Australia - US Relationship (If Trump Wins 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt Trump will actually get into the White House but the issue is eventually a Republican will, and the GOP is a party of MAGA now. They’re religious extremists.

Australia should have always had ASEAN as our greatest allies. Good relations with our near neighbours is our best defence. No need for dozens of US military bases in Australia. It’s only the ‘yellow peril’ racism that’s always been prevalent here that sees Australians needing to suck up to the most powerful Anglo nation.

I doubt Trump will actually get into the White House but the issue is eventually a Republican will, and the GOP is a party of MAGA now. They’re religious extremists.

Australia should have always had ASEAN as our greatest allies. Good relations with our near neighbours is our best defence. No need for dozens of US military bases in Australia. It’s only the ‘yellow peril’ racism that’s always been prevalent here that sees Australians needing to suck up to the most powerful Anglo nation.
I've always wondered why we haven't tried to be better friends with Indonesia

I mean obviously we'd have to get past some historical stuff and they would have to accept us sending our Bogans to Bali every year.

But all that aside, we should be great mates by now.

I've always wondered why we haven't tried to be better friends with Indonesia

I mean obviously we'd have to get past some historical stuff and they would have to accept us sending our Bogans to Bali every year.

But all that aside, we should be great mates by now.
We are pretty good friends with them and have been for a while.

Getting even closer since they started asking (like Phillipines, Vietnam, Brunei etc) for help from US, Japan and others to deter Xis growing aggression against his smaller neighbours.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love the arrogant naivety of people thinking that distancing ourselves from the US is even a possibility. Amusing to see people suggest it every time an American politician offends them. Downright hilarious when they suggest that jumping ship to the China/Russia bloc is the morally superior choice.

I am in no way defending the US as a bastion of ethical behaviour, but read a book ffs!

I love the arrogant naivety of people thinking that distancing ourselves from the US is even a possibility. Amusing to see people suggest it every time an American politician offends them. Downright hilarious when they suggest that jumping ship to the China/Russia bloc is the morally superior choice.

I am in no way defending the US as a bastion of ethical behaviour, but read a book ffs!
Given nearly every one of our allies has a contingency in place, it would be stupid for us not to consider Trumps re-election, even as unlikely as it is.

Personally, I think we're be better off offering to sacrifice Scott Morrison to the gods to try to get closer to the EU.

Last edited:

China upon seeing this

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

He forgot to add "This message was paid for and authorised by the CCP" at the bottom after all it is the CCP that is threatening peace in the region and expects the US and their friends to just abandon Taiwan etc to their fate.

If he had values, he would not only call on the US to change its behaviour but also condemn Xis aggression against the Philippines etc and demand the restoration of human rights in Hong Kong, Tibet etc

Last edited:
He forgot to add "This message was paid for and authorised by the CCP" at the bottom

So after counting that list there's 6 Senators, 4 Ambassadors or DFAT officials, 3 State Premiers, 3 Attorneys General, 3 Liberal party MPs (including a former Leader and Deputy Leader), 2 Department Secretaries, a Minister for Foreign Affairs, a Minister for Trade, a Minister for Immigration, a Human Rights Commissioner, a Nobel Laureate and dozens of academics, university professors, lawyers international, authors, ministers and MPs.

And they're all just "CCP shills" to you? For calling for détente and a peaceful region?

So either the "CCP" have carried out the most successful influence operation in history or there's a lot of prominent Australians not being paid by weapons manufacturers who don't want WW3 on our doorstep.

So after counting that list there's 6 Senators, 4 Ambassadors or DFAT officials, 3 State Premiers, 3 Attorneys General, 3 Liberal party MPs (including a former Leader and Deputy Leader), 2 Department Secretaries, a Minister for Foreign Affairs, a Minister for Trade, a Minister for Immigration, a Human Rights Commissioner, a Nobel Laureate and dozens of academics, university professors, lawyers international, authors, ministers and MPs.

