RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine being a Richmond supporter and complaining about umpiring decisions :drunk:
I know right?
Can you just imagine how boring Richmond games would be, how much more Richmond would win by every week if the umpires applied the same rules to the Tigers that they do for the opposition?

Serious question, if Geelong's season was on the line, why didn't they give it their best shot?
You must be pissed off that your team didn't give it their best shot on such an important night.
Of course they gave it there best shot, but isn’t that different to what he is saying? he is saying there is no way we could win next time we played you, which smacks of arrogance

For the record, I think your original comment was a fair comment. If we're not here for some reasonable debate, then what are we here for? Now, I don't agree with it, but it's an interesting debate. You're on the wrong forum for one of those.

I think you're over-rating some of those dynasties. Geelong were soft and mentally weak under-achievers, and Bomber was on the verge of bursting into tears all the time - until it all changed and they weren't any more. A great team for sure, with some superstars, but only in hindsight. Time may reflect on some of our guys similarly (Astbury and Grimes in particular are woefully underrated).
Hawthorn we're good, not great. They made stealing premierships an artform, and what an amazing skill, but were they ever the best team over a season really? Swans were less skilled and way more dour than Richmond. It's still beyond my comprehension that people decry the game today - where were they 10 years ago when the Swans made the who game one massive throw in? FWIW I think there's only been one true, obvious at the time super team, the Brissy team were always going to be epic.
My point is, of course Richmond, right now don't compare. Memories tend to be rose tinted, and we haven't achieved what those teams did. Maybe some day we'll have 8 or 9 guys who are considered legends, and a team with a few premierships remembered as on of the great teams. Or not, too early to tell.
Sorry "soft and mentally weak underachievers" reflects poorly on you as a poster.

The 2009 GF is one of the hardest brutal grand finals of the modern era.

Soft is such a dreadful lazy and ill informed comment

“They have won 19 in a row at the MCG, so they are good,” Scott said.

“But particularly, I watched the game last week and I thought Collingwood were on top for big parts of the game.

“When you talk about juggernauts of the competition of years gone by, you are just never in the game against them, but I don’t see that (this year).

Just interesting...

Firstly, the comment of being ‘good’ seems to undervalue Richmond’s achievements in the past 18 months. Now hey, if you’re a member of BigFooty, that’s a pretty expexted response, but by a coach of an AFL club? It generally felt like he ate too many Pringles, and they were very salty.

Then he proceeds to talk about dynasties and juggernauts of the competition and flatly says Richmond are NOT one when he wasn’t even asked this as a question.

Has there ever been a time like this where an opposition coach showed the opposition little respect post match? I’m used to the standard cliche answers, but man I find Scott’s press conferences utterly fascinating and I kind of commend him for being honest even if it doesn’t suit the narrative I want it to suit.

Now keep in mind, there’s more to what Scott said, it was also his body language, his temperament that was gripping too, watch the presser if you can.

fresh from preschool is how I would describe his press conference. Was sooking like a spoilt brat who had been denied a lollipop. Your coach and side are pathetic and a farcry from the former glory days. Time to move on son
He must hate losing to the Tigers. I think he is in bitter denial about the two teams as they are now and not as they used to be.

Instead of dominating the top 4 and imposing another decade of dominance over Richmond his mob is struggling. His highly decorated midfield trinity might be on holiday in September.

Cats blew it last night. Best chance to beat us all year with Prestia, Broad, Butler, Graham, Houli and Conca missing (that’s a quarter of our senior team out).
Umps were a farce again last night. Better luck next time Cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crying? Ahhhh right. You realise we won right?
I'm just saying what I think, you just don't seem to be able to handle it.

