Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Brisbane - Rd 23, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

+ no game next week! My mate is on the same flight back from Brisbane as the team. Due to land back in Perth at 12:40am, but departure has now been delayed another hour...ouch

+ no game next week! My mate is on the same flight back from Brisbane as the team. Due to land back in Perth at 12:40am, but departure has now been delayed another hour...ouch
Our poor guys, just what they need.

So proud of the boys. Been through a hell of a year and have come out 2nd on the ladder!

+ Honestly can't think of a player that deserves to be dropped.
+ Eagles small forward division may be the best in the comp or at least in the best form
+ Ryan, Rioli and Venners in the same team works fantastic!
+ Allen was brilliant
+ Defence is holding up great
+ Sheed finding form
+ Rioli in HB was interesting. Seemed to work quite well
+ Darling reclaiming form.

- Venners needs to build a tank. Once he does kid is gonna be a star
- Love Duggan's hardness and his ability to win the ball but god his disposal can be rubbish

Had prime seats on the wing three rows back in the second tier. Despite the one nuffie screaming "LIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNS" at random times before we pulled away, it was an enjoyable game. UP THE BLOODY COASTERS

Positive
Top 2. Didn't choke

Negative.
We allow sides too much run through the corridor. Richmond will carve us up if we allow it with them.

sorry to intrude, is Barrass really "just" 194cms?

Well we tried standing him next to McGovern to see how tall he was, but that just created more problems.

+ Robert Walls eating a big bag of dicks

And enjoying it.

Probably eating them at the Carlton End of Season Windup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did what we needed to. No one has really gone to the Gabba this year and come away with a big win really, they’ve put up a fight week in week out.

These games can very easily become ugly when we got out in front - who remembers Daniel Kerr destroying his finger in that late season game in 2007? Those are the sorts of injuries that you can get in these matches.

Loved Venables early, dropped off somewhat but I love how composed he is with ball in hand. He makes things happen when he gets it & you can see why we have persisted with him when he has been quiet. That front and centre goal in the first reminded me of Judd.

On the same note, Allen did a lot of good things as well. Simmo said it well; he was predictable for us moving forward. Will likely drop for JK- but big future ahead.

Ryan has shown us something different each week. Loved him using has pace today, we look so dangerous with him & Rioli.

Cripps has been sensational in the back half of this year. Really has blown me away with his work rate and he’s now being rewarded with the goals. Not as flashy as Bruest or Gresham but internally we must love his efforts each week.

Our class really shone out today. You’d expect that, but right from our captain down, we made the better decisions, defended better and used the ball so much cleaner than the lions. (even though it must have been like a soap ball at times. )

- probably my only negative was how easy we let the lions transition from HB. It’s a strength of theirs, but our numbers seemed to disappear & they just waltzed out at times. Thankfully for us it didn’t cost us all that much, but we will need to review that as the pies are better than the lions at this transition.

- Simmo using the world “probably” around JK, it worries me that after so long he isn’t a definite. Even if he said 100%, it was quickly followed up by “let’s start with that & work down”.

TOP 2! Just really proud of us, we’ve been written off time & time again and yet we still keep bouncing back. For the first time, I think we can legitimately win this without NN.

Loved Venables early, dropped off somewhat but I love how composed he is with ball in hand. He makes things happen when he gets it & you can see why we have persisted with him when he has been quiet. That front and centre goal in the first reminded me of Judd.

Kid is going to be something special once he realises how good he can be, was great early today.

Didn’t realise how consistent Brisbane have been at home. Average losing margin of 11 points, biggest ‘blowout’ was 27 points.

Puts today’s result into some good perspective, especially when you chuck in the weather.

Didn’t realise how consistent Brisbane have been at home. Average losing margin of 11 points, biggest ‘blowout’ was 27 points.

Puts today’s result into some good perspective, especially when you chuck in the weather.
And the fact that we took the foot off

This kind of stuff in the way of delayed flights often goes unmentioned when there is talk about all the travel we do. Must be tough getting in at that time of the morning and not getting home until probably 2:30am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back