80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Nah, 15. I had a day out with my short game and just stayed out of trouble off the tee. I'm more likely to shoot 90 plus. Haha. I did play to 10 a few years ago before my lower back problems began and affect me now. I always walk when i play,but yesterday i shared a cart. Maybe that helped!!

Great news!

It's funny, when we get off the tee, avoid trouble, manage the course, chip and putt well we score well.

Sensational scoring

Have kicked the ice off Eynesbury a few times.

Did you carry the water off 18 off the tee?
No. Playing off the blues means for me the smart play is 3 wood short of it. The only times i have tried is with wind assistance. Once in summer a few years back i nailed one 275m on that hole wind assisted. But TBH I only hit my driver about 200-210m on average and i would have to hit it over the right side for the shortest carry. No guarantee i would do that as i could just as easily stuff up my drive by trying too hard or whatever, so I'm happy to take bogey on that hole.

No. Playing off the blues means for me the smart play is 3 wood short of it. The only times i have tried is with wind assistance. Once in summer a few years back i nailed one 275m on that hole wind assisted. But TBH I only hit my driver about 200-210m on average and i would have to hit it over the right side for the shortest carry. No guarantee i would do that as i could just as easily stuff up my drive by trying too hard or whatever, so I'm happy to take bogey on that hole.

was the course in good nick?

Last time i was there the greens were a bit ruff

Great news!

It's funny, when we get off the tee, avoid trouble, manage the course, chip and putt well we score well.
70% of my practice time is chipping and putting whilst playing 9 holes. None of this driving range stuff. Much more enjoyable as well.

Quite frankly those greens haven't been too good for a few years and i wish people would repair their pitch marks FFS. The fairways nice and tight as always.

People, some, dont know how to repair a pitch mark. shitty isnt it

Played Lang Lang Tuesday. Some tricky greens -8 in par, shocking start to my week off with 2 crap ones in a row. Saved some face today with 36 at Patterson River. Really enjoyed the course.

Lang Lang is a hidden gem

Has improved significantly over past 7 years.

33 points on Wednesday. Winner had 39. Cold, windy and tight lies is not what we’re used to in Toowoomba. I’m slowly adjusting after learning from disastrous round at Tenterfield where I shot 97/84.
I didn’t play Tuesday but the winner shot only one under handicap with a 69 net.

Back at it for Little AC this weekend. US Kids event Sunday, Drive/Chip/Putt local qualifier on Monday and then they are holding a junior tourney after.

I am playing on Tuesday...it could be REAL ugly fella's. ;)

We waited for the melbourne rain and wind to pass at Peninsula-Kingswood GC. Had to warm up at the simulator. That was heaps of fun!! Putting is practically impossible on a simulator though.

Anyway, got out onto the SOuth course and you ever had a day where you felt you've played well but didnt score well? Me. A paltry 10 points on the front 9, but hit more good shots then not. Where did it go wrong? Basically 3 putting. It will take time to get used to the greens which were slick. Now i thought to myself Im using to fast hard greens at The National, but this was different. I asked the pro why I was lipping out all the time. He mentioned that the cup and the Pure DIstinction grass has an impact. GOD DAMN IT WHY IS GOLF SO HARD!

Anyway, finished with mid 20s with 4 wipes. Handicap is slowly going back out :mad:

Have had no interest in playing golf the past month or so. I knew I needed a break after that last week of club champs, not because I lost but because the whole day I could not care less about how I was going. Golf had become somewhat of a chore.

Going to tee back up later today though and see if the flame is still there. Not really excited to play, but need to try and stay active somehow haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little AC had himself a good couple days.

Did not have his A, B or C game for US Kids event yesterday but benefitted from players who normally play being absent. Birdie on 8 and Par on 9 good enough to squeak out the W.

Completely different day today--easily qualified at the local qualifier for 2019 Drive, Chip, Putt. Finished first in boys 10/11. Advances to sub regional in August.

Played in a Pups Tour Event put on by Northern Ohio PGA afterwards at same venue. Won his age group by 6 strokes. Tourney had 10 players and some who also play in US Kids events. He just did a great job staying out of trouble--rough was US Open tough and wet from heavy overnight rain.

