Who will be better in 2024? Crows or Port?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what point you're making.

He's not a great coach. Great coaches win premierships. He does however have a better win loss record than most in H&A matches.

The not bottoming out thing is likely driven by the board who would worry about the financial implications of several seasons at the bottom of the ladder.
Hinkley has a better win percentage than Choco, Clarkson and Hardwick.
Hinkley has overseen a complete turnover of Port's list without bottoming out, sure he hasn't won any silverware but it's highly difficult to win premierships without bottoming out.

Truth is only the great clubs rebuild and win premierships without bottoming out, look no further than my own club.
Sydney did it too but they had leg ups in the form of cola and academies.

Hinkley has a better win percentage than Choco, Clarkson and Hardwick.
Hinkley has overseen a complete turnover of Port's list without bottoming out, sure he hasn't won any silverware but it's highly difficult to win premierships without bottoming out.

Truth is only the great clubs rebuild and win premierships without bottoming out, look no further than my own club.
Sydney did it too but they had leg ups in the form of cola and academies.
I think this maybe bait, no supporter base would ever go for a pitch made by a potential senior coach where they make their case they will not make a grand final as coach for their first 11 seasons and probably soon to be longer.

I think this maybe bait, no supporter base would ever go for a pitch made by a potential senior coach where they make their case they will not make a grand final as coach for their first 11 seasons and probably soon to be longer.
It's not bait to say that Hinkley is a good home and away season coach. He objectively is. His record in terms of winning % stacks up well against most other coaches, as pointed out above.
Given that this thread is about who will finish higher, Port or Adelaide, this is an important point to consider.

Pedlar had 7 disposals at 28% efficiency at one point tonight.

You can park the Dusty comparison. 😂
I didn't think you'd be gloating after Hawthorn's start to the season!

Pedlar poor, but he still broke away from packs and tried to boot several goals, just needs to lower his eyes.

I didn't think you'd be gloating after Hawthorn's start to the season!

Pedlar poor, but he still broke away from packs and tried to boot several goals, just needs to lower his eyes.
Who is gloating?

Just calling out your ridiculous statement.

Now I know you didn't watch the game, so just settle down, and I didn't give a ridiculous statement, I said we wish he'd be as good as Martin.
I watched him butcher the ball, and Stewart carve up.

Yeah, I can't imagine why Pedlar was on Stewart.
0 CBA’s too, when he was apparently going to be moving towards being a full time mid this year?

Desperately trying to deflect to Hawthorn is amusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What part of my post is bait, exactly?
I posted relevant facts such as win percentage and the fact it's very difficult to turn over a list without bottoming out - yet alone turning over a list and winning premierships without bottoming out, which is what my club has managed to do.

Port have failed to bring home the bacon in September, but it's easy to forget they had similar issues under Mark Williams - after all Port were famous for being labelled as chokers during that era.

What part of my post is bait, exactly?
You're also acting as if Hinkley's been there in a very short period without any resources, and you're comparing him to a successful coach in Choco Williams, which is a false equivalent, because Choco coached Port to 1 premiership and made 2 grand finals within 214 matches even after "choking" in finals, unlike Hinkley who has made 0 grand finals in 250 matches coached, which he's been far more amble opportunity with far more resources than Choco.
I posted relevant facts such as win percentage and the fact it's very difficult to turn over a list without bottoming out - yet alone turning over a list and winning premierships without bottoming out, which is what my club has managed to do.
Geelong made 2 grand finals and won 1 premiership during Hinkley's tenure, another false equivalent. Ignoring his finals record I feel you're trying to bait people with, since that's the big elephant in the room for Hinkley. If Hinkley coached Geelong or any other club for over 11 seasons without a grand final appearance, those supporters would be livid. It's obvious there's a long list of superior coaches than Hinkley. Grant Thomas who worked with Hinkley as coach admitted Hinkley is inferior to other coaches.
Port have failed to bring home the bacon in September, but it's easy to forget they had similar issues under Mark Williams - after all Port were famous for being labelled as chokers during that era.
This is a big false equivalent like I said earlier, Choco was actually successful and coached a premiership in his 143rd match at Port with far less resources, unlike Hinkley who hasn't even made a grand final in 250 matches, which is a record at any one club. Hinkley therefore has had the most amble opportunity out of all failed senior coaches.

Crows look shot already.
Disturbing lack of run through the middle and forward line looks impotent if Walker is held.
Admittedly had a tough draw but making the 8 from here looks a battle

We won’t. The ball movement and inside 50s have gone completely stagnant, and that was the very thing that made us dangerous last year.

I’ve often given Nicks a pass for being tactically off at times because I thought he was building the culture up, but it now seems obvious that this is probably the time to pass the baton over. We’ve gone backwards in a big way this year.

Crows have lost their heart and soul …

View attachment 1943626

I know this is a piss take but it’s actually not far from the truth.

Rowe was a limited footballer because of his lack of athleticism and fitness. However he had skills and was composed with ball in hand. Yet he had to fight for every game he got.

Meanwhile players who can’t kick a football and fumble constantly like Murphy and Keays are 100 game players and in the leadership group.

At the moment we massively undervalue players who are clean and use the footy well. It’s currently showing, where is the incentive for our younger players to develop their skills and decision making when that is an aspect of the game that is not valued at selection?

Crows look shot already.
Disturbing lack of run through the middle and forward line looks impotent if Walker is held.
Admittedly had a tough draw but making the 8 from here looks a battle
Yeah, they're very inexperienced and their coach and culture are bad. Not sure why people thought they'd be better than last year, they relied on their veterans, last year, I was very confident they'd fall down the ladder, this year.

I know this is a piss take but it’s actually not far from the truth.

Rowe was a limited footballer because of his lack of athleticism and fitness. However he had skills and was composed with ball in hand. Yet he had to fight for every game he got.

Meanwhile players who can’t kick a football and fumble constantly like Murphy and Keays are 100 game players and in the leadership group.

At the moment we massively undervalue players who are clean and use the footy well. It’s currently showing, where is the incentive for our younger players to develop their skills and decision making when that is an aspect of the game that is not valued at selection?

Young Reid signed off on young Rowe as a feel good story ahead of local Adelaide player Beau McCreery !!
Can you see what’s wrong here?
Now you can argue that Ogilvie had a hand in this, but even so, both he and young Reid were appointed by Ricciuto who is also a protected species of the Adelaide crows old boy variety.
The operation is rotten to the core …

We won’t. The ball movement and inside 50s have gone completely stagnant, and that was the very thing that made us dangerous last year.

I’ve often given Nicks a pass for being tactically off at times because I thought he was building the culture up, but it now seems obvious that this is probably the time to pass the baton over. We’ve gone backwards in a big way this year.
Agreed... Some of the crows best 2023 wins came off the back of excellent performances of some of the older players aged 30 or older.

Back