North Melbourne v West Coast.. who will be better in 2024?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Flip a coin really we went 1-1 last year. Both have a quality full forward and good developing mids. Defence could be the difference if Gov and Barrass can stay fit. Losing McKay and having Pink and Nyuon for the first half of the year as the tall defenders doesn't look very good.

Pink, Dawson, Corr - talls

Goater sheezel Mckercher - smalls

McDonald fisher - bench

The marked difference today, that can’t be denied is our substantial increase in fitness and to a lesser degree, speed.

Fitness was a massive issue for us last year and we’ve now got sheez, Stephens, Scott, Mckercher and Simpkin who are all elite runners. Maybe Lazzaro too.

Not to mentioned the across the board fitness increases we’ve seen, especially to inside mids in ldu, Wardlaw, Powell and Phillips.

It was 35 degrees today and we ran it our way better than we would have this time last year.

I think we are a sneaky chance to finish just outside of the bottom 4 with a good run with injuries.

I think Eagles will almost certainly be bottom 2.
I think the eagles are a sneaky chance to be outside the botton 4 with a good run with injuries.

I think North will almost certainly be bottom 2

Not just copying ur comment, but the arguments for both are just as valid

West coast so hard to predict given its bad run of injuries.
North have a young but decent midfield plus Larkey coming on very nicely
But there's still a lot of holes to plug and the backline is a worry
Flip a coin really we went 1-1 last year. Both have a quality full forward and good developing mids. Defence could be the difference if Gov and Barrass can stay fit. Losing McKay and having Pink and Nyuon for the first half of the year as the tall defenders doesn't look very good.
My sentiments exactly

I think North's backline will hold it back from making any big strides up the ladder this year but they have enough talent across the rest of the field to limit that damage. Especially with a coach like Clarko who is great at covering areas of weakness.

This is the first year i think expectations of improvement should be put on North. Now that doesn't mean finals contender but i think they should be hoping to move out of that bottom 2 and i do think they should be clear of West Coast.
This is pretty close to my take. We're extremely young this year and that along with the backline finding its feet is a natural question mark but I'm very comfortable we've hit the bottom and on our way back up now.

Pink, Dawson, Corr - talls

Goater sheezel Mckercher - smalls

McDonald fisher - bench

The marked difference today, that can’t be denied is our substantial increase in fitness and to a lesser degree, speed.

Fitness was a massive issue for us last year and we’ve now got sheez, Stephens, Scott, Mckercher and Simpkin who are all elite runners. Maybe Lazzaro too.

Not to mentioned the across the board fitness increases we’ve seen, especially to inside mids in ldu, Wardlaw, Powell and Phillips.

It was 35 degrees today and we ran it our way better than we would have this time last year.

Last year we couldn't run out the 2nd quarter in the middle of June. Stark difference already.

Comben and Corr will be our key defenders

And Logue won’t be far away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comben and Corr will be our key defenders

And Logue won’t be far away

Corr is average at best, Comben still has to learn his trade down back. Logie is not back until much later.

Your kids are inadequate. Pink may be the best. Few of the small mediums down back showed much inclination to… you know .. actually defend.

Corr is average at best, Comben still has to learn his trade down back. Logie is not back until much later.

Your kids are inadequate. Pink may be the best. Few of the small mediums down back showed much inclination to… you know .. actually defend.
Goater will be important in that regard. For a comparison, he’s bigger than Rampe. Looks strong in the loose tall defender role.

Dawson has looked the pick of our KPDs this offseason.

Goater will be important in that regard. For a comparison, he’s bigger than Rampe. Looks strong in the loose tall defender role.

Dawson has looked the pick of our KPDs this offseason.

Has Goater improved his fitness? At one stage he couldn’t run out of sight on a foggy night.

North Melbourne should finish higher, and it would be quite concerning if West Coast go past them this year given how much talent North have had access to in recent years.

Back