But by far the most entertaining thing was he got pulled aside by sports writer and interviewed. I nearly died laughing. His answers were like he was a pro who talks to reporters all the time. It was hilarious.

I said where did you learn to give interviews?

Kid says "Oh Dad, I watch golf channel, I know what to say".

I will post link if article goes online so you can all have a good laugh too.

Here it is, just about the D/C/P ;)

Alex Eckstein, a fifth-grader at Holy Family, won the boys 10-11 division while Katie Pregibon, a fifth-grader at St. Charles School was the girl’s 10-11 champion.

Eckstein’s 109 points — he was tops with 65 points in putting, second in the drive with 18 points and finished third in the chip with 26 points — was 22 points better than runner-up Angelo Rinaldi of Poland and 28 points ahead of third-place qualifier Braeden Sallee of Youngstown.

“My goal was to place every putt as close as possible to the cup,” Eckstein said. “I wanted to be consistent and with my 30 foot attempt, I was just trying to get it on the grid.”

Played like s**t again, whats new? A paltry 9 points on the front, I think 14 on the back at Peninsula-Kingswood GC (Pen South course). Reckon i hit every shot off the tee, drop kicks, topping the ball. FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Putting again diabolical as i strive to get used to the greens.

i hate golf.

Played like s**t again, whats new? A paltry 9 points on the front, I think 14 on the back at Peninsula-Kingswood GC (Pen South course). Reckon i hit every shot off the tee, drop kicks, topping the ball. FUUUUUUUUUUUU

i hate golf.
Ouch. Can be a prick of a game

i hate golf.

Don't worry, my first drive off #1 at Kennsington Golf Course went into someone's back yard. Incredibly, the round got worse from there. I should be of great benefit to Alex at Pinehurst during the Father/Son event, so long as I don't swing a club.

Played RQ on Friday. Lovely golf experience and lovely facilities. Top notch stuff.

Went around in 84. Irons horrible but everything else ok. Only difficult thing was figuring out where to miss and where to land when approaching the green. Reckon half a dozen rounds and I could figure the course out a bit better.

Played RQ on Friday. Lovely golf experience and lovely facilities. Top notch stuff.

Went around in 84. Irons horrible but everything else ok. Only difficult thing was figuring out where to miss and where to land when approaching the green. Reckon half a dozen rounds and I could figure the course out a bit better.

Royal QLD? Cool!!! I got reciprocals there, must use it.

Played in the worst conditions known to man today at The National. Old course. Started in the rain, finished in the drenching rain. Saw sheets of rain plus wind cause what looked like a mini wave across the fairway. Hail a few times. Yes hail.

Putted well, home course, a stark difference to Peninsula-Kingswood.

I played ok, despite 12 points to the 8th. We called it a day then.

Fav shot was 118m par 3 7th. onshore gale meaning i had to aim towards new zealand or somewhere that way, left to right. wind brought it back nicely to 15m from the pin. 2 putt par.

I play at a fairly blue collar club so going to RQ was a nice experience. The practice facilities are incredible. Flood lit driving range. Flood lit wedge range where you can practice full wedges (I think there are two or three big greens), pitches and bunkers. A second range where you can take you own balls. A great putting green. Full trackman bays which legit have all the tech you can imagine.

Played in the worst conditions known to man today at The National. Old course. Started in the rain, finished in the drenching rain. Saw sheets of rain plus wind cause what looked like a mini wave across the fairway. Hail a few times. Yes hail.

Putted well, home course, a stark difference to Peninsula-Kingswood.

I played ok, despite 12 points to the 8th. We called it a day then.

Fav shot was 118m par 3 7th. onshore gale meaning i had to aim towards new zealand or somewhere that way, left to right. wind brought it back nicely to 15m from the pin. 2 putt par.

second fav shot was an uphill chip....me set the scene.

ball nestled ok on a planteau some 20m from the green. standing behind the ball theres a bunker, deep, some 1.8m. so cant stand in the bunker to play a forehand. so had to play left handed and flip the club so that the toe faces the ground. held breath and swung through, ball up onto the green.

Is that the course you can see on your left from the Gateway Bridge?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back