Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously what a complete over reaction I have been to plenty of Team Building camps/exercises over the years, some really good some really bad. If some of the Crows player didn’t enjoy the experience then its their right to be able to speak about it to the club about it. The club can choose to listen or not listen, don’t know why this has to turn into a trial by media is getting ridiculous.

Seriously what a complete over reaction I have been to plenty of Team Building camps/exercises over the years, some really good some really bad. If some of the Crows player didn’t enjoy the experience then its their right to be able to speak about it to the club about it. The club can choose to listen or not listen, don’t know why this has to turn into a trial by media is getting ridiculous.

Well said

Lol. Betts lost form late last year which was clearly before the camp. Love all these armchair quarterbacks pretending that they even knew what happened on the camp and potential effects etc. so many ‘experts’ on bigfooty with the mandatory Port trolls looking for any excuse to rip the Crows. In the meantime we’ll just keep smashing Port by 83 points....and beating top 8 teams.
Wow....this comment was always going to come back to haunt you...

Sure but this just won't go away. Smoke means fire.

Maybe. But why would you call a press conference about it and say sweet FA?

Amateur hour at the Crows. They just stoked the fire they desperately wanted to put out. Takes some doing.

Maybe. But why would you call a press conference about it and say sweet FA?

Amateur hour at the Crows. They just stoked the fire they desperately wanted to put out. Takes some doing.

It was fantastic, calling a press conference to say nothing untoward happened on the camp, nek minute say there were issues from the camp but they’ve been sorted.

Then also admit the club wasn’t comfortable with where the Collective Mind program was heading.

Sure sounds like there was nothing wrong with it.....

It was like a John Clarke & Bryan Dawe sketch. Hilarious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To Crows supporters, is Burton out of his depth? What's he like in his position and should he step down?

I think there's plenty of posts on the boards to show that there is a large number of supporters that think he has cooked the team this year, as evidenced by the insane soft-tissue injury list. His performance at Brisbane who also suffered a run of similar injuries in Burton's last season there is cited as further evidence of his lack of suitability for his role. Lastly, his performance in the infamous press conference on the weekend was diabolical; arrogant, evasive and embarrassing for the club.

Yes.

In Caro's article she refers to the "Mankind Project". https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...r-the-crows-cultish-camp-20180406-p4z84b.html
I did some googling and I'm now starting to join the dots a little better.
Have a read of this article about a guy's experience with the Mankind Project in the UK: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ns-weird-weekend-naked-woodland-warriors.html
After reading that, and Caro saying they did an 'abridged version of the Mankind workshop', then reports of players and coaches saying the camp was "confronting" and "uncomfortable" and "caused issues with their families"... it all makes perfect sense now.

I think there's plenty of posts on the boards to show that there is a large number of supporters that think he has cooked the team this year, as evidenced by the insane soft-tissue injury list. His performance at Brisbane who also suffered a run of similar injuries in Burton's last season there is cited as further evidence of his lack of suitability for his role. Lastly, his performance in the infamous press conference on the weekend was diabolical; arrogant, evasive and embarrassing for the club.

Yes.
Cheers for the response. Hopefully someone is already canvassing the country to replace him.

Yes.
Let's just clear 1 thing up. Burton isn't head of fitness. He is head of football. Matt Hass implements the fitness programs. Yes Burton is ultimatey responsible but Hass designed the program. Also if you believe the reports Pyke went in preseason with a special "leg" session he wanted implemented.

You are drawing a long bow from his role in Brisbane to his role here. It' chalk and cheese

To Crows supporters, is Burton out of his depth? What's he like in his position and should he step down?
Yes, Burton is horribly out of his depth as doesn't have the ability to be a senior manager.

Doubt he will step down, but needs to be removed from his current role as singlehandedly destroyed a good list that should be challenging for a flag.

Let's just clear 1 thing up. Burton isn't head of fitness. He is head of football. Matt Hass implements the fitness programs. Yes Burton is ultimatey responsible but Hass designed the program. Also if you believe the reports Pyke went in preseason with a special "leg" session he wanted implemented.

You are drawing a long bow from his role in Brisbane to his role here. It' chalk and cheese
Hass is just implementing Burton's program, so not a long bow at all.

Respectfully, I think it's more like cheddar and tasty.

So they buggered up in the grand final. It's an isolated incident of a team failing to show up in a game. The issue is that there is no game in the following week for redemption. The fact they needed to have one of these 'camps' for a poor performance is quite astonishing. Fair enough if they were not unified for the year, but they were a complete unit until it counted. Just ridiculous that they resorted to this after the GF and completely ruined their 2018 season and soured relationships between the club and some players

Last edited:
In Caro's article she refers to the "Mankind Project". https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...r-the-crows-cultish-camp-20180406-p4z84b.html
I did some googling and I'm now starting to join the dots a little better.
Have a read of this article about a guy's experience with the Mankind Project in the UK: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ns-weird-weekend-naked-woodland-warriors.html
After reading that, and Caro saying they did an 'abridged version of the Mankind workshop', then reports of players and coaches saying the camp was "confronting" and "uncomfortable" and "caused issues with their families"... it all makes perfect sense now.
Thanks for the link. Explains a lot for me. Including they may have signed a bundle of non disclosure agreements!

So they buggered up in the grand final. It's an isolated incident of a team failing to show up in a game. The issue is that there is no game in the following week for redemption. The fact they needed to have one of these 'camps' for a poor performance is quite astonishing. Fair enough if they were not unified for the year, but they were a complete unit until it counted. Just ridiculous that they resorted to this after the GF and completely ruined their 2018 season and soured relationships between the club and some players
It’s also, you know, football. Sure it’s involving $200,000 salaries and then some and all this attention but fundamentally no one was hurt by this loss - probably some dickhead drinking himself stupid after it, but I’d say more Richmond fans had issues than Crows ones.

That’s my issue with this sort of coach: this self-styled alpha male who is a dangerous combination of arrogance and attitude. You see it with guys like James Hird too, and Goodwin at Melbourne and Pyke (who was a little squib as a player, by the way) who take this s**t to the extreme. You lack any sort of self-awareness or ability to think outside footy as it’s all you’ve known and the only thing you’ve been told you’re good at.

Any person with a shred of intelligence would go ‘what the * is this wanky new age, culty s**t?’ or even a bogan on a list would say ‘that sounds pretty gay!’ Ultimately this is just football. Why would you do anything like this? Make people cry and come up with weird hypotheticals about people dying or how you’d react to this or that...

*in idiots.

You’re gonna get a better reaction to a loss if you pretend you’re the Kalgoorlie Cats and take off to Kosa Nui for two weeks drinking Thai buckets. Literally. You’ll get more bonding out drinking and holidaying than almost anything else: laughing, working out how to tell someone it’s their round and they’re a tight arse, trying to get back home pissed... I’m not joking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back