And they're all just "CCP shills" to you? For calling for détente and a peaceful region?

So either the "CCP" have carried out the most successful influence operation in history or there's a lot of prominent Australians not being paid by weapons manufacturers who don't want WW3 on our doorstep.
Read the full statement and it essentially calls for Australia to abandon our friends in ASEAN who face constant threats and aggression from Xi.

Given Xi is engaged in the largest military build up in history, it is clear that Xi supporters like Carr who had received millions from Xi are the ones being paid by arms suppliers.

True Detente would be great, first steps are on China to slow their buiildup, and stop harasisng their smaller neighbours. Handing back the West Phiippine Sea Islands to Philippines would be the next step. Announcing they won't attack Taiwan and kill millions if they feel insulted would be good too.

US and China could also work together to influence Iran (Chinas puppet) and Israel to seek peace.

whilst Xi had bought a lot of ex pollies and diplomats, many are just genuinely naive and truly want a peaceful partnership with China such as we were all enjoying until Xi took power. It is telling that the statement Carr had people sign left our most of his pro China rant that he made on other forums.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the full statement and it essentially calls for Australia to abandon our friends in ASEAN

Where does it say that? Stop making up nonsense.

US and China could also work together to influence Iran (Chinas puppet) and Israel to seek peace.

I find it telling you refer to Iran as China's puppet but don't list Israel as the puppet of the US. China hasn't fired a single shot in anger in the Middle East forever.

Where does it say that? Stop making up nonsense.

I find it telling you refer to Iran as China's puppet but don't list Israel as the puppet of the US. China hasn't fired a single shot in anger in the Middle East forever.
Putting aside that Carr as usual can't bring himself to call out or even mention Xi's wargames and violent threats against peaceful Taiwan, Philippines etc. The section below from the related interview makes it clear we can't expect trade with China if we participate in what he call US war games. Given that almost all of those "war games" are actually exercises at the request of SEA nations who are increasingly terrified of Xis behaviour - he is essentially saying if you want Xi's money, you must abandon friends calling for help. Fortunately whilst Carr has chosen the money, most Australians, Japanese etc haven't. Carr's speech makes it clear, whilst China remains under the oppressive and regressive Xi dictatorship, we must diversify our economy.

"For too long Australia has avoided taking a practical policy position on the relationship between the USA – our most important strategic ally – and China, our most important trading partner and the rising power in our region. It’s not possible to continue to play war games with the Americans and trade games with China and hope to live on in blissful prosperity."

I will acknowledge you are correct on the second point, Iran aren't puppets they are clients like Israel is to the US. Xi hasn't fired a shot in the Middle East or Ukraine, he pays others to do it so he can conserve his strength for his plan to attack and kill or imprison millions in the peaceful nation of Taiwan.

Gareth Evans words are more balanced and suggest the following as a positive way forward "We should strive to create an environment in which the two superpowers can cooperate on regional and global geo-political problems such as climate change, the war in Ukraine, conflict in the Middle East, nuclear arms control, counter-terrorism, and cyber regulation" Xi stepping back from his approval and funding of the unprovoked invasion of the Ukriane and both nations pulling back money from the middle east would be very positive steps forward

Last edited:
I think we can drop the Brackets.

Seeing how a small Russian backed component of 1 party can screw over Ukraine should give all US allies pause to consider their own what if.

I have no faith the US will have our back anymore, I know they are still the best option, but if whatever enemy has better bribery skills, we are stuffed.

It will be just fine.
Would you care to elaborate?

trump will likely go the isolationist route, could you tell if you think that is a good thing for the USA?

We saw last time he was in, he alienated his strongest nations / allies.

Do you think this is a good thing?

We can only hope that tRump doesn't get elected.

Obama did an asylum seeker re-location just prior to Trump getting last time and Turnbull wore the Roth, retribution coming inbound !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back