St Kilda v Western Bulldogs.. who will be better in 2024?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Drafting sanders helps us. He's better then any of the young saints mids already
Are you referring to Steele, Crouch or Seb Ross??
Maybe he is referring to Phillipou? After all, Sanders is just 25 days younger than Pou.

All Phillipou has over Sanders (aside from being 3 weeks older) is 24 more AFL games experience, a rising star nom, and playing midfield in a final at the G while Sanders was running around in school footy. But close

Maybe he is referring to Phillipou? After all, Sanders is just 25 days younger than Pou.

All Phillipou has over Sanders (aside from being 3 weeks older) is 24 more AFL games experience, a rising star nom, and playing midfield in a final at the G while Sanders was running around in school footy. But close

9 touches (7 handballs) , 1 clearance, 56% disposal efficiency, 0 tackles in a 4 goal loss. Great midfield game.

You should’ve stopped at the rising star nom, instead you decided to embarrass the poor kid.

As a neutral, Phillipou the better talent, Sanders should be a better pure midfielder though.

Probably right. I reckon Sanders will be very good and I'm gonna enjoy watching him run around for Tassie in a few years.

Or maybe Sanders is already better than Owens (4th in B & F in finals team)?

The more I read in this thread, the keener I get on St. Kilda and the less enthusiastic I get about the Doggies.

Smith will be a massive loss this year, Bont can't have a better year than he had in 2023, and Libba/Macrae/Treloar aren't getting any younger. Whilst St. Kilda have some incredible young talent who will only get better with another year under their belts.

I reckon the Saints are primed for top 8, pushing top 4, and now leaning towards the Doggies spending another season looking on in September, which would mean bye, bye Bevo.

Its worth noting how many games we lost by small margins last season. Really wouldnt take a lot to go right to be back in the finals

You'd think after the pletha of AFL gifts the WB have received they'ed be far better.

I think the dogs have more talent overall, and in the right age bracket to compete right now. If they've sorted out the structure around Bevo i'd be surprised if they missed finals.
We are an iffy proposition, things look pretty decent but trajectory is rarely linear (Freo of 2023 would be a prime example).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't underestimate the power of Bigfooty to invent fantasy players...

St Kilda are probably the biggest sleeper team of 2024 when they bring their A game.
2025. They'll get a good mid to add to their mix (cap space) and should be pushing for top 4

Both sides are likely to make finals, and could get into top4 if all goes their way.

Saints likely to make top4, bulldogs could get there too as they have some real upside

I feel that the Saints are jinxed. We always start the season with too many injuries. It has happened again this year. We could/should have been 4 and 0 and equal top right now if we had a full list to pick from.

Let's put it this way, if we are not jinxed then everyone in Training Services should be sacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back