rebuild trust.

Maybe some boxing training in between media commitments and twitter posts?

You guys are unbelievable. What is it about this player that makes you want to move heaven and earth to keep him in the team.

Maybe we should give Jericho a call and see if he's available.

You guys are unbelievable. What is it about this player that makes you want to move heaven and earth to keep him in the team.

Maybe we should give Jericho a call and see if he's available.
Unlike Luke, Josh has kicked over 100 goals in 2 years, that's why people want to persist.

He must start in the SANFL but a good run of games still gets him back in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he plays any games next year, other than to cover injuries, it puts a huge target on Pykes back.
Why ??

If that's the case there's about 15 guys who shouldn't play again.

Unlike Luke, Josh has kicked over 100 goals in 2 years, that's why people want to persist.

He must start in the SANFL but a good run of games still gets him back in

If he has another year like this year and we finish top 4 - would you play him in finals?

You're mist likely right but a couple poor games early and he will be dropped

And you're possibly right as well, however the quality of opposition in the AFL is just not their. Even if we have a poor season, we can still win between 7 and 11 games and he will get his 3 to 5 goals and keep his spot.

Same as Mackay. He should have been dropped numerious times last year and this year but we would come up against an easy beat and he would get his 20 touches and cement his spot again.

Unless the selection panel red line him, he will still play between 15 and 20 games.

If he has another year like this year and we finish top 4 - would you play him in finals?
I wouldn't have brought him back so quick after being dropped this year, so probably not.

If he kicks 50 goals again he will be there, but in my mind it's about HOW he gets his 50 goals.

The only times I can recall Jenkins actually playing well were 1) when his contract was on the line and better performances were going to increase his market value, and 2) The first couple of weeks he returned after Don dropped him during the year (probably put a much needed dent in his inflated ego) and 3) the odd good performance.

The reason he is so frustrating is because he has shown on rare occasions he can play, but because he only plays for himself (e.g. when contract on the line) he just doesn't really care about the team.

Also whats the point in keeping a guy who can't perform in big games, that is after all the reason the team plays!

It's really a non negotiable now that we only play proven reliable players in finals.
Since we're in a window. If we can extract good performances from Jenkins by dropping, challenging him when needed to maintain ladder position then use more reliable players in the finals. Basically be ruthless and use him up when appropriate but know finals are not his thing. He's been paid financially and being gifted finals appearances is not guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back