RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course they gave it there best shot, but isn’t that different to what he is saying? he is saying there is no way we could win next time we played you, which smacks of arrogance
Don't you remember the week leading up to the first final last year between our two sides? Your lot were all saying anytime anywhere Richmond after the draw revealed the game would be played at the MCG. So incredibly certain you could not lose to a team you'd dominated for a decade no matter where you played them it was farcical the reaction immediately after the loss. Incredible arrogance and petulance. You are on the receiving end of what yout mob dished out for A DECADE.

“They have won 19 in a row at the MCG, so they are good,” Scott said.

“But particularly, I watched the game last week and I thought Collingwood were on top for big parts of the game.

“When you talk about juggernauts of the competition of years gone by, you are just never in the game against them, but I don’t see that (this year).

Just interesting...

Firstly, the comment of being ‘good’ seems to undervalue Richmond’s achievements in the past 18 months. Now hey, if you’re a member of BigFooty, that’s a pretty expexted response, but by a coach of an AFL club? It generally felt like he ate too many Pringles, and they were very salty.

Then he proceeds to talk about dynasties and juggernauts of the competition and flatly says Richmond are NOT one when he wasn’t even asked this as a question.

Has there ever been a time like this where an opposition coach showed the opposition little respect post match? I’m used to the standard cliche answers, but man I find Scott’s press conferences utterly fascinating and I kind of commend him for being honest even if it doesn’t suit the narrative I want it to suit.

Now keep in mind, there’s more to what Scott said, it was also his body language, his temperament that was gripping too, watch the presser if you can.

Scott blew his best chance to beat us last night. He knows it. He’s deflecting from the real issue which is Cats aren’t good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hence why I didn’t have a go at you.
Unfortunately as is the case with the declining standard of this board it’ll soon be infested with idiots who will froth at the mouth to pile on for last nights comments.

I told Stevi twice last night that he spoke about what you did well. If he was praise averse would he do that?

Essentially all he said was they’re beatable and not one of the great sides the game has seen. Both are fair statements.

The part I disagreed with was when he said we had the better run of play for most of the night. We didn’t.

I agree with you here.

You elaborated really well, Geelong have always matched up well against us and really against anyone. You look at the star power in your line up and it’s probably alongside ours the best in the league. I could understand Scott investing in his players. But I am surprised he commented so openly to the media, when most coaches save comments and body language like his for behind close doors.

Don't you remember the week leading up to the first final last year between our two sides? Your lot were all saying anytime anywhere Richmond after the draw revealed the game would be played at the MCG. So incredibly certain you could not lose to a team you'd dominated for a decade no matter where you played them it was farcical the reaction immediately after the loss. Incredible arrogance and petulance. You are on the receiving end of what yout mob dished out for A DECADE.
if i pinned everything “your lot” have said on here in the last 12 months i probably wouldn’t like you much either.

No ruckman mean't you got some easy clearances even though Geelong's midfield were on top. The rain also gave your defence a far better chance to stop Hawkins.

No ruckman? I believe Ryan Abbott is a ruckman. And did reasonably well for a first gamer, I might add.

That same rain should have given the Geelong defenders the same advantage to stopping Riewoldt. It didn't.

Serious question, if Geelong's season was on the line, why didn't they give it their best shot?
You must be pissed off that your team didn't give it their best shot on such an important night.
We should have won by 10 goals. Geelong aren't in the same league really. I think after Chris Scott's comments tonight, I'd love to play them in the finals, I think we'd destroy them.

Taylor, stewart, stanley, ratagolea, narkle, cockatoo, mccarthy all best 22 for us was my my point legend

Taylor is shot mate. Too slow. Nakia is injury prone and struggles to play and is inconsistent, Stanley - C grader, Narkle - jet, Ratogolea was looking good, Stewart is a B grader, McCarthy is ok. Some of your players mentioned aren’t that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't use that argument to justify a players ability.

Why? Cats fans used to use premiership medals to compare players all the time. Prior to last year "Rance isn't anywhere near Scarlett. Scarlett has 3 premiership medals."

