Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

So 20% of the audience listens to ABC stations. Perhaps it is time for the Govt to force ABC radio to start advertising and pull back some of the 1 billion dollars the tax payer spends on them each year.
remember the abc is supposed to be non-commercial. i'd rather more money to the abc personally.

I listen to other sports stations as well, 1278 Macquarie Sports Radio (Sport all the time), and RSN. Their hosts arent high profile, or as high profile, but they are quite polished. For example Harf and Adam White on RSN breakfast. Its effortless, seamless. Whereas when I listen to say watson-lyon i find myself exerting effort to listen. I think Harf was a big loss for SEN.

I agree Harf and Adam White are good - i reckon White one of the best. 927 morning show is pretty good.

remember the abc is supposed to be non-commercial. i'd rather more money to the abc personally.

It’s supposed to be fair and balanced as well, which it isn’t.

I don’t think the ABC needs more funding, see their royal wedding coverage. They’ve just sent a team over to cover the royal wedding (a wedding that was already being covered by the other publically funded broadcaster, as well as two commercial networks) even though the taxpayer is already funding a London bureau for the ABC. If they are so strapped for cash, why wouldn’t they use staff from the London Bureau? Why spend all that money sending a team over if you are underfunded?

If the ABC is going to compete with the commercial networks, then it’s a reasonable suggestion that they act like one and sell advertising space to fund itself, rather than having the taxpayer foot the bill. They could learn a thing or two from Craig Hutchinson’s model.

Flicked over to SEN this morning hoping to get some footy news in time for the weekend, instead I got afl shill Daisy Pierce talking about some trans's hormone replacement or whatever..

That's it, I'm done, you've lost a long time listener for good now... GAGF

Another thing with Lyon and Watson, ok we know they’re not good at other sports and only really comfortable with AFL. But last week they were talking about trades and I think it was Marc Murphy. And then Lyon mentioned possible compensation picks but wasn’t sure about how it all worked and asked Watson, who simply said “I don’t know”.

Now ok bad enough that it’s the only sport you know, but they aren’t even across things like list rules. Wouldn’t they have discussed this in pre meetings? And done their research then? Schwartz and Allen had no clue on this stuff either.

All these guys would joke about how draft points worked to determine academy picks. In the US the show would ensure their ‘experts’ would be up to speed with this. Here they have no idea and don’t even try to understand. Pathetic.

RSN guys seem far more knowledgeable.

Flicked over to SEN this morning hoping to get some footy news in time for the weekend, instead I got afl shill Daisy Pierce talking about some ******'s hormone replacement or whatever..

LoL
Fair enough too.

Flicked over to SEN this morning hoping to get some footy news in time for the weekend, instead I got afl shill Daisy Pierce talking about some ******'s hormone replacement or whatever..

Because you just want men talking about the issues relevant to the men's AFL, am I right? Just a constant stream of Gazza and Wispy arguing over who is better out of Grundy and Gawny?

Thats the exact reason i don't listen to it in the mornings. I listen at work in the evenings and Bartlett Turf Maclure and Terry Wallace are all excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thing with Lyon and Watson, ok we know they’re not good at other sports and only really comfortable with AFL. But last week they were talking about trades and I think it was Marc Murphy. And then Lyon mentioned possible compensation picks but wasn’t sure about how it all worked and asked Watson, who simply said “I don’t know”.

Now ok bad enough that it’s the only sport you know, but they aren’t even across things like list rules. Wouldn’t they have discussed this in pre meetings? And done their research then? Schwartz and Allen had no clue on this stuff either.

All these guys would joke about how draft points worked to determine academy picks. In the US the show would ensure their ‘experts’ would be up to speed with this. Here they have no idea and don’t even try to understand. Pathetic.

RSN guys seem far more knowledgeable.

I'm just a podcast listener but I do think they try pretty hard to talk about other sports and particularly the ones people are interested in - NBA, bit of golf, bit of NRL, they get people on to talk soccer etc. What do you expect they're former AFL players? I will agree with you that maybe they should know the compensation thing but then again does anyone know what the corrupt AFL come up with for that stuff, it's a bullshit 'system' they have.

The appeal of Lyon and Watson has me stumped. What is it?

Excellent knowledge?
Entertaining?
Well spoken?
Interesting?

I can't find the selling point of the show.

I'm just a podcast listener but I do think they try pretty hard to talk about other sports and particularly the ones people are interested in - NBA, bit of golf, bit of NRL, they get people on to talk soccer etc. What do you expect they're former AFL players? I will agree with you that maybe they should know the compensation thing but then again does anyone know what the corrupt AFL come up with for that stuff, it's a bullshit 'system' they have.
I was having a couple of beers with a former AFL Captain last night who is still involved with his club fulltime and he has no idea how it works , so Wato and Gaz would have no idea as well. Then we have these media flogs like Slobbo, Ralph and now Morris who reckon they know everything.

I was having a couple of beers with a former AFL Captain last night who is still involved with his club fulltime and he has no idea how it works , so Wato and Gaz would have no idea as well. Then we have these media flogs like Slobbo, Ralph and now Morris who reckon they know everything.

Only list managers and those purporting to be experts in footy who make a living out of commenting on footy every day should know...

To employ more self serving public servants who are not accountable to anyone. The ABC should be there to serve the rural areas of Australia, and Radio Australia. The rest of it should be sold off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back