Autopsy SUNS V Geelong.

I come in peace guys and offer a few words.

Firstly, bad luck last night, you're still a reasonably young club still finding your feet with a fairly young and inexperienced team.

I was one who called for your demise and was quite hopeful it would happen. I was disgusted with the way the AFL went about ensuring Ablett left Geelong and it left me quite bitter as a result ... too which I took it out on Gold Coast as a club. In hindsight I guess the AFL ensuring they had as many marquee players as possible was paramount to the success of Gold Coast as a club and Ablett was the best player in the game at the time so it made sense they targeted him.

After being at the game and seeing the disappointment on the faces of supporters, and particularly kids, some even discussing whether to attend again, I was quite heartfelt and saddened. I hope you blokes recover and become a strong club down the track. These Kids obviously enjoy the sport and it's important they're given the best opportunity to enjoy life which includes seeing your club win games of football.

I will depart by saying chin up guys, especially the ones who are becoming a little disinterested with the performance levels of the side, and stay true, the worm will eventually turn. You have a lot of talented young kids who need game time together to take that next step. I too was a kid once, and supporter of a club in which I never thought would taste success or become a decent enough side. Your time will come ... I hope.

Good luck guys.

After being at the game and seeing the disappointment on the faces of supporters, and particularly kids, some even discussing whether to attend again, I was quite heartfelt and saddened. I hope you blokes recover and become a strong club down the track. These Kids obviously enjoy the sport and it's important they're given the best opportunity to enjoy life which includes seeing your club win games of football.
Thanks-and I'm glad you could see what people don't understand from 2000km away
The saddest part was seeing my two boys- one who's 11 and one who's 8 who have literally been to every single Suns home match in our existence -give or take a school holiday or 2 since we started as a Club say they didn't want to go anymore on the way home
If you check out the Foundation Members Poster at the ground you'll see them as 9 month old and a 4 yo up there
They have seen it all and kept coming back hoping the players and the team would show them something to be proud of
The eldest is an elite(so I'm told- I just see the worst bits!) junior soccer player, but also a decent Australian Rules player for his school- but no doubt will devote more of his attention to a hopefully resurgent GC United and the Socceroos at the World Cup
Once their disappointment subsides they'll go back to Metricon but you could see how bad that was for them last night

Thanks-and I'm glad you could see what people don't understand from 2000km away
The saddest part was seeing my two boys- one who's 11 and one who's 8 who have literally been to every single Suns home match in our existence -give or take a school holiday or 2 since we started as a Club say they didn't want to go anymore on the way home
If you check out the Foundation Members Poster at the ground you'll see them as 9 month old and a 4 yo up there
They have seen it all and kept coming back hoping the players and the team would show them something to be proud of
The eldest is an elite(so I'm told- I just see the worst bits!) junior soccer player, but also a decent Australian Rules player for his school- but no doubt will devote more of his attention to a hopefully resurgent GC United and the Socceroos at the World Cup
Once their disappointment subsides they'll go back to Metricon but you could see how bad that was for them last night
It was an eye opener that's for sure. I was surprised at the high number of children at the game and was disappointed for them. It changed my thoughts completely. It was a reasonable crowd which shows how quickly the game is growing up in this region. The last time I lived here was in 2012 and interest was a shadow of what it appears now. I've only recently moved back to Tweed Heads.

Your club has done well in trying to pique the interests of the younger generation with entertainment, etc, and was blown away just how far you've come.

Don't throw it away after a few disappointing losses. Stand tall and prove the doubters wrong. Keep turning up to games and show your support. Keep showing the players and the club they have your full support and they'll improve as a result.

I'm a staunch Geelong supporter who threw my hat into the Bulldogs ring a few years ago by buying a membership to help them out as a club, I just might buy a Suns one too next season.

I come in peace guys and offer a few words.

Firstly, bad luck last night, you're still a reasonably young club still finding your feet with a fairly young and inexperienced team.

I was one who called for your demise and was quite hopeful it would happen. I was disgusted with the way the AFL went about ensuring Ablett left Geelong and it left me quite bitter as a result ... too which I took it out on Gold Coast as a club. In hindsight I guess the AFL ensuring they had as many marquee players as possible was paramount to the success of Gold Coast as a club and Ablett was the best player in the game at the time so it made sense they targeted him.

I will depart by saying chin up guys, especially the ones who are becoming a little disinterested with the performance levels of the side, and stay true, the worm will eventually turn. You have a lot of talented young kids who need game time together to take that next step. I too was a kid once, and supporter of a club in which I never thought would taste success or become a decent enough side. Your time will come ... I hope.

Good luck guys.

If you have recently moved up here or live up here we’d love you to keep coming and maybe have us as your number two, you can at least use us as an outlet to hate on your traditional clubs.
That’s if you are a new resident, if you made the trip from elsewhere then thanks for the kind words and contribution to the economy.

It was an eye opener that's for sure. I was surprised at the high number of children at the game and was disappointed for them. It changed my thoughts completely. It was a reasonable crowd which shows how quickly the game is growing up in this region. The last time I lived here was in 2012 and interest was a shadow of what it appears now. I've only recently moved back to Tweed Heads.

