Who will be better in 2024? Geelong or Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

What I just mentioned before is why I think he’s better.
Yeah we know. And that's exactly why nobody is taking you seriously.

When you have the most decorated season ever and most decorated finals resume ever I actually think it’s ludicrous to think there isn’t an argument to be made. Is that not fair enough?
No, not when you're comparing the player to arguably the greatest player of all time.

It's like saying you're taking Bobby Hill over Eddie Betts because one won a Norm Smith and the other didn't win a flag.

Perhaps when we take the Richmond factor out of it, you'll realize how absurd that sounds. Somehow I doubt it, though.

Dusty has broken so many AFL/VFL records it isn’t even funny.

Cool, good on him. He's fairly recognized as a superstar and arguably the game's greatest ever finals player.

I’ll ask you another question. Who are you taking in a GF or any final for that matter. Dusty or GAJ? Exactly.

'Exactly'. Oh you really got me there!

It's almost as though in your own fanboy delusion you've not actually read anything posted at all. I've acknowledged Dusty is arguably the greatest finals performer of all time. He's certainly my #1 in that regard.

So maybe think about who’s actually being ridiculous

I have. It's still you. And if you're going to speak on behalf of everyone I'm confident in doing the same in this instance.

Yeah we know. And that's exactly why nobody is taking you seriously.

No, not when you're comparing the player to arguably the greatest player of all time.

It's like saying you're taking Bobby Hill over Eddie Betts because one won a Norm Smith and the other didn't win a flag.

Perhaps when we take the Richmond factor out of it, you'll realize how absurd that sounds. Somehow I doubt it, though.

Cool, good on him. He's fairly recognized as a superstar and arguably the game's greatest ever finals player.

'Exactly'. Oh you really got me there!

It's almost as though in your own fanboy delusion you've not actually read anything posted at all. I've acknowledged Dusty is arguably the greatest finals performer of all time. He's certainly my #1 in that regard.

I have. It's still you. And if you're going to speak on behalf of everyone I'm confident in doing the same in this instance.

So you’re saying you think Ablett is better but you’d still take Dusty at his best when it matters most? Have I got that right?

Last edited:
So you’re saying you think Ablett is better but you’d still take Dusty at his best when it matters most? Have I got that right?

It's not hard to understand my stance. GAJ is arguably the greatest player of all time; Dusty is not at that level.

Ok, so who are you taking in finals and GFs then?

How is that at all relevant to the thread, or your initial comment about his standing in the game in comparison to GAJ? Or are you now shifting the goal posts to whatever nonsense pops inton your head first?

There must surely be a Dusty fanboy thread for you to enjoy on the Richmond board. Go enjoy yourself there, you're embarrassing yourself here.

How is that at all relevant to the thread, or your initial comment about his standing in the game in comparison to GAJ? Or are you now shifting the goal posts to whatever nonsense pops inton your head first?

There must surely be a Dusty fanboy thread for you to enjoy on the Richmond board. Go enjoy yourself there, you're embarrassing yourself here.

Ok I’ll stop if you want.

But think about whether your comment makes sense that you think GAJ is a far superior player but you wouldn’t take him over Dusty when it matters most. Maybe then you’ll understand where I am coming from and realise it’s not ridiculous position at all.

Ok I’ll stop if you want.
I don't think it's just me.

But think about whether your comment makes sense that you think GAJ is a far superior player but you wouldn’t take him over Dusty when it matters most. Maybe then you’ll understand where I am coming from and realise it’s not ridiculous position at all.

I considered it again and yes, suggesting Dusty would be the Gold Coast's best ever player if he decides to go there is about as dumb as it gets, and peak Richmond fanboy nonsense.

I don't think it's just me.

I considered it again and yes, suggesting Dusty would be the Gold Coast's best ever player if he decides to go there is about as dumb as it gets, and peak Richmond fanboy nonsense.

I don’t think you are realising the damage GAJ did to the GC. He set the club back years but sure you do you man.

I don’t think you are realising the damage GAJ did to the GC. He set the club back years but sure you do you man.

And I think your hatred of Geelong - coupled with your love for Dusty - has severely clouded your judgement.

