Toast Sam Gibson Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if he hadn't got injured it was a waste of time

We internally laude our drafting, development and leadership programs. So why was there any need for him?

Seems a great character though from his few interviews and a smart guy. I wonder if he'll stay in football?

I think we got sucked in a bit. Turns out Sloane is pretty easy to tag. :)

He was never there to boost our flag chances. He was always only going to be back up for if we had a s**t ton of injuries. We had them and he still played no part. I said it was stupid at the time, and hindsight shows that was correct.

Even if he was depth, to give up what pick 70? Is a great investment.

He was never there to boost our flag chances. He was always only going to be back up for if we had a s**t ton of injuries. We had them and he still played no part. I said it was stupid at the time, and hindsight shows that was correct.
Deliberately overlooking the fact that he was one of the injured players? What a stupid argument.

Something tells me Gibbo wont be going out for beers with Hass and Burton after the season.

Just a hunch.

Also, congrats on finishing up your career Sam.
When I spoke with Fagan he mentioned that we train harder than everyone else, Gibson said our training was much harder than Norths. The funny thing he said it as if it’s a badge of honour and justification for our injuries, but I can’t recall having fitness issues.

Does he have any fitness qualifications. Heard him be honest about his injury issues and liked what I heard. Could be good to keep on staff.

He has also had good exposure to Kangatech. Which we use but maybe not property.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He was an electrician prior to being picked up by North I believe and he's said he'll likely be going back to that.

91. He was going to be delisted by North, so we'd of gotten him for free anyway, we just did the trade with North so he could come over a couple weeks earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it a good investment? A year later and he only played a handful of games and retired a year later.
Investments are judged on how they repay the costs.
This is a bust. It wasnt a good investment. A list spot taken up, money spent on his wage and relocation would have stayed in our cap.

Deliberately overlooking the fact that he was one of the injured players? What a stupid argument.
Stupid is how you read it.
The point I made is he was there for back.up incase of injury and he didnt even do that, obviously because he was injured and when he wasnt his form wasnt flash.
But carry on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back