The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor.gif

Klopp made the right decision moving Sturridge on. Should have done it years ago. Hopefully we replace him in the summer.
"Years ago"? 16 months ago Studge had helped get us top 4 and into two Cup finals (incl scoring a brilliant first in the Europa Cup Final), and then followed it up by scoring 4 goals in the first 3 matches of the EFL Cup (he was also scoring a goal every two games for England in their World Cup campaign). Then his body let him down again. Liverpool had been down that road too many times so decided to try and find a new long-term striker, giving Origi more opportunities, and this season loaning him out Origi and playing Solanke instead. Studge is only 27.

You could say similarly that they've decided mid this season that Mignolet is not the long-term option and so Karius will have 6 months to make his case. It appears to be an extension of Klopp's belief that a squad should be settled at the start of the season and stay together (VVD being the exception due to the 'tapping up' allegation), so he looks internally for answers, not externally.

Other clubs are obviously aware of Daniel's injury woes and so with only 18 months of his contract left he got a 6 month loan. Now he's injured again. A right shame as he can be a great player to watch. But I don't see a problem in Liverpool having kept him around. Like Can they have missed an opportunity to make big money from him, but do we really care about that? Excluding the big sugar daddy clubs (City, PSG & Chelsea) LFC are the 6th richest club in the world (£515M Man U... £450M Barca, Real & Bayern... £350M Arsenal... £300M LFC...) and with consistent UCL should swap spots with Arsenal.

"Years ago"? 16 months ago Studge had helped get us top 4 and into two Cup finals (incl scoring a brilliant first in the Europa Cup Final), and then followed it up by scoring 4 goals in the first 3 matches of the EFL Cup (he was also scoring a goal every two games for England in their World Cup campaign). Then his body let him down again. Liverpool had been down that road too many times so decided to try and find a new long-term striker, giving Origi more opportunities, and this season loaning him out Origi and playing Solanke instead. Studge is only 27.

You could say similarly that they've decided mid this season that Mignolet is not the long-term option and so Karius will have 6 months to make his case. It appears to be an extension of Klopp's belief that a squad should be settled at the start of the season and stay together (VVD being the exception due to the 'tapping up' allegation), so he looks internally for answers, not externally.

Other clubs are obviously aware of Daniel's injury woes and so with only 18 months of his contract left he got a 6 month loan. Now he's injured again. A right shame as he can be a great player to watch. But I don't see a problem in Liverpool having kept him around. Like Can they have missed an opportunity to make big money from him, but do we really care about that? Excluding the big sugar daddy clubs (City, PSG & Chelsea) LFC are the 6th richest club in the world (£515M Man U... £450M Barca, Real & Bayern... £350M Arsenal... £300M LFC...) and with consistent UCL should swap spots with Arsenal.
5 goals in 2014/15.
13 in 2015/16 is ok at best but we shipped Benteke and Origi off much earlier for scoring this much.
7 last season.
3 this season.

He's been given plenty of time to prove himself and been paid very well during that period. It's time to let go.

5 goals in 2014/15.
13 in 2015/16 is ok at best but we shipped Benteke and Origi off much earlier for scoring this much.
7 last season.
3 this season.

He's been given plenty of time to prove himself and been paid very well during that period. It's time to let go.
"Time to prove himself"? Sturridge is very obviously proven to be a good footballer. Remember SAS?

The arguments are about his injuries and if he's suited to Klopp. You said the decision should've been made "years ago". Hence my response that he was useful in Klopp's first season, when Klopp himself said he saw what all the fuss was about regarding Studge - and we made two finals. In the next season, he was expected to play in the busy period, having not been given much of a chance beforehand (still scoring braces in the EFL Cup tho), but got injured.

"Time to prove himself"? Sturridge is very obviously proven to be a good footballer. Remember SAS?

The arguments are about his injuries and if he's suited to Klopp. You said the decision should've been made "years ago". Hence my response that he was useful in Klopp's first season, when Klopp himself said he saw what all the fuss was about regarding Studge - and we made two finals. In the next season, he was expected to play in the busy period, having not been given much of a chance beforehand (still scoring braces in the EFL Cup tho), but got injured.
To prove that he's not injury prone and that he should stay. Never doubted his talent.

After 2 years and only 18 goals that's enough for me to think that he should go. He then got 10 goals over the 2 years after that.

Sturridge is like a insanely hot girlfriend who developed a crack habit, you keep sticking with her in the hopes she turns it around but you know you just have to let her go and move on.
I love that classic scenario we all know

Sturridge's best football was 4 years ago. That's a long time. He's unsuited to Klopp's gameplan because he can't/won't press. And of course he gets injured every 5 minutes. I'm sorry about this latest setback cos it means his market value drops even further. He won't be back at LFC.

Thierry Henry produced a brilliant piece of analysis on Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino last night on Sky Sports Monday Night Football.

The Frenchman took time to wax lyrical about our Brazilian forward, telling viewers that he would have loved to play alongside a player of Bobby’s ability.

On Sunday, Firmino scored the opener against Southampton but then produced the assist of the season for Mo Salah’s 29th of the campaign.

The back-heel was completely planned and executed perfectly, as Henry explained.

(You can watch it, here, starting at 19:30)

“Firmino, not for the first time,” the legendary Arsenal forward answered, when asked about which player stood out at St. Mary’s. “The way he plays, the way he works.

“The assist that he had, just everything that he does. That’s why he always plays.

“This is for me the one. I’ve been in that situation sometimes where you flick the ball and it’s a flick like ‘I hope he gets it, I hope it looks good, oh what a flick’.

“No. Everything that he did had a meaning.

“I would have liked to have played with this guy.”

Thierry Henry produced a brilliant piece of analysis on Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino last night on Sky Sports Monday Night Football.

The Frenchman took time to wax lyrical about our Brazilian forward, telling viewers that he would have loved to play alongside a player of Bobby’s ability.

On Sunday, Firmino scored the opener against Southampton but then produced the assist of the season for Mo Salah’s 29th of the campaign.

The back-heel was completely planned and executed perfectly, as Henry explained.

(You can watch it, here, starting at 19:30)

“Firmino, not for the first time,” the legendary Arsenal forward answered, when asked about which player stood out at St. Mary’s. “The way he plays, the way he works.

“The assist that he had, just everything that he does. That’s why he always plays.

“This is for me the one. I’ve been in that situation sometimes where you flick the ball and it’s a flick like ‘I hope he gets it, I hope it looks good, oh what a flick’.

“No. Everything that he did had a meaning.

“I would have liked to have played with this guy.”

Oh my god. At the time I didn't even notice that he flicked it in the air so that it went over the defenders foot.

14927809.jpg

What a player.

Don't muck around tomorrow boys.

Karius
Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robertson
Henderson Milner
Salah Lallana Mane
Firmino

Mignolet Lovren Moreno Wijnaldum Oxlade-Chamberlain Ings Solanke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't muck around tomorrow boys.

Karius
Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robertson
Henderson Milner
Salah Lallana Mane
Firmino

Mignolet Lovren Moreno Wijnaldum Oxlade-Chamberlain Ings Solanke
Gomez is 50/50 for the game still. Probs might make the bench.

When did Tottenhams midfield become so dominant?
They absolutely bossed Juventus away from home.
Did the same to us, Arsenal and United before them.
They conceded 2 goals in the first 10 minutes and Juve sat back and let 2 in because Buffon had a terrible game.

We scored early and sat back against them too and the refs cost us all 3 points.

Too much back patting going on for Spurs I reckon over some draws. Maybe if they were a relegation side draws would be admirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back