Who will be better in 2024? Sydney or GWS?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That is very true. Good comparison.

Another comparison could be to Collingwood last year. New coach, bottom four side and having an ordinary start to the year. Both sides got on a roll and lost a prelim on the road by under a kick.

Of course we know what happened with the pies. I believe the Giants have even more talent.
Port drank their own bathwater after 2014 and it showed with on field results in following years.
Collingwood after 2022 were the opposite as McRae was never going to allow any sort of bathwater drinking.

Do GWS drink their own bathwater after 2023? I doubt it knowing Kingsley, but the Giants didn't add anyone of note during trade period due to salary cap constraints, and this along with a tougher fixture could see them come back to the pack a bit.

Combined Sydney & GWS side...

B: Mills, Taylor, Blakey
HB: Whitfield, McCartin, Ash
C: Gulden, Green, Kelly
HF: Greene, Himmelberg, Parker
F: Papley, McDonald, Heeney
R: Grundy, Warner, Coniglio
I: Idun, Rowbottom, Perryman, Hogan
Sub: Callaghan

Nice team ... but Buckley is way ahead of McCartin and not sure about Harry playing forward.

Nice team ... but Buckley is way ahead of McCartin and not sure about Harry playing forward.
No obvious 2nd key forward & plenty of key defenders to choose from... so picked side for balance.

Would win a flag easily with the combined talent.

No obvious 2nd key forward & plenty of key defenders to choose from... so picked side for balance.

Would win a flag easily with the combined talent.
Yeah, I get the balance in having him there. It is a good side alright. I'd probably run Daniels as another small and have Toby or Heeney play chf

Last edited:

Nice side BUT
McLean over Himmelberg - contributes the whole game and cut out ruck. On the bench, Hogan FF, McDonald CHF.
Brent Daniels on the bench instead of Perryman. Three very different small forwards.
Mills and Parker can rotate through the midfield so having only one on the bench is OK.
Nice.

Really too close to call with these two lists.

Will come down to injuries to key players.

As mentioned Swans are a bit undermanned in tall defenders and don't have huge depth in that area. However expect Grundy to help the defense by pushing back a kick behind play, especially at the shorter SCG where you don't need a CHF as much.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgusted The Golden Girls GIF

Back