Game Day Cats V Blues 8 quarter Preseason Blockbuster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Cam Guthrie potential in Bowes.

And he did hint at that at the Suns, both as a back flanker and as a midfielder (briefly).

We got glimpses last season but an undefined role and getting to grips with a new system lead to a slightly disappointing start (only cause my hopes were high).

I know it's only a pre season game and he did similar last season, but I just see a really good player there. Hopefully he brings that to the table in 2024.
When he was drafted he was compared to Trent Cotchin.

Neat disposal, makes the right decisions, not quick - but not slow - either. Similar to your Guthrie comparison really.

It's entirely possible he can become something resembling that player after a year in our system.

After Rance's comments regarding Lynch a few years back, Flanders & Brodies lack of development, and Dimma's comments recently, I'm prepared to put little to no thought into his time at the Gold Coast.

It's becoming increasingly clear that they did absolutely nothing to develop him, and if that's the case, he was never going to be what we wanted him to be in year one.

Year two though, that could be a different story.

We love feedback from faceless people!

Kingy
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Just finished the replay.

Main take-out from me was that we can expect a renewed focus on moving the ball quickly. Obviously welcome.

I really liked Bowes’ game. He looked very comfortable as a mid. Involved and used the ball well.

Didn’t really take much else from it. I didn’t think many of the second tier made a strong claim although most were ok. I expect the likes of Conway, Dempsey, Neale, Knevitt and Clark all to start the year in the VFL.

Aside from Guthrie it was good to get through unscathed. If we are to have a chance this year we need a better run with injuries. The toll quickly becomes too great when you get them early in the year. Fingers crossed we keep the squad together early.

Just finished the replay.

Main take-out from me was that we can expect a renewed focus on moving the ball quickly. Obviously welcome.

I really liked Bowes’ game. He looked very comfortable as a mid. Involved and used the ball well.

Didn’t really take much else from it. I didn’t think many of the second tier made a strong claim although most were ok. I expect the likes of Conway, Dempsey, Neale, Knevitt and Clark all to start the year in the VFL.

Aside from Guthrie it was good to get through unscathed. If we are to have a chance this year we need a better run with injuries. The toll quickly becomes too great when you get them early in the year. Fingers crossed we keep the squad together early.
That is not a popular opinion here, but I suspect you're correct.

Takes:

Miers will be a star.
Bowes was impressive.
Bruhn might not get a lot of it but like Axe he'll always put in.
Liked Holmes backing his pace in when MF or back. Caught a few times but liked the mindset
O Henry already is clunking his almost marks from last year and he kicked 40. Could be anything.
Neale has the tools.
Mannagh will be a good link man.
Clark was good but a little panicky. Could see he was putting a lot of presure on himself to perform.
Danger might play a bit more forward this year but not as a lead out forward but dropping back into the pocket a bit.

Overall from a gameplay perspective I though we set up well and some of our runs from the back were pretty slick and quick for this time of year.

Agreed. One of our most impressive today. Got to the right spots and some really great disposal, too.
I think my favourite passage from him was the one that led to the Dempsey screamer. Continuously involved and never stopped getting involved and moving it forward

Also, Jack Henry not injured.

How good

I reckon Conway would get destroyed by Rowan Marshall if he played R1… but so will Stanley.

That’s really no slight in either guy though… whoever plays will likely get out powered by the very very strong Marshall.

I’d let Stanley take that lick for sure.

He is far more experienced at being beaten in the ruck.
The difference is that Stanley can run them off their legs, not beat them… out run them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A month for Guthrie? They're s**t injuries quads and he pulled up really quick when he kicked the ball. You can get back doing heaps of running quick enough but it's kicking on it that takes the time.

Some of the shitest disposals I have ever seen, I could literally do better , but he needs the opportunity

You literally couldn’t find the ball/get a touch if you were playing against afl comp let alone literally do better than any afl player in the league in real gameplay you muppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back