I’d say “you do you man” in return but thankfully you’ve already said you’ll stop.

It was Ablett who set them back.
It wasn’t signing a rugby league player on a huge contract for little return.
Or Nathan Bock.
Or Michael Rischitelli.
Or Campbell Brown.
Or Nathan Krakouer.
Or Josh Fraser.
Or Daniel Harris.

And it was not even the terms of Ablett’s two deals that set the Suns back. No. It was Ablett himself.
So profound was the negative impact of his outstanding play, his strong work ethic and his dedication to training that he PERSONALLY set the club back more than these incredibly s**t signings and lack of buy-in from what were otherwise experienced, senior players could ever have done.

Campbell Graham - him breaking his own teammate’s jaw: that did way less damage to the club than Ablett having a bible study with some fellow Christians at the club 😂😂

This thread was much more fun when it was Richmond fans gushing over the lines of Jack Ross, Noah Cumberland and Tyler Sonsie. The Ablett discussion is so boring.

Come on Tiggies! Tell us again how Richmond posters know best and these guys are stars in the making but Hardwick, McQualter and now Yze are all just biased against them!

This thread was much more fun when it was Richmond fans gushing over the lines of Jack Ross, Noah Cumberland and Tyler Sonsie. The Ablett discussion is so boring.

Come on Tiggies! Tell us again how Richmond posters know best and these guys are stars in the making but Hardwick, McQualter and now Yze are all just biased against them!

Geelong will be better in 2024. Which is perfect as it will delay their rebuild.

Geelong finishing 9th-12th is just what I am hoping for. But I don’t think they are even good enough to finish 9th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BTW I love how Old Mate Sweepy only 'joined' a couple of months ago, but is already among the top posters in every single Geelong/Richmond thread (some of which are nearly a year old).

Imagine the level of obsession to pump out literally hundreds of posts in a few months, all on threads about one particular club.....

I'm imagining us winning in 2022 being a bad thing probably is some sort of meme on the Richmond board.

He's very explicit. You judge how advanced a team is in their rebuild by how long ago they won a flag. So us winning in 2022 put our rebuild back 11 years. Thankfully winning this year would only put us back 2 years.

I'm imagining us winning in 2022 being a bad thing probably is some sort of meme on the Richmond board.
Same people that said the AFL Fixture was rigged against them on their board.
They had a whole thread on it and everything.

Absolute cooked units, how obtuse do you have to be to be a MCG tenant and complain about the fixture LOL

Geelong have 8 guaranteed wins so it will be hard for Richmond to catch up and pass them. But stranger things have happened

Same people that said the AFL Fixture was rigged against them on their board.
They had a whole thread on it and everything.

Absolute cooked units, how obtuse do you have to be to be a MCG tenant and complain about the fixture LOL
I don't think Richmond has ever been fairly beaten by the better team on the day.

Every single loss is because of the umpiring, rules, fixture, "Corrupt Football League", the 17 other clubs, etc.....who are all conspiring to screw over the Tigers because we're so terrified of their almighty juggernaut.

I don't think Richmond has ever been fairly beaten by the better team on the day.

Every single loss is because of the umpiring, rules, fixture, "Corrupt Football League", the 17 other clubs, etc.....who are all conspiring to screw over the Tigers because we're so terrified of their almighty juggernaut.
Don't forget Dusty is the GOAT and anyone who disagrees doesn't know football LOL

And gastro when a lanky American pounded Rancey and the rest of the Richmond defence when it mattered. Rotten luck that.

BTW I love how Old Mate Sweepy only 'joined' a couple of months ago, but is already among the top posters in every single Geelong/Richmond thread (some of which are nearly a year old).

Imagine the level of obsession to pump out literally hundreds of posts in a few months, all on threads about one particular club.....
And with an enforced holiday courtesy of a suspension in between. It some sort of world record

He's very explicit. You judge how advanced a team is in their rebuild by how long ago they won a flag. So us winning in 2022 put our rebuild back 11 years. Thankfully winning this year would only put us back 2 years.

How did you come up with that. It’s quite concerning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back