Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - West Coast v Melbourne, Optus Stadium, Sat, Sept 22, 1.20pm WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. That’s just a crappy myth. Aussie rules wouldn’t have disappeared from Victoria suddenly had west coast not joined.

You joined a league. You don’t like how that league is run, so why continue to support said league?

You do realize like 4 Vic teams would have folded if it wasn't for WC joining the league and likely more as time went on. And WC is a financial juggernaut, raking in more profit than 14 of the 18 AFL teams combined. You really think the AFL would let that walk? We are a lot more important to the AFL machine then you are. You took in just over a million profit last year, we took in 12 million. Do the math.

But this is flogging a dead horse. This is about the prelim. Not a VIC vs WA shit fight.

Last edited:
Well when your issue is with a long standing contract that isn’t breaching any laws, then yeah you’d probably be dumb to whinge to your employer about it

But I’m not speaking about employees. I’m talking about people who pay money to the AFL and claim it’s rigged against their team. If the competition is rigged against your team, why are you still giving them your cash?

So that clubs like yours don’t go bust

With the forcast predicting a warm one this saturday I'm curious to know what the temperature was last time we played in Rd 22. On TV it looked like a pretty warm day as well. Does anyone remember how warm it was?
I was there. Yep, 25° - I went in shorts and tshirt. And our seats were in direct sun with no shade - it was hot! My WCE mate wore jeans and was so hot he made me watch the first half in the Captain’s Club(?).

The Eagles will send the Demons home, the Çhoir Boys they are under their cloaks. Packing their Demon tails firmly between their legs.
A biblical hiding coming they're way.

A mate on the Eagle list told me, they will bash and crash Melbourne into submission early, focused firstly on they're defenders.
The Demons will be given a 'warm' welcome, to our new house of pain.

Brace yourself Melbourne, we're comin for you. Your time is up.

Ok.

You do realize like 4 Vic teams would have folded if it wasn't for WC joining the league and likely more as time went on, and Aussie rules wouldn't have dissapeared from WA either. Maybe unknown to some of you, WA has a rich history of aussie rules football dating back to the 1800s just like the Vics. South Fremantle was the best team in the country for a long time in the middle 1900s, smashing Vic teams in the interstate carnivals. And WC is a financial juggernaut, raking in more cash then alot of the lower teams combined. You really think the AFL would let that walk? We are a lot more important to the AFL machine then you are. You took in just over a million profit last year, we took in 12 million. Do the math.

But this is flogging a dead horse. This is about the prelim. Not a VIC vs WA shit fight.
So you agree that Aussie rules wouldn’t have died in Victoria. You’re disagreeing with the other west coast fan. Not me

You’re paying to support west coast so melbourne don’t go broke? Sounds like a fairly dumb waste of money.

So you agree that Aussie rules wouldn’t have died in Victoria. You’re disagreeing with the other west coast fan. Not me

You’re paying to support west coast so melbourne don’t go broke? Sounds like a fairly dumb waste of money.

Nah it wouldn't have died, there is too much support for it. But a lot of teams would now be non existent. Melbourne could have been one of them, in the 1990s there was talk of a Hawthorn merger due to their financial troubles. WC bring in so much damn money for the AFL its ridiculous. We don't even get to keep most of it because we got to support the scroungers.

Bring on Saturday so one team can just eat salt already. This thread can be summed up as

"We beat you in round 22."
"We had no Darling or Kennedy."

And around we go.

Last edited:
I pay to support west coast because they bring joy to my life. Something a demons fan might not realize, up until the last two weeks, is possible to get from the club you support.

I accept that part of what I pay goes on ensuring that we have a league to play in.

in terms of challenging on grand final day i really feel it's

wc

daylight

melb

If Richmond can win the flag anyone can. I reckon Adelaide and Essendon both have better overall lists then Richmond and they are not even in the 8. Anything is possible. Richmond is hardly the 2003 Brisbane Lions. They are beatable.

If Richmond can win the flag anyone can. I reckon Adelaide and Essendon both have better overall lists then Richmond and they are not even in the 8. Anything is possible. Richmond is hardly the 2003 Brisbane Lions. They are beatable.
Martin and Rance are better than anyone on Adelaide’s or Essendons list, and it arguable that Riewoldt may be better than anyone on their lists as well

If you don't like it, piss off back to the WAFL

Go back to the days when ALL the best players didnt play in one comp not that some would even notice. In the early 80s Stephen Michael was the best footballer going round & didnt look foe one Brownlow vote.

Nah. That’s just a crappy myth. Aussie rules wouldn’t have disappeared from Victoria suddenly had west coast not joined.

You joined a league. You don’t like how that league is run, so why continue to support said league?

Lol you obviously don't know history.

Go read up some before commenting about it. You make yourself look silly.

The Eagles will send the Demons home, the Çhoir Boys they are under their cloaks. Packing their Demon tails firmly between their legs.

A mate on the Eagle list told me, they will bash and crash Melbourne into submission early, focused firstly on they're defenders.

Are you the full quid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have been to your supposed house of pain about 6 weeks ago. We won.

The same thing is going to happen again this Saturday, will you boo the Melbourne club song after the game when you lose again?

Shows how much you know.

West coast didn't come from the wafl.