Your club has done well in trying to pique the interests of the younger generation with entertainment, etc, and was blown away just how far you've come.

Don't throw it away after a few disappointing losses. Stand tall and prove the doubters wrong. Keep turning up to games and show your support. Keep showing the players and the club they have your full support and they'll improve as a result.

I'm a staunch Geelong supporter who threw my hat into the Bulldogs ring a few years ago by buying a membership to help them out as a club, I just might buy a Suns one too next season.

Unreal if you do, we might end up being mates. Good times.

If you have recently moved up here or live up here we’d love you to keep coming and maybe have us as your number two, you can at least use us as an outlet to hate on your traditional clubs.
That’s if you are a new resident, if you made the trip from elsewhere then thanks for the kind words and contribution to the economy.
I'll give you a little run-down.

2004 - Moved to the Gold Coast

2008 - Moved back to Geelong

2010 - Moved to Tweed Heads

2012 - Moved back to Geelong

2018 - Moved back to Tweed Heads again.

Unreal if you do, we might end up being mates. Good times.
Can you at least buy me a drink first?

What Metricon does need is better service and more bars. I spent 20 minutes in line in the 2nd quarter waiting to be served. I only had 3 light beers anyway because I was driving but sometimes I prefer to get a little carried away at the footy. :D

What Metricon does need is better service and more bars. I spent 20 minutes in line in the 2nd quarter waiting to be served. I only had 3 light beers anyway because I was driving but sometimes I prefer to get a little carried away at the footy. :D
The catering gets a bit overwhelmed past 14,000 patrons I find

The catering gets a bit overwhelmed past 14,000 patrons I find
It's actually a nice ground. I prefer to stand at the footy if I can help it and there was plenty of space under the big scoreboard. I made my way down the other end in the last quarter and the view was superb.

Yeah yeah happy to. Buying a beer can be pretty crap. Even at the members bar it takes up most of halftime walking over there and then lining up to get a beer.
The system is inefficient and the staff don’t get enough practice at improvement.
I pretty much don’t bother anymore but yeah i would buy a beer for you pre-game for sure.

By the way I work down in the Tweed and am from there. I Live on the GC now but Southern End, so good.

Great to see you back here. Interesting how you yo-yo between the Tweed and Geelong.

Yeah yeah happy to. Buying a beer can be pretty crap. Even at the members bar it takes up most of halftime walking over there and then lining up to get a beer.
The system is inefficient and the staff don’t get enough practice at improvement.
I pretty much don’t bother anymore but yeah i would buy a beer for you pre-game for sure.

By the way I work down in the Tweed and am from there. I Live on the GC now but Southern End, so good.

Great to see you back here. Interesting how you yo-yo between the Tweed and Geelong.
Where abouts in Tweed if you don't mind? Otherwise I'll send you a PM.

My family live in Geelong. The Wife's family live in Tweed.

Yeah I don’t mind. I Work in Banora Point and live in Currumbin, been here for years now, as a young fella I lived in Kingscliff and then Banora Point.
I lived in Kildare drive Banora Point for about a year in 2011.

Hey guys, and I know I'm getting off topic, but can anyone tell me what radio station broadcasts the AFL up here?

Triple M, NIRS and ABC cover most of the local games and a sporadic selection of the others.

You are better off using the AFL app which lets you access every radio station stream nationwide.

SEN on the AFL app was 15 seconds behind. Went back to Sports Ears Triple M.
Triple M, NIRS and ABC cover most of the local games and a sporadic selection of the others.

You are better off using the AFL app which lets you access every radio station stream nationwide.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SEN on the AFL app was 15 seconds behind. Went back to Sports Ears Triple M.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I love the Sports Ear great having the option to listen to the tv broadcast in one ear and the umpires mic in the other

We've had many many many years of bad defeats and getting whacked and having to put up with MMM( Miserable Melbourne Media )
Always bounce back.
Always next week
But somehow the weekend was different for me after 9 years
Maybe it's like relationships where you endure and endure and endure and then one morning you wake up and say
No more

We've had many many many years of bad defeats and getting whacked and having to put up with MMM( Miserable Melbourne Media )
Always bounce back.
Always next week
But somehow the weekend was different for me after 9 years
Maybe it's like relationships where you endure and endure and endure and then one morning you wake up and say
No more
Round 2 last year against GWS was that moment for me, but here I am still suffering 15 months later.
The AFL can’t sit back and not assist us. Maybe we can get that extra leg up that GWS were gifted with at the start.

So many of those 11000 that were there to support the Suns last night saw a game that lasted one quarter and then watched a dreary humiliation of our fine Community. A lot of them probably aren’t at all motivated to return anytime soon.

The area I was standing there was a group of about 10 first timers said they won’t be returning

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The area I was standing there was a group of about 10 first timers said they won’t be returning

The frustrating part for me is that there is genuine interest in the Suns up there. I'd love to see the crowds should we get our on field act together.

The frustrating part for me is that there is genuine interest in the Suns up there. I'd love to see the crowds should we get our on field act together.

Totally agree there’s people I know and have read plenty that would go but won’t because of games like in the weekend which is sad

Back