Who will be better in 2024? Geelong or Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

If professional afl clubs can’t adapt to a difference in ground dimensions then stiff, that is their issue and a talent one. Adaptability is a sign of skill.

If Richmond want to play some home games at geelong then be our guest to request it.

4 premierships won at the MCG clearly shows we have no issues playing at the ground or winning there. You seem to struggle grasping simple concepts

There is a whole thread on it. Go read it. Most people think it’s rigged. It’s just a fact. You even had a chance to upgrade the dimensions in your renovation like Optus. But surprise surprise, you kept it the same. Geelong FC wants to keep their advantage.

Why? That sucks for me, um, how, exactly? Guy I haven’t met worked for two agencies in his job?

Oh yeah I’m going to have to change jobs myself over that one

F**ken have a listen to yourself

Because he wasn’t a one club player. Please don’t pretend you wouldn’t have preferred to keep him. None of this I’m ok with either decision crap. It it was your choice you’d keep him. like a normal supporter.

Anyway I’ll take a break from this thread now. I’m getting off topic.

There is a whole thread on it. Go read it. Most people think it’s rigged. It’s just a fact. You even had a chance to upgrade the dimensions in your renovation like Optus. But surprise surprise, you kept it the same. Geelong FC wants to keep their advantage.
rigged?? Have we set up land mines across the field that I am unaware of?? Are the umpires paid bribery?? Do the goal posts move when opposition kick for goal?? Honestly you can’t even put basic arguments forward. It’s not “rigged”

Because he wasn’t a one club player. Please don’t pretend you wouldn’t have preferred to keep him. None of this I’m ok with either decision crap. It it was your choice you’d keep him. like a normal supporter.

Anyway I’ll take a break from this thread now. I’m getting off topic.

Of course I’m ok with either decision - he’s a f**king human being you clown 😂😂😂

What am I his remote controller in a video game? Yes of course from a ‘would I have liked him out there during the 2013 preliminary final’ perspective it would have been nice but stiff s**t, we still fielded 22 players and led the whole game, we should have won it, who the f**k cares: he’s a bloke like you or me, he has a right to do his job wherever the hell he likes.

If someone does a Tom Hawkins and takes pay cuts or whatever to keep others at a club, then that’s great and absolutely it is fantastic and more power to them but I’m not about to tell someone who has at best 17-18 years to make their living, to take a 50 per cent pay cut so that I can ‘feel better about them being a one club player’ 😂😂😂 how f**king entitled is that bahahahaha

I’m a fat c**t 750 kilometres away who watches a bunch of blokes kick a ball mate.

‘Oh please put your entire life plans on hold so I can tell people you only played for one jersey’

Sorry we had the chance to what? Move an entire street, which runs along the narrow side of the ground, and the city block adjoining the other side of that street?

Do you literally EVER check anything?

Like anything? Google ‘Kardinia Park from above’ and then try and work out where the extra room would come from and then make some calls to the people that extra room would put into homelessness 😂

And just to reiterate:

Optus didn’t get renovated.

It got built.

It was a brand new stadium.

Does anyone else remember when this was a decent thread, where people could discuss who would be better this year? Ah, those were the days.
Everyone with half a brain knows the answer to the thread title is "Geelong".

Therefore a sensible ongoing discussion on the thread topic is very limited due to the obviousness of the answer. Of course there was the amusement we all got from arguing the point with the Richmond supporters who think otherwise. But that kinda went stale after a while as it does.

So out of necessity discussion has diverted to other topics that can keep us amused.

Everyone with half a brain knows the answer to the thread title is "Geelong".

Therefore a sensible ongoing discussion on the thread topic is very limited due to the obviousness of the answer. Of course there was the amusement we all got from arguing the point with the Richmond supporters who think otherwise. But that kinda went stale after a while as it does.

So out of necessity discussion has diverted to other topics that can keep us amused.
It's possible Richmond could finish higher this year. A bad injury run for Geelong and we could struggle. A good injury run and players finding form for Richmond and they could make the 8. It's not the order I'd bet on though.

But I love this thread.

Every few days you get to hear of another Richmond VFL player who is actually a gun that Hardwick and McQualter overlooked.

Or you get to see 57 game superstar Ivan Soldo used as an example of how no other club can match Richmond's drafting with late picks.

It's really wonderful stuff.

It's possible Richmond could finish higher this year. A bad injury run for Geelong and we could struggle. A good injury run and players finding form for Richmond and they could make the 8. It's not the order I'd bet on though.

But I love this thread.

Every few days you get to hear of another Richmond VFL player who is actually a gun that Hardwick and McQualter overlooked.

Or you get to see 57 game superstar Ivan Soldo used as an example of how no other club can match Richmond's drafting with late picks.

It's really wonderful stuff.

2015 Richmond
2016 Geelong
2017 Richmond
2018 Richmond
2019 Richmond
2020 Richmond
2021 Geelong
2022 Geelong
2023 Geelong.

I would say it is more than possible Richmond could finish higher this year. It has been happening most years. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2015 Richmond
2016 Geelong
2017 Richmond
2018 Richmond
2019 Richmond
2020 Richmond
2021 Geelong
2022 Geelong
2023 Geelong.

I would say it is more than possible Richmond could finish higher this year. It has been happening most years. ;)
So besides the last 3 years, this century and over the last 40 years.

Spot on.

Richmond had 3 x top 3 picks in that period. We drafted 1. Deledio, 2. Cotchin 3. Martin.

Now go and have a look at the 33 x top 3 picks 2000-09.

2000 - N Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Didak
2001 - Hodge, Ball, Judd
2002 - Goddard,Wells, Brennan
2003 - Cooney, Walker, Sylvia
2004 - Deledio, Roughead, Griffen
2005 - Murphy, Thomas, Ellis
2006 - Gibbs, Gumbleton, Hansen
2007 - Kreuzer, Cotchin, Mastern
2008 - Watts, Naitanui, Hill
2009 - Scully, Trengove, Martin
2010 - Swallow, Bennell, Day

You don't just get automatically gifted great players because you have a top 3 pick. 12 of the 33, the ones I highlighted in red, I would say were straight out disappointing for top 3 picks, some naturally for reasons to do with injury. Those 10 not bolded or in red were probably ok for a top 3 pick without achieving anything too great overall in their careers. And the 11 bolded are the players you would probably say had very strong careers. Richmond had 3 attempts at it and got 3 in the top 33% with those picks, arguably including the best of the lot in Martin. That Richmond did that with a hugely under-staffed recruiting department is a real feather in the cap of the club's recruiters.
I just know you were licking your lips when I said top 3 so we could overlook the whole Buddy/Tambling fiasco with pick 4. :grinv1:

Geelong will finish higher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back