Universal Love Matthew Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
2 seasons have just about gone without our finest champion ever.

This guy had all the weapons and was one of the classiest blokes going around.

Post your favorite Pav memories.

I'll go first:

2012 EF v Geelong at the MCG.

Pav was electric and just had a mood about him. As dominant as you can get. Even got injured then come back and kicked a ripping goal. The most fun I've had as a docker supporter. Who knew the sequel would be just as good as the original (2013 QF).

2010 vs Geelong in round 3 another highlight - 5 goals 4, 26 touches, with one of those goals from the centre square.

I know 90% of the people on here have Year-Zeroed the pre-Lyon days, but IMO that game is one of the most attractive displays we've ever had in our history.

An inexperienced side going toe-to-toe with the reigning premiers, playing high scoring footy and not wilting at the death.

Last edited:
The elimination final in 2012 is the pick of the bunch for me. I often rewatch that first quarter, where he was single handedly dismantling the still highly fancied Geelong under lights at the MCG in a game no one gave us much chance in. Fantastic. Shame about the following week where he could hardly move!

I also fondly remember his spoil at half back in the final quarter of the Qualifying final down at Geelong the following year. From memory, he ran 60 metres to make the spoil at a crucial time.

Ah memories!

I was at a game at Football Park in 2005 which we just lost by a kick after a big comeback, Pav kicked 7 in the second half and 8 for the match.

Pav doesn't get enough credit, 700 goals could've been another 100+ had he played forward his whole career. Sadly as well when he was at his best as a forward in 05 & 07 we weren't playing finals.

2010 vs Geelong in round 3 another highlight - 5 goals 4, 26 touches, with one of those goals from the centre square.

I know 90% of the people on here have Year-Zeroed the pre-Lyon days, but IMO that game is one of the most attractive displays we've ever had in our history.

An inexperienced side going toe-to-toe with the reigning premiers, playing high scoring footy and not wilting at the death.

What could have been with Morabito

2 seasons have just about gone without our finest champion ever.

This guy had all the weapons and was one of the classiest blokes going around.

Post your favorite Pav memories.

I'll go first:

2012 EF v Geelong at the MCG.

Pav was electric and just had a mood about him. As dominant as you can get. Even got injured then come back and kicked a ripping goal. The most fun I've had as a docker supporter. Who knew the sequel would be just as good as the original (2013 QF).

weirdo geelong fan tried to get me thrown out of MCG for over celebrating during that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weirdo geelong fan tried to get me thrown out of MCG for over celebrating during that game.
My wife's cousin is a die-hard Cats fan, and reckons Freo are his most hated team, because when he went to get a beer at half time of that game there were a couple of Freo fans "celebrating a bit too hard before the game was over." They weren't "paying the reigning premiers enough respect". lololololol

Wow I remember that game.

How good was Hill in year one? That brings back happy memories

My wife's cousin is a die-hard Cats fan, and reckons Freo are his most hated team, because when he went to get a beer at half time of that game there were a couple of Freo fans "celebrating a bit too hard before the game was over." They weren't "paying the reigning premiers enough respect". lololololol

That might have been me.

How good is the man?

Makes me want a new Pav. Would Langdon and our first get us Lukosius?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the Lyon lovers need to watch those highlights- fcuk that was good to watch back then.

Was having banter with Mates today that are power tragics banging on about tredrea the best
I filled them in that not only does pav match him in statistical averages but he did it for 100 more games travelling from the west every second week, spending time in the middle defence and carrying an under performing team
Legend

The best we ever played IMO was round 1 2012 v Geelong. That first qtr was about as perfect as it gets.

We won by 4 but that first qtr

I missed the 2012 final while I was in Vegas, eventful trip..

The spoil from Pav deep in defence against Geelong the next year was that point where I thought we might pinch this
This. This is my favourite Pav moment.

The 2012 EF is next. Had a ticket for the game but couldn't go as our youngest was a couple of weeks old. Was watching the game on TV with my wife, we'd just put the kids to bed. At quarter time wife turns to me & says "does your friend still have the ticket?" so with her blessing I was at the ground just before half time (thanks to a hairy cab trip up Nepean Highway).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back