Unlike Melbourne who came from the vfl.
So if you don't like it piss off back there.

The gf should either be hosted at the venue of the top side or rotated around the country each year.

It's time you Victorian flogs started to realise it's the AFL not the vfl.

If it wasn't for the Eagles our be supporting a darts side right now.

blah, blah, blah, MCG, advantage Victoria, blah, blah, blah.

This shit gets old. The MCG is the home of footy. It is the only stadium big enough to hold a game of the magnitude of the Grand Final.

I'm sure Western Australians just go on with this in order to give themselves an out for not winning the grand final

blah, blah, blah, MCG, advantage Victoria, blah, blah, blah.

This shit gets old. The MCG is the home of footy. It is the only stadium big enough to hold a game of the magnitude of the Grand Final.

I'm sure Western Australians just go on with this in order to give themselves an out for not winning the grand final
Mate we’ve won three grand finals in the last 30 years. How many have you won?

I pay to support west coast because they bring joy to my life. Something a demons fan might not realize, up until the last two weeks, is possible to get from the club you support.

I accept that part of what I pay goes on ensuring that we have a league to play in.
You just said you pay to keep clubs like mine alive

Again, I’ll ask, if the comp is rigged against west coast, why do you pay to support it?
Lol you obviously don't know history.

Go read up some before commenting about it. You make yourself look silly.
so you’re suggesting that Aussie rules would no longer be played in Victoria if west coast hadn’t joined the VFL? Every league statewide would have died hey?

Probably best not to condescend to others, even your fellow west coast fans disagree with you

Nah it wouldn't have died, there is too much support for it. But a lot of teams would now be non existent. Melbourne could have been one of them, in the 1990s there was talk of a Hawthorn merger due to their financial troubles. WC bring in so much damn money for the AFL its ridiculous. We don't even get to keep most of it because we got to support the scroungers.

Bring on Saturday so one team can just eat salt already. This thread can be summed up as

"We beat you in round 22."
"We had no Darling or Kennedy."

And around we go.
Exactly my point.

Just sick of seeing west coast fans whinging about how the AFL is out to get them and is against them. Pretty dumb to pay money to something that you feel is rigged against you.

If I felt the AFL was rigged against Melbourne I’d stop following it and only follow local footy.

Mate we’ve won three grand finals in the last 30 years. How many have you won?
So why do all of these supporters keep on sooking about the location of the grand final?

Exactly my point.

Just sick of seeing west coast fans whinging about how the AFL is out to get them and is against them. Pretty dumb to pay money to something that you feel is rigged against you.

If I felt the AFL was rigged against Melbourne I’d stop following it and only follow local footy.

So if supporters see an issue they should just stop following the sport? No need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

So if supporters see an issue they should just stop following the sport? No need to throw the baby out with the bath water.
Now we are just going around in circles
Supporters seeing an issue is seperate to those claiming that a contract that has been extended for 40 years is rigging the league against their club. Whinging that the league is against you won’t rip up the contract, hence the point that they should stop following the sport.

Again, why pay money to follow a sport that you claim is rigged against you?

How do you reckon this game will go mate? I am expecting it to be a great match. Bias me tips the Eagles but you guys have been awesome and if you roll us it will not surprise me.
It will come down to sustained pressure and I reckon you have a bit on us in that department, having said that we keep getting the job done.
Hope its a cracker.
Since our trip to perth our pressure has been great. Our biggest weakness is bombing into our f50 which is a strength of your defence, our previous game was our best for lowering our eyes, hard to expect that again. Your midfield was supposed to be your weakness but they have really stood up, yeo the standout even if gaff was playing. I think we take the midfield win, harmes will go to yeo, who will hutchins go to? Most would say oliver but it seems every touch of vineys is inspirational for his team mates. I think you fwd line is probably the toughest talls our backs have come up against. Frost and o'mac to darling and Kennedy then all we have left is hibberd for vardy. We might bring smith in for his pace to intercept and push back to fill space, but still a big task.
If hibberd plays on vardy that will cut down him influencing other contests because he will have the marking threat of vardy and you guys might try to isolate the miss match deep if our change overs are slack, but will push hard in offence.
If smith comes in it would push fritsch up to the wing and would benefit our team more.
I think west coast by 3 goals, if we lose I will be disappointed but happy with the season. Its nice knowing that if you win, we would have made you earn it.
To the nuffies saying you were gifted a gf because of home ground advantage, they earned that through 22 rounds. Home and away.
One thing i hate is the constant booing. I hate it when melbourne fans boo for stupid reasons and it seems every west coast fan is like that, i dont think i could cope haha!

Amongst the team that picked up the remains of the D's in 2013 was Paul Roos as coach, Peter Jackson as CEO & Glen Bartlett as el Presidente.
See MFC's release when Bartlett joined the Board: http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-07-12/former-eagle-joins-melbourne-board

Bartlett is one of the lesser-known inaugural Eagles, a big key-position player from East Perth who managed 4 games in the gold and blue in 1987 & 153 games for East Perth.

Happy to see Bartlett putting his considerable skills to rebuild this very old footy club from the very low base it was in. Shades of Eagles !992 premiership winning president Richard Colless going to Sydney &being an integral part of regenerating the club.

Good luck Glen, just not this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back