2016 Geelong
2017 Richmond
2018 Richmond
2019 Richmond
2020 Richmond
2021 Geelong
2022 Geelong
2023 Geelong.

I would say it is more than possible Richmond could finish higher this year. It has been happening most years. ;)
I like how you chose a very specific short amount of time.

Now do the AFL era 🍿

Nine reporting Tom Lynch already ruled out of the opening round and hoping to get back for the second week. Ruling him out more than a month before the match must put question marks over his availability for the first chunk of the year.

I hope he gets back to his best. Super player and probably the most important player on the Richmond side. But when he's missed every milestone in his recovery and Balta has spent his whole preseason up forward you've got to wonder if the recovery is still going worse than Richmond are saying.

Nine reporting Tom Lynch already ruled out of the opening round and hoping to get back for the second week. Ruling him out more than a month before the match must put question marks over his availability for the first chunk of the year.

I hope he gets back to his best. Super player and probably the most important player on the Richmond side. But when he's missed every milestone in his recovery and Balta has spent his whole preseason up forward you've got to wonder if the recovery is still going worse than Richmond are saying.

It has been suggested Lynch is expected to be right for about round 3 if nothing goes wrong. You would think it would take him a while after that to get anywhere near his best. Richmond are a different team with him in it compared to him missing, 2022 v 2023 showed that pretty clearly.

Well he's on the track in boots (photo today), so he is moving forward. All summer Richmond have said he is going really well and on track for maybe rd.1, so it looks as through it is going pretty much to plan. He has been doing a lot of running and has just started basic footy work. I imagine running and jumping is the next stage of a slow build up. We plan two games 5 days apart, so he was never going to play both.

Not really, it just ends the media speculation and avoids the travel and a 5-day break to round 1. There's an article in the age today where he says his foot is completely healed so now just needs to get the km's in the legs. All signs are positive at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he really wouldn't.

There's a strong case for Dusty to be considered the best finals player we've ever seen, but he's a fair way off GAJ as a footballer.

What more do you want after that? He’s won everything in the game. GAJ hasn’t.

Richmond board please. Your delusion is dragging down the quality around here, and that's saying something.

It’s true though he’s won a greater variety of awards than GAJ. GAJ was just more consistent in H&A, that’s it. But I get a lot of people value that. Just not me.

It’s true though he’s won a greater variety of awards than GAJ. GAJ was just more consistent in H&A, that’s it. But I get a lot of people value that. Just not me.

You probably would if you weren’t a Richmond supporter.

I get it. Some people are able to post with balance, others can’t look beyond their supported club.

You probably would if you weren’t a Richmond supporter.

I get it. Some people are able to post with balance, others can’t look beyond their supported club.

Nah, I generally believe what the actual records say. That’s all.

I mean Cotchin, Cooney, Priddis, Mitchell beat GAJ in the Brownlow and coaches awards. Says everything really. His peak wasn’t that great he was just good for a long time. That doesn’t impress me.

Nah, I generally believe what the actual records say. That’s all.

I mean Cotchin, Cooney, Priddis, Mitchell beat GAJ in the Brownlow and coaches awards. Says everything really. His peak wasn’t that great he was just good for a long time. That doesn’t impress me.
That's OK, because I understand GAJ isn't overly impressed with your analytical skills.

That doesn’t impress me.

Gotta tell you, that makes me even more confident in my original statement.

You've outed yourself as a troll and a really ******* poor one at that. There's nothing more to it than that, really.

You've outed yourself as a troll and a really ******* poor one at that. There's nothing more to it than that, really.

You think I’m trolling because I prefer a players peak and finals performances over consistency in H&A? 🤷‍♂️

He’s just produced this gem in the Ablett vs Carey thread:

‘Lockett was a better player than Carey but Carey was greater because he won flags.’

You think I’m trolling because I prefer a players peak and finals performances over consistency in H&A? 🤷‍♂️

No, I think you’re trolling because you’re an alias and you think Dusty is a better player than GAJ, and have the gall to suggest it’s not because you’re a Richmond fanboy.

Who exactly are you trying to kid?

No, I think you’re trolling because you’re an alias and you think Dusty is a better player than GAJ, and have the gall to suggest it’s not because you’re a Richmond fanboy.

Who exactly are you trying to kid?

What I just mentioned before is why I think he’s better. When you have the most decorated season ever and most decorated finals resume ever I actually think it’s ludicrous to think there isn’t an argument to be made. Is that not fair enough?

Dusty has broken so many AFL/VFL records it isn’t even funny.

I’ll ask you another question. Who are you taking in a GF or any final for that matter. Dusty or GAJ? Exactly.

So maybe think about who’s actually being ridiculous, everybody would take Dusty when it matters, that’s what makes him better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back