Who will be better in 2024? Crows or Port?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows haven't beaten a top 4 team outside of SA since 2012.
Port haven't beaten a top 4 team outside of SA since 2015.

To put into perspective how bad this is, even perennial basketcase Gold Coast beat a top 4 team outside of QLD in 2022.
To win silverware you need to be able to beat the best teams anywhere, anytime and neither SA team has been able to do so for a long time.
Both teams have had terrible management for ages. Although, Pyke for The Crows was great until September 30th, 2017.

Had The Crows got Hardwick as a coach, made a few list changes, I could have understood people thinking The Crows were a chance to overtake Port, but I'm surprised people think The Crows are any chance to overtake Port, Port have a far superior experienced list and The Crows management is sub-par with a very inexperienced list.
Port are all over the place with Ken. Could see them in a GF or missing the 8. Crows look relatively safe for a finals berth assuming Tex can kick 70 again.

But its mostly that we have Ports 1st and I want them to suck.

Crows look relatively safe for a finals berth assuming Tex can kick 70 again.
Relatively safe? They're very inexperienced, and Tex carried them, last year. I don't think they can rely on their veterans yet again. Kicking 70 + goals a year is a rarity. The Crows will fall, this year.

Port are all over the place with Ken. Could see them in a GF or missing the 8. Crows look relatively safe for a finals berth assuming Tex can kick 70 again.

But its mostly that we have Ports 1st and I want them to suck.
That's a pretty big assumption for "relatively safe"

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keep an eye on Pedlar next year too, he can do a bit of Dusty Martin's tricks to bully himself and the ball forward, penetrate and kick goals. We wish he can be as good as Dusty when we need him to be.
Pedlar had 7 disposals at 28% efficiency at one point tonight.

You can park the Dusty comparison. 😂

Had The Crows got Hardwick as a coach, made a few list changes, I could have understood people thinking The Crows were a chance to overtake Port, but I'm surprised people think The Crows are any chance to overtake Port, Port have a far superior experienced list and The Crows management is sub-par with a very inexperienced list.
Port are stuck with Hinkley.
That's why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did miss those 2 (pedlar and thilthorpe) meant to write them down but forgot.

Didn’t bother noting guys who haven’t had much exposure to afl like I skipped guys like Jackson Scully for port.

Still not a clear gap between the two groups.
Lol JHF is only guy in your group I’d pay much attention too

Ken Hinkley is a great coach because his sides never bottom out.
Not sure what point you're making.

He's not a great coach. Great coaches win premierships. He does however have a better win loss record than most in H&A matches.

The not bottoming out thing is likely driven by the board who would worry about the financial implications of several seasons at the bottom of the ladder.

Adelaide finished with higher percentage for a reason, the wins gap came from the difference in our close games. Crows should have been at a inexperienced doesn’t hold us back from finals.

Unfortunately it’s become clear Rahilky was compensating for Nicks poor tactics

Nah Hinkley is a better coach than Nicks
I'd put them in the same realm where they're both average and there's many more superior senior coaches around. Although, Nicks hasn't made finals, but his list has been shocking. A better senior coach may have been able to make list changes accordingly and have the team rely less on individual players, and act as a better collective.

Back