Unofficial Preview Cats V Hawks - Another Chapter in THE RIVALRY..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an addy article stating he might have a groin issue. I think it was posted further up the thread.
Bugger. Again. That's what he's been out with most of this season?

Bugger. Again. That's what he's been out with most of this season?
He's reportedly had recurrent groin issues ever since he returned following the last reco, and it's these which have driven his "rests".
Same ones or different ones all the time, I don't know.

A bit nervous about this one, our season is nearly on the line. There isn't a team in the current top 8 that i wouldn't give ourselves a decent chance against come finals, but if we don't make it it would be massively disappointing.

Henry probably will play more in defense now with Bews out, but Thurlow may get a reprieve there too. He'll get hung on that kick, but Thurlow wasnt playing bad football outside of that. You'd like to see him keep his spot and get back on the horse, especially with Bews out. As selected on Friday night, we had Bews and Henry named on the HB line (not that it means much), so i could see next weeks team sheet having Henry and Thurlow at HB.

Bews out for Stanley, and Sparkle in for Jones or Fogarty this week. And then Thurlow out for Stewart when he's fit.

Henry is now Blicavs' replacement as Mr Fix It. I just prefer Henry playing Forward, where needed more.

I'd have thought that for the Hawthorn game, Taylor might return, IF fit + I have fingers crossed that Stewart 'just might be' fit to play. If Taylor + Stewart are fit to play, our Defence would be stronger. While I'm happy to give Thurlow games to improve form, Scott or Scarlo need to put a rocket up JK to play against Hawthorn.

How annoying is it to have such a fantastic Defence so far + now they're all dropping like flies!

I reckon Jones who av's 8 disposals comes out for someone.
Abbott showed to much to lose his place, CHF/Ruck.

If Zuthrie plays kiss the game goodbye, not just because of him but because the decision means a lack of foresight that will extend beyond it alone.
Out: Thurlow; Bews; Abbott; Fogarty;
In: Stanley; Stewart; McCarthy/Murdoch; Narkle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mention of Narkle in that 'In The Mix' article on the GFC website.

Hope that's an oversight rather than a deliberate omission.

I don't get the hate for Zuthrie, he has a lot of potential and just needs a few preseasons to get the body he needs to be a consistent player at AFL level. Playing him now and then in the AFL at this stage is part of his development. However, with the importance of this game I'd play him in the last two weeks, not against the Hawks.

Last edited:
In: Buzza, Stanley, Stewart, Narkle

Out: Bews, Thurlow, Menzel, Jones

Last edited:
People put way too much emphasis on the ‘in the mix’ article. This is done by communication/journalist staff. Not the match committee. It has about as much weight as my ins and outs.

In: Stanley, Stewart, Narkle
Out: Jones, Bews, Thurlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back