Poaching Spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt too many Port Adelaide or Fremantle supporters lament the loss of the cumbersome Trengrove or the positionless Crozier.
Trengove was excellent for many years at Port but you are correct , he had no position or value there and that was evident last year .
Great servant over may years and his early signing when the club was on it's knees definitely held the list together .
Port fans will remember him well .

As for Crozier i am not sure the Bullies was the right place for him to get his stuff together , the stuff has apparently been an issue in the past .
But worth a punt by Bevo and the Dogs to see if they can cut through and get the max out of him , not sure how it will pan out .

Trengove was excellent for many years at Port but you are correct , he had no position or value there and that was evident last year .
Great servant over may years and his early signing when the club was on it's knees definitely held the list together .
Port fans will remember him well .

As for Crozier i am not sure the Bullies was the right place for him to get his stuff together , the stuff has apparently been an issue in the past .
But worth a punt by Bevo and the Dogs to see if they can cut through and get the max out of him , not sure how it will pan out .
What stuff is it that you are assuming Crozier has an issue with?

Mark Neeld's great recruiting drive of 2013...

Shannon Byrnes
Tom Gillies
David Rodan
Chris Dawes
Cam Pedersen

Funnily enough, the Pedersen deal was the most criticised at the time, but ended up being the best of the lot by a long way.

Reminiscing on Wikipedia, we started that season with losses of 80, 150 and 90 points. I still maintain that is the worst non-expansion side I've ever seen.

Richmond have a habit of picking up Port spuds.

Mitch Banner, Matt Thomas, Andrew Moore, Troy Chaplin.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thomas and Moore very true. The only legitimate poach was Chaplin and he did ok. Gave us the aeroplane.
I've never even heard of Mitch Banner :eek:.

Poaching of Vickery was good.

Others that weren't exactly poaching -
Crows took Tambling and Gus Graham off our hands.
Fiora to Saints. They also took Dean Polo after we delisted him
Essendon picked up the delisted Ty Zantuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane Kersten is best mates with Hamling and may have helped him decide to move to Freo, so in my head I rationalise it as a win :p
Hamling is a gun, I wish we'd actually given him a shot.
IIRC Playfair’s career at the Swans was hampered (and eventually cut short) by injury? So maybe more unlucky than a proven spud.
Yeah I think it was a neck injury? He still hadn't shown much and I'm fairly sure he was in his mid 20s at the time
Plus Mitchell White
Plus Brett Spinks
Jason Mooney, Marcus Drum, Mitch Clark, Hamish McIntosh

Brisbane taking Staker was a bit odd, but they didn't call him Crazy Vossy for nothing.

Staker was arguably the best of that weird Voss recruit spree...Raines maybe a bit of a better return for us though. Xavier only got on the field twice from memory...Who else did we get? Fevola? Lols, we all know what happened there.

Geelong broke the gentleman's agreement to let clubs pick up their delisted players in the rookie draft if they'd said they would do so for Cam Delaney with his broken feet ...

For Brisbane:

Elliot Yeo
Sam Docherty
Jared Polec
Jarred Redden
Jack Crisp

Haha but on a serious note;
Patrick Karnezis
James Aish
Josh Schace

Jarmen Impey this year was one for us we were happy to let go. He has been slightly better this year but still makes too many costly mistakes by foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back