Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Tex is offering the same line “Gov feels our club isn’t a good fit”.

Well why the **** not? What is it about our club that he doesn’t want to stay after signing a 3 year deal.

Also said he hasn’t sat down with Gov and try and get him to stay. Won’t be giving him a spray as he’s learnt. Obviously talking about Lever.

Every Carlton poster in here reading this you have at least 5 years before you can realistic compete and win a flag. That is over 60 months away, unless you get some ready made talent into your team.

FFS they are special kind of stupid to realise this.
Its funny... i had a taste on saturday night on what its actually like to be a Carlton supporter whilst i was actually barracking for carlton to not get flogged by us by too many goals... by halfway through the second quarter i was terrified we were gonna destroy them by 150 or more points and move three spots up the ladder past north, port and the bombers and thus completely screw our draft hand so i was cheering them on to kick some more goals.. it was an unusual feeling going for another team when they were playing the crows!

I actually feel sorry for their supporters now due to this.. It was an eye openner thats for sure..

I mean just how deflating must it be having to support a team for over a decade now that is so unbelievably pitiful that 22 witches hats put up a better fight.. at least with a witches hat standing mcgovern he might trip over it and roll his ankle again.

I only did it for a couple of quarters of football... But that was bad enough... watching and barracking for that for over a decade must be so bitterly soul destroying.. no wonder they are so boisterous come draft and trade week time.. its the only time of the year for last decade and half they’ve had anything that goes close to feeling like a real win..

Well why the **** not? What is it about our club that he doesn’t want to stay after signing a 3 year deal.

Also said he hasn’t sat down with Gov and try and get him to stay. Won’t be giving him a spray as he’s learnt. Obviously talking about Lever.
He did last year :huh:

I still think the change in heart came about when we drafted Fog.

When he signed we hadn't lost Cameron and gained pick 12. Fog was a.pipe dream.

Gov trains with Fog and can see the potential. He knows his natural skillset and how good he can be in a year or two. By then Gov could well be struggling to make our 22 with Tex (hopefully) and Jenkins still there and Fog playing third tall with his natural ability having been developed.

Gov knows his limitations and Fog's upside is far greater.

It is easier for Gov to go to a club where he does not have this competition for a spot. He gets an uplift in salary and then another one in two years time. Rather than stick with us with no guarantee of a big pay day in two years time.

Good luck to him. It is a move from a guy who is a profesional footballer who understands how is the time to move to maximize his earning. Which is great for us as it is a great draft to have such currency.

Many might say it is weak for him not to back himself in to earn that pay day at the AFC in two years time and keep his spot in the team. But they also dont face that reality or decision.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The final straw was watching Himmelberg's debut from the backlines.

People have already run TAFKATMS once off the board questioning him/her, let's not do it again.

(Of course providing TAFKTAMS is in fact the TAFKATMS and not an imposter)!
I dont want to run them off the board, just conflicting info

Maybe he hadn’t spoken to Burton yet
You do wonder how Burton gets on with players ......probably ok, otherwise he would definitely gone .....but you can cut & slice McGovern's lies whichever way you like ....it's about
AnchoredMasculineHamadryad-size_restricted.gif

That said, i'm not getting the feeling, the club is too upset ???

He needs to boost his tank.

If he is saying it’s the program that he doesn’t have confidence in -FFS BOLTON ! And a club that can’t rebuild in a decade ?

Good luck losing by 10 goals in front of 5000 people week in week out !
You’d want a truckload of cash for that alone !
I don’t get it

If he is saying it’s the program that he doesn’t have confidence in -FFS BOLTON ! And a club that can’t rebuild in a decade ?

I don’t get it
The money helps forget about losing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still unsure as to whether he really wanted to sign. That said, his manager if well known in the industry as a money hungry campaigner

I don’t get it
If McGovern actually still wants to play for CARL after a week, where we thrashed them by 100 points ....in front of a pitiful, soulless crowd .....what conclusions can you draw from that

Its funny... i had a taste on saturday night on what its actually like to be a Carlton supporter whilst i was actually barracking for carlton to not get flogged by us by too many goals... by halfway through the second quarter i was terrified we were gonna destroy them by 150 or more points and move three spots up the ladder past north, port and the bombers and thus completely screw our draft hand so i was cheering them on to kick some more goals.. it was an unusual feeling going for another team when they were playing the crows!

I actually feel sorry for their supporters now due to this.. It was an eye openner thats for sure..

I mean just how deflating must it be having to support a team for over a decade now that is so unbelievably pitiful that 22 witches hats put up a better fight.. at least with a witches hat standing mcgovern he might trip over it and roll his ankle again.

I only did it for a couple of quarters of football... But that was bad enough... watching and barracking for that for over a decade must be so bitterly soul destroying.. no wonder they are so boisterous come draft and trade week time.. its the only time of the year for last decade and half they’ve had anything that goes close to feeling like a real win..

My only thought how those supporters stick tough is that they must love Navy blue

Was just keen to see what you guys thought his value is. After a lot of reading i still don't know
Well. Run along until he nominates Geelong which won't happen.

If McGovern actually still wants to play for CARL after a week, where we thrashed them by 100 points ....in front of a pitiful, soulless crowd .....what conclusions can you draw from that

Even Norf would be better
Saints even
FMD - Bulldogs have up side

....Carlton though !!!!

He likes losing.

It is weird, sums mitch up. At least his brother earnt his contract. Both leaver and mitch really proved little before they were offered ridiculous contracts. I guess thats the landscape we are in with these desperate bottom 6 clubs looking to move from 3 wins to 5. Anyway thanks for signing last year mitch, we get 2 firsts or he sits in the sanfl for 2 years. Feel he is trying to get to the hawks with roughead being moved on but I can't see how they can possibly satisfy afc. Possibly pick 13-17 and next years first which we could exchange for a top 5 pick. Time will tell.

In the case of the current Carltank trolls on here, they're hoping to go from 2 wins to 4. Think of the celebrations.

Was just keen to see what you guys thought his value is. After a lot of reading i still don't know
Your pricing him on future speculative return. May be the next jack reiwoldt or be injury prone and play 10-15 games a year. The big thing he has going for him is his pace and contested marking. He never was fully invested at afc so i would expect a 50% lift in attitude at another club too. But on the negative your getting a fairly selfish player who needs to improve his goal kicking accuracy and can drift out of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back