List Mgmt. Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait for what?

He was deplorable all year and our forward line performed just as well when he wasn’t there

Where do you think he’ll finish in the B&F tonight?

Not going to get into an argument over JJ with you as you are One eye on that subject so it would be a waste of time and space.
But B&F tonight mid-range between 8th and 12th.

I did not start the Tarzan vs Jane, I just followed along with the trend, Because all year People on this site have been referring to Looks like Tarzan Plays like Jane in regards to JJ, and then wish he would attack the ball Like Dixon.
So completely agree.

Do you think he’s had a better year?
In terms of scoreboard No,
In terms of team role yes.
He improved his tackles per game Mark inside 50 per game.
In terms of defensive pressure yes 2016 he was below average for his position in defensive pressure 2017 above average.
So yes he had a better year.

The finals series highlighted jenkins weaknesses which he gets away with in the home and away season. I honestly dont see him as a natural footballler and feel his ability has capped. Would seriously shop him around as he offers little more than joe the goose goals and his gf performance was damning.

If you guys who keep complaining about JJ can give me the name of a 45-50 goal 2nd Ruck/FWD option then fine, I'm happy to hear it. If not then shut the hell up and just realise when you have a good thing going for you!!!!

Before you answer, just letting you know 7 teams didn't have a 45 goal kicker in 2017. Also, would hate to find out who else had kicked 193 goals in 4 years before making such a call

Last edited:
If you guys who keep complaining about JJ can give me the name of a 45-50 goal 2nd Ruck/FWD option then fine, I'm happy to hear it. If not then shut the hell up and just realise when you have a good thing going for you!!!!

Before you answer, just letting you know 7 teams didn't have a 45 goal kicker in 2017. Also, would hate to find out who else had kicked 193 goals in 4 years before making such a call

You are having a ******* laugh aren’t you?

His goals are cheap and meaningless

We saw again last night how little his goals count for in the eyes of the coaching panel

14th last year
13th this year

Joe Daniher won his best n fairest this year with 63 goals
Ben Brown was 3rd and nearly won his B&F with 62
Charlie Dixon was 2nd and nearly won his with 49
Jeremy Cameron was 2nd (votes per game) and he kicked 45

Heck Tex finished 4th this year on votes per game from 54 - so don’t tell me our coaches don’t rate goals

Last year JJ finished 14th with his 62

That’s how little his junk time cheapies are worth, and if you can’t see it then that’s on you

The coaches see it

Last edited:

Jack Watts would kick 40-50 in our system, and be a better ruck

The last point being irrelevant as we could bring back Adam Saliba who’d be as effective in the ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't see Jenkins free in the back half as often as you do in the forward 50m ... right? He values kicking the goal over just about everything else.

He doesn't give off the ball very often, just takes the shot at goal from 60m (he kicked one from there before and it got a huge scream from the crowd), he never ever plays to hurt the opposition physically. Brad Crouch plays to hurt, and it's why he is one of my favourite players. BC is fair and not dirty in the slightest ... but if you play on Brad you finish the game with sore spots.

Jenkins will never lift the Crows off the canvas and carry his team to win, not unless he changes almost everything about himself as a player ... and we have as much chance of that happening as SOS handing over Gibbs for cheap !!

That doesn't address the issue of his contract though.

I'd like to know how many of those goals he would have still kicked if he actually made an effort in each pack contest to bring the ball to ground instead of waiting out the back or side, or how many he still would have kicked if he ever expended some energy chasing and putting on some defensive pressure once the opposition got the ball, or how many he still would have kicked if he ever ventured outside the F50 when he was not rucking.

I'd also like to know how many of the rebound goals we conceded over that time when the opposition just sling the ball back over the heads of our exhausted midfielders who worked their asses off to get the ball into the 50 only to see Jenkins barely leave the ground and throw one hand up while the opposition just outmark him yet again and rebound straight away.

Would LOVE to see the +/- differential when you factor those things in.

You are having a ******* laugh aren’t you?

His goals are cheap and meaningless

We saw again last night how little his goals count for in the eyes of the coaching panel

14th last year
13th this year

Joe Daniher won his best n fairest this year with 63 goals
Ben Brown was 3rd and nearly won his B&F with 62
Charlie Dixon was 2nd and nearly won his with 49
Jeremy Cameron was 2nd (votes per game) and he kicked 45

Heck Tex finished 4th this year on votes per game from 54 - so don’t tell me our coaches don’t rate goals

Last year JJ finished 14th with his 62

That’s how little his junk time cheapies are worth, and if you can’t see it then that’s on you

The coaches see it
Yep, you just named 5 players, none of which play second Ruck.... good call though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back