A lot of projecting going on from you. Seems like you're trying to make yourself feel better by telling yourself it wasn't your best shot. It was tho. Sorry.
my crying comment was in response to you saying i was crying....

i just believe it to be arrogant to say geelong fired best shot (which is debatable with players not playing well and players out) and that last night was geelongs only chance to beat tigers... but i’m not picking an arguement, of course tigers were too good last night, but why does that mean we couldn’t beat you if we got within 3 points

He does it every week always backhands the opposition. He’s just a w***er like he goes on about wanting to play Richmond again and that they didn’t play there best yet nothing about the tigers also not playing their best with 3 of the midfield out and houli + butler

This game was the game we needed. I thought going into the game we were due a loss and for all intents and purpose we did. It wasn't exactly the StKilda game of '17 but it will have the same effect. Opportunity to address a couple of issues, refocus our primary intent and reset over the next three weeks prior to another run at a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7ab52286a7e6591a0164201ce76c4e0d.png

And the frees were 12 to 4 cats way at one stage. He should thank the umps. It was the only think keeping them in it.

Cats blew it last night. Best chance to beat us all year with Prestia, Broad, Butler, Graham, Houli and Conca missing (that’s a quarter of our senior team out).

Everything was in your favour last night and you scraped in. The weather made the game perfect for your side and then Geelongs outs only helped you further.

Of course they gave it there best shot, but isn’t that different to what he is saying? he is saying there is no way we could win next time we played you, which smacks of arrogance

Just like Geelong fans after the first loss this year:
"We will beat them next time". "They were lucky." ""We are better than them." Etc.

Goes both ways.

The difference last night in my opinion was Richmonds tackling is just simply better. Too many tines tigers broke flimsy Geelong tackles.
We shant be troubling top teams without improving that aspect.

“They have won 19 in a row at the MCG, so they are good,” Scott said.

“But particularly, I watched the game last week and I thought Collingwood were on top for big parts of the game.

“When you talk about juggernauts of the competition of years gone by, you are just never in the game against them, but I don’t see that (this year).

Just interesting...

Firstly, the comment of being ‘good’ seems to undervalue Richmond’s achievements in the past 18 months. Now hey, if you’re a member of BigFooty, that’s a pretty expexted response, but by a coach of an AFL club? It generally felt like he ate too many Pringles, and they were very salty.

Then he proceeds to talk about dynasties and juggernauts of the competition and flatly says Richmond are NOT one when he wasn’t even asked this as a question.

Has there ever been a time like this where an opposition coach showed the opposition little respect post match? I’m used to the standard cliche answers, but man I find Scott’s press conferences utterly fascinating and I kind of commend him for being honest even if it doesn’t suit the narrative I want it to suit.

Now keep in mind, there’s more to what Scott said, it was also his body language, his temperament that was gripping too, watch the presser if you can.
So in essence an opposition coach said you're a good team but not unbeatable?

Suck it up.

Everything was in your favour last night and you scraped in. The weather made the game perfect for your side and then Geelongs outs only helped you further.

Lol. A wet weather, scrappy game missing pur most important 2 way running mid in Prestia and our number 1 pressure player i Graham. But yes. It TOTALLY suited us...

How fragile is your ego? Is being the best team in the competition not enough?
Expecting unabated praise from the oppo coach. Insecure much.
Seriously it’s now the 3rd time I’ve told you this Stevi_Tigers

You tend to get less frees when you don't have the ball.

So, we were up by 38 possessions and 14 in contested in the first half and had under half the frees Geelong had. Cafe to explain? First to the ball, right...

So in essence an opposition coach said you're a good team but not unbeatable?

Suck it up.
I don’t think you really read my response there champ. And I usually like what you’ve got to say.

I find his pressers fascinating and I complimented him for his honestly. But ultimately I’m kinda mixed because he does sound like a sore loser too. But that’s part the parcel of his honesty which is a positive for mine. Thoughts the comments were very interesting.

Could have easily gone down the ‘Richmond’s an excellent team, we’re closing the gap, they’ll be beaten eventually’

But he went off on a small rant about Richmond rather than focusing on Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back