Society/Culture Greens vow to move Australia Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Here comes procy to hijack the thread with his conspiracies, basement boy has been let outta the cage ......
Close the thread mods.
Realises people have found complete flaws in his logic, doesn't answer simple questions when making outlandish statements, runs to mods to get the thread closed.

How about you answer my question on what institutions the "left" have torn down?

I'd run up to Mods to if I saw him around

bf30a4216539e9c4959f141cb1da7204

I agree with the notion of human progress as per the enlightenment project, including technology Shan....But we should be using it to lift everyone else up.....Not knock them down & steal their assets, just because we can, due to our superior technological developments.

The fact is, we have not moved on one jot so far as 'humanitarian' progress across the planet goes.....And that's all to do with greed, ignorance & a pathetic power-complex.
I don't disagree, but it's not the doom and gloom some people make out right now

Here comes procy to hijack the thread with his conspiracies, basement boy has been let outta the cage ......
Close the thread mods.

I'm not the one making grandiose statements to the effect that the left side of politics hates the West FFS.....And all prefaced upon the mere mooting of a change of date on Australia day....That statement demanded answering & smashing on the head pronto.

And that's what you don't like Fatty.

Yeah, nobody is slinging nukes at each other. Everyone knows it means the end of the world.

Only one country in history has used nuclear bombs on citizens ShanDog.....Oh....And then there's also this:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/14/the-united-states-used-depleted-uranium-in-syria/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/19/us-depleted-uranium-weapons-civilian-areas-iraq

https://www.mintpressnews.com/depleted-uranium-iraq-wars-legacy-cancer/193338/

These guys are insane & simply do not care about humanity or this planet mate.

Only one country in history has used nuclear bombs on citizens ShanDog.....Oh....And then there's also this:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/14/the-united-states-used-depleted-uranium-in-syria/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/19/us-depleted-uranium-weapons-civilian-areas-iraq

Yeah I'm well aware of who has used nukes in anger and the contested justification for it.

No 'state' will throw nukes around now though. It's a zero sum game and everyone with the capability of using one knows it. If there is ever a genuine threat or God forbid one is used, it won't be done by a country with a seat in a place like the UN.

Yeah I'm well aware of who has used nukes in anger and the contested justification for it.

No 'state' will throw nukes around now though. It's a zero sum game and everyone with the capability of using one knows it. If there is ever a genuine threat or God forbid one is used, it won't be done by a country with a seat in a place like the UN.

That would be the same mob who are trying their darnedest to de-ratify & tear up the Iranian nuclear disarmament agreement, so as to legitimize & justify the grounds for beggining a war with them & bombing the joint to kingdom come.....A country that has never breached it's own borders to invade another in over 200 years.

I wish I could share in & partake of your faith in their 'Sanity', their 'Reason' & their 'sense of humanity' mate....Especially with a psycho at the wheel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be the same mob who are trying their darnedest to de-ratify & tear up the Iranian nuclear disarmament agreement, so as to legitimize & justify the grounds for beggining a war with them & bombing the joint to kingdom come.....A country that has never breached it's own borders to invade another in over 200 years.

I wish I could share in & partake of your faith in their 'Sanity', their 'Reason' & their 'sense of humanity' mate....Especially with a psycho at the wheel.

1826?

LOL....What a load of hoary old bollocks.

There is no good reason for the date staying as it is, other than as a continued sleight against this lands original inhabitants.

As people here have noted, most people don't give a toss when the date is, so long as we still get a public holiday out of it & it's during the summer.

Only RWNJ's who hate Indigenous people are sticking their heels in on this one.....The one's who usually wrap themselves up in the Union Jack & by doing so turn the rest of us away from all things Nationalistic in the first place.
There’s no good reason for either. So, just leave it as it is.
Patriotism is only good for sport.

But more peaceful time now doesn't necessarily mean that will stay like this in the decades to come. As population grows, fight for resources will only intensify. I can't see that stopping in the future. So you are right, nukes will be the used in the next decade or two if i was a betting man but this still doesn't take the fact away that we are still living in the peaceful time in human history. Technology is a double edged sword at times, i hope common sense prevails in the end though.

Haha a WHOLE 23 years??! How will we survive change of that magnitude??! lol

Thanks for once again confirming exactly what I first said in reply to you with the poor excuse for rational thought that makes up the rest of your post. You are ideologically possessed and your unwillingness to change the date of Australia Day is entirely based on an us v them dichotomous political war, and absolutely nothing about the significance of the day itself. "Forget the first fleet happened" indeed.

Your slippery slope fallacy is noted, and completely rejected. You can't argue this issue with an argument regarding a hypothetical future issue. The future issue is irrelevant, and your attempt to do so is further evidence of your ideological bent.

You've engaged in a battle of wits while unarmed. So much for private schooling.

No my position is based on 100% common-sense. By the way how about you let others make up their mind if a day they have been celebrating for the past 23 years is important to them rather than forcing others to think like you ?

I just watched a whole hour of Jacinta price on sky news last night, Arthur Phillip made every attempt to have good relations with the indigenous people and there was no policy to kill indigenous people at all. So there is no logical reason to change and the arguments made against the 26th can be made towards any other day of the year.

You have to ask the fundamental question was the arrival of the first fleet a good thing or a bad thing for aboriginals ? it was obviously good .

So you have no logical reason to change the date at all.

No my position is based on 100% common-sense. By the way how about you let others make up their mind if a day they have been celebrating for the past 23 years is important to them rather than forcing others to think like you ?

I just watched a whole hour of Jacinta price on sky news last night, Arthur Phillip made every attempt to have good relations with the indigenous people and there was no policy to kill indigenous people at all. So there is no logical reason to change and the arguments made against the 26th can be made towards any other day of the year.

You have to ask the fundamental question was the arrival of the first fleet a good thing or a bad thing for aboriginals ? it was obviously good .

Who gives a shit? British colonists and convicts came and raped and murdered aboriginals. It's a fact, deal with it.

Saying that the British made things better is an objective term. That's like saying the Mongols made Russia better by spreading Chinese tech... but you can be damn sure they didn't think that at the time. The aboriginals may not have had the same technology, but they were clearly quite content with living how they were. Such a stupid and idiotic thing to say, though coming from someone who can't even type correct grammar I'm not surprised.

And I thought people were joking when they suggested yours was a parody account.

You don't know what common sense and logic are, which really precludes you from using them.

Who gives a shit? British colonists and convicts came and raped and murdered aboriginals. It's a fact, deal with it.

Saying that the British made things better is an objective term. That's like saying the Mongols made Russia better by spreading Chinese tech... but you can be damn sure they didn't think that at the time. The aboriginals may not have had the same technology, but they were clearly quite content with living how they were. Such a stupid and idiotic thing to say, though coming from someone who can't even type correct grammar I'm not surprised.
Yet, you left Australia to live there with them in s London basement.
Hypocrite much......

subjective

And I thought people were joking when they suggested yours was a parody account.

You don't know what common sense and logic are, which really precludes you from using them.

I am the most respected and intelligent poster on this whole forum , you have no idea how many people over the past 12 years have come to me seeking advice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back