Unofficial Preview Cats V Hawks - Another Chapter in THE RIVALRY..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few people suggesting Constable to come in, what sort of role could he play? I live in SA so haven’t seen him play. I’ve noticed he gets in the VFL best a lot.
He plays as an inside mid some suggested he could come in and play a tagger role. I doubt he will play this week. When he does play you don’t think he’d play a role hes played at vfl level. At this stage that Ian only as a mid as far as I know. He’s got a big future though imo and a future leader.

I actually thought Thurlow was significantly better than previously and deserves to stay in. He took a couple of good marks and gave us some drive. Yeah he butchered an important ball late but his chase was impressive. I'd keep him in. Parsons got some form back in the VFL and if he's in form I think he's simply a better player than guys like Jones, Fogarty, etc. If Taylor's available I'd play him and consider shifting Thuoy forward more with Thurlow covering Thuoy's role. Kolo should cover Bews'role as a shut-down small defender this weak. He's very good defensivley on talls or smalls. Our big weakness is getting anything out of our small forwards so I expect Thuoy to give us plenty more than Jones and Fogarty have been giving us.

My changes:

Ins - Stanley, Stewart, Narkle, Taylor/Parsons
Outs - Abbott, Bews, Jones, Fogarty
Very apt user name.

Except that Geelong can (and should) still make the finals even if it loses against Hawthorn. A win against Hawthorn would be very useful, but is not essential.
According to my ladder predictor we will finish 6th maybe even as high as 4th if GWS can beat Melb in Melb in Rd 23. I don’t see us missing.
But with just 3 wins from the last 7 games, we’d better start getting into a winning mindset real soon.
I’m not even entertaining the option of losing to the Hawks. We simply shouldn’t if we are fair dinkum

No way can Buzza play on Saturday.

Sure he had a great game in the VFL, but in the most important game of our year, we can ill afford to see him crack again under the pressure.

If needed play him the following week, at home against weaker opposition, where he can come in for any sore bodies.

If he's not fit then of course he doesn't play. But if he's over his issues then I wouldn't be wasting him in the vfl when we've got a must win game and our bottom 6 struggling.
Obviously I'm not making myself clear. I wasn't questioning whether Harry should be selected if fit, I was saying that based on his comments at the weekend he won't be fit. He even indicated he didn't know when he'd be back. So short of a miracle he'll be an onlooker again.

Scooter must tag Mitchell, tore us a new one in Round 2, was probably the difference.
Actually it wasn’t Mitchell who dominated. It was McAvoy.

Mitchell received absolute silver service and there was nothing that our players could do. Mitchell just looked great due to getting every stoppage ball hit to him.

The difference was Stanley’s level then against an in-form McAvoy (I think he was listed in the top 3-4 ruckman by round 5 and they were calling 2018 the ruckmans year).

We really should beat the Hawks. There low finish last year has given them an easy draw.

They haven't beaten a top 8 team since Port by 3 points in Rnd 5 and they lost to Brisbane twice.

I might be jinxing us as we're 9th but we have shown we can mix it with the Top 8. Yet to see this from Hawthorn.

They beat the Bombers but gave up 100 points. Bombers. Shut down their uncontested chip around gameplan and force them to kick under pressure and they'll be easy pickings.

Wonder what that means- cleared of damage.
Was it a dislocated shoulder with no bone damage?
Was it an AC joint knock?

If it was a dislocated shoulder, there has to be soft tissue damage.
I know you're the messenger, I'm just verbalising my thoughts.

"Defender Jed Bews has been cleared of a fracture to his shoulder. . ."
"Bews dislocated his left shoulder as he lunged to make a tackle on Tiger Kane Lambert"

"Scans in recent days have shown no sign of a break as a result of the injury, with Bews' shoulder popping back in in the changerooms.

"He's out of the sling. He's had both an MRI and a CT scan and both have excluded a fracture which is really positive news for Jed," Lloyd told AFL.com.au."
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-08-06/positive-news-for-jed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Defender Jed Bews has been cleared of a fracture to his shoulder. . ."
"Bews dislocated his left shoulder as he lunged to make a tackle on Tiger Kane Lambert"

"Scans in recent days have shown no sign of a break as a result of the injury, with Bews' shoulder popping back in in the changerooms.

"He's out of the sling. He's had both an MRI and a CT scan and both have excluded a fracture which is really positive news for Jed," Lloyd told AFL.com.au."
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-08-06/positive-news-for-jed

He has no Cyril to own so not a massive loss.

He has no Cyril to own so not a massive loss.

Poppy is a has been and needs Cyril as a decoy.

We don't desreve finals if we can't thump this MOR side.

We have to show we are a level above the Hawks.

Kiss goodbye to 2018 if this is close.

Last edited:
Poppy is a has been and needs Cyril as a decoy.

We don't desreve finals if we can't thump this MOR side.

We have to show we are a level above the Hawks.

Kiss goodbye to 2018 if this is close.
He is just the type of arsey player to have his best game of his season and kick 5 against us...

It's just what happens to us!

We really should beat the Hawks. There low finish last year has given them an easy draw.

They haven't beaten a top 8 team since Port by 3 points in Rnd 5 and they lost to Brisbane twice.

I might be jinxing us as we're 9th but we have shown we can mix it with the Top 8. Yet to see this from Hawthorn.

They beat the Bombers but gave up 100 points. Bombers. Shut down their uncontested chip around gameplan and force them to kick under pressure and they'll be easy pickings.
They've still got some bloody good footballers in that side.

Actually it wasn’t Mitchell who dominated. It was McAvoy.

Mitchell received absolute silver service and there was nothing that our players could do. Mitchell just looked great due to getting every stoppage ball hit to him.

The difference was Stanley’s level then against an in-form McAvoy (I think he was listed in the top 3-4 ruckman by round 5 and they were calling 2018 the ruckmans year).
The silver service or otherwise doesn't generally seem to matter to Mitchell, who is just a machine at finding the footy. Uses it well, too.

I agree about McEvoy, though - he was the Difference.

Out: Guthrie, Bews, Jones
In: Stanley, Stewart, Narkle

It will never happen but Guthrie needs to be dropped. Been amongst the worst every game he's played since coming back and has added nothing to the team. Come at me Guthrie lovers.

Be good to see us play 2 ruckman and stretch the hawks in that area. Play to our strengths which is the midfield.

Out: Guthrie, Bews, Jones
In: Stanley, Stewart, Narkle

It will never happen but Guthrie needs to be dropped. Been amongst the worst every game he's played since coming back and has added nothing to the team. Come at me Guthrie lovers.

Be good to see us play 2 ruckman and stretch the hawks in that area. Play to our strengths which is the midfield.
Guthrie takes Bews' spot, unless we play Parfitt there.

We probably need to have two Guthries in for me to lose all hope,but the deeper Cams plays back the higher the risk,up the ground he's less costly.
Agreed. Changes will be minimal, particularly if they are working on some. Changes to the game plan.
Talk of Buzza coming in is ludicrous. Abbott retains his spot and helps Stanley out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back