Silliest justification ever. By that, Nathan Ablett is better than Tony Lockett, Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Richardson etc.

No ruckman? I believe Ryan Abbott is a ruckman. And did reasonably well for a first gamer, I might add.

That same rain should have given the Geelong defenders the same advantage to stopping Riewoldt. It didn't.

Riewoldt is a different forward to Hawkins and no where as reliant of his over head marking.

You are right Abbot was a first gamer and it showed.

I think it's genius that Hardwick made Auskick style tactics work at AFL level.

The game has progressed past some if your players. It’s evolution baby.
Fast aggressive ball movement. It’s great to watch.

Taylor is shot mate. Too slow. Nakia is injury prone and struggles to play and is inconsistent, Stanley - C grader, Narkle - jet, Ratogolea was looking good, Stewart is a B grader, McCarthy is ok. Some of your players mentioned aren’t that good.

Stanley has actually been solid this year.

From what I’ve seen most coaches turn the question around and focus on their own side rather than the opposition.

In your mind though, you’ve already misinterpreted what I’ve said and are on the front foot for an aggressive disagreement when I’m merely said it was a fascinating press conference and I appreciated the honestly even if it didn’t suit my bias.

Scott was asked to clarify if he thought people were pumping up Richmond more than what they deserved. That was the question he was answering, how would he turn that back around to talk about Geelong?

You actually didn't 'merely say it was fascinating'. You called his response salty, you said he undervalued Richmond's performance over the past 18 months, and you said he showed little respect. Tell me where I misinterpreted your comments.

I got it when Richmond supporters wanted to rub their success in the face of everyone who said they'd never get there, I get the excessive revelling at the end of a premiership drought. But this petty nitpicking of not getting enough praise from opposition coaches is a bit pathetic.

Well done to Richmond for winning despite missing 6 best 22 players due to injury.

When teams like GWS, Adelaide, Sydney and Collingwood have had injuries this year they’ve struggled big time to win games. Richmond just seem to be much better at covering injuries.

To beat a top 4 aspirant while being ravished by injury is a great result for the Tiges.

Why? Cats fans used to use premiership medals to compare players all the time. Prior to last year "Rance isn't anywhere near Scarlett. Scarlett has 3 premiership medals."

Silliest justification ever. By that, Nathan Ablett is better than Tony Lockett, Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Richardson etc.

I think the fact Scarlett is better than Rance would be just a simple statement.

“They have won 19 in a row at the MCG, so they are good,” Scott said.

“But particularly, I watched the game last week and I thought Collingwood were on top for big parts of the game.

“When you talk about juggernauts of the competition of years gone by, you are just never in the game against them, but I don’t see that (this year).

Just interesting...

Firstly, the comment of being ‘good’ seems to undervalue Richmond’s achievements in the past 18 months. Now hey, if you’re a member of BigFooty, that’s a pretty expexted response, but by a coach of an AFL club? It generally felt like he ate too many Pringles, and they were very salty.

Then he proceeds to talk about dynasties and juggernauts of the competition and flatly says Richmond are NOT one when he wasn’t even asked this as a question.

Has there ever been a time like this where an opposition coach showed the opposition little respect post match? I’m used to the standard cliche answers, but man I find Scott’s press conferences utterly fascinating and I kind of commend him for being honest even if it doesn’t suit the narrative I want it to suit.

Now keep in mind, there’s more to what Scott said, it was also his body language, his temperament that was gripping too, watch the presser if you can.

Richmond are good we all know that. Would you like him to lie and say "Richmond are the greatest team to ever play the game"?

Scott was asked to clarify if he thought people were pumping up Richmond more than what they deserve[/B]d. That was the question he was answering, how would he turn that back around to talk about Geelong?

You actually didn't 'merely say it was fascinating'. You called his response salty, you said he undervalued Richmond's performance over the past 18 months, and you said he showed little respect. Tell me where I misinterpreted your comments.

I got it when Richmond supporters wanted to rub their success in the face of everyone who said they'd never get there, I get the excessive revelling at the end of a premiership drought. But this petty nitpicking of not getting enough praise from opposition coaches is a bit pathetic.
That’s not what he was asked at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back