Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Shiel doesn't want to join us after the supposed "years of courting him" then he can get stuffed and it isn't the end of the world.

Many high quality footballers will be ooc/fa next year, it only leaves our salary cap more open to make Kelly a HUGE offer instead. Plus we don't have to give up an early draft pick either so it would work out better for us commodity wise anyway.

Yeah. Plus full list back , young’s getting stronger and more experience playing in the team. Tweaking the game style to suit and training it. Shiel be right

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow if it's
Gaff toured the club 3 weeks ago. We made a massive pitch, but the feeling is he wont be coming to us. SOS and his crew are leaving nothing unturned.

Yay I guessed it correctly

But seriously everone here needs to CALM DOWN
Shiel hasn't announced anything
Trade week hasn't started
We still don't know who SOS has been dealing with
Some peeps here need to take a deep breathe and Go for a walk!!!

Funny how people will think getting Setterfield instead of Shiel and saving millions and a potential top 3 draft pick is a bad thing for Carlton...couldn't be happier myself.
I'd take Setterfield over Shiel. They just need to keep loading up on top end talent. It's going to be a pretty special side in a couple of years.

I wouldn't mind betting that SOS could also add another damn good player for what he'd save on Shiel.

Having said that, if Shiel picks Carlton I'll welcome it, but I really hope it's not at the expense of Setterfield.

Gaff toured the club 3 weeks ago. We made a massive pitch, but the feeling is he wont be coming to us. SOS and his crew are leaving nothing unturned.

Will be interesting to see if Gaff chooses North, but WCE match the bid.

In theory, Norths #10 will be going to Port for Polec, leaving North with only their 2019 first rounder to offer. That pick could be anything from 12 - 6, but if Gaff was to leave under FA, WCE would only get a pick at the end of the first round so #19 - #20.

It would be in their interest to match the bid and get something much better.

Barlow "I'd love to go to a club that might need to help be developed, but also a team that is in striking distance of a flag to have some security on their list."

........I'm guessing he'd also be quite happy to end up on the list of a club stuck in the middle of the ladder..... ;)

I'd take Setterfield over Shiel. They just need to keep loading up on top end talent. It's going to be a pretty special side in a couple of years.

I wouldn't mind betting that SOS could also add another damn good player for what he'd save on Shiel.

Having said that, if Shiel picks Carlton I'll welcome it, but I really hope it's not at the expense of Setterfield.
My thoughts exactly.

can I take my phone?

THAT STILL DOESN'T EXPLAIN WHY WE HAVEN'T SECURED ANY TRADES YET!!!

rwNqqt7.gif

Tom browne said its between us and hawks and says money or success
I wanna know what success he will get at the hawks if players are to blind to see what we are building then i dont want them
Good luck winning a flag at hawks because all i see there is a middle range club that refuses to go to the draft like geelong

Our facilities are good but a lot have gone past us especially Essendon.

I would have thought Hawthorn are similar if not a little worse and they are moving to Dingley but by the time they get everything sorted Shiel will be ready to retire.

Ok so let’s upgrade and get some modern cutting edge stuff . Why not. Let’s put this to bed .

Please consider you may be panicking early, given trade period starts in a week. And damn near every rumour is a complete fabrication.

We have a good young player nominating us already. We have a decent draft hand. We have a metric shit-ton of money to spend. We have a List Mgr who has shown nothing but a laser-like focus on rebuilding our team. It's going to be OK. We won't get everyone we want or can dream of, but we won't die wondering, either.

There's no doubt in my mind 2019 will look and feel significantly better than 2018.

Is there a way to run a program that repeats this post twice a day until the end of trade period?

Jimmae

:p

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barlow "I'd love to go to a club that might need to help be developed, but also a team that is in striking distance of a flag to have some security on their list."

........I'm guessing he'd also be quite happy to end up on the list of a club stuck in the middle of the ladder..... ;)

A good bet hedger is Mr Barlow .

If you’re gaff and you’ve been through what he’s been through I don’t think you’d want to go to a club with hefty expectations from you. He doesn’t need that pressure especially with the family health issues.
So which club offers that ? I think Melbourne. He can slip into a role and go about his business. North or carlton don’t make sense. $$ I doubt wold sway him because he’s getting a packet wherever he ends up.

I don't really like this.. if we don't get Shiel this year, we can just get Kelly next year as a Free Agent. People keep saying it as if that somehow guarantees it will happen. In reality, if we miss Shiel, its possible Kelly may just re-sign to the Giants and we'd miss out on him also. Plus what jd2010 said above.
Bolts said in an interview, that some prospective recruits are proving difficult to get over the line because they're at a stage where they prefer instant success. There's an important message to be gleaned from that comment; the fit and timing has to be right.
Anyway, dont think its that often that a building club turns it around sustainably by recruiting a single external Star; inso much as it does by recruiting a number specific warriors to fill specific needs to allow young internal stars to emerge.
I get your sentiment, but think Kelly re-signing with Giants might more likely be influenced by how Giants go than how we go.

Tom browne said its between us and hawks and says money or success
I wanna know what success he will get at the hawks if players are to blind to see what we are building then i dont want them
Good luck winning a flag at hawks because all i see there is a middle range club that refuses to go to the draft like geelong

Yep, and if a players is dumb enough to fall into Clarkos pitch and 'great plans' for the next few years..... probably dont want him around anyway.

North Melbourne haven't shown much. Sitting mid ladder for years, some young talent coming through but meh. If Hawthorn miss out on this trade/free agency period then they will go backwards. They had a very lucky run with injuries and will have a lot of players 30+ years old who they are desperate to replace over the coming seasons. We haven't proven anything but at least we have excuses for being bad which can be rectified quickly. I can still see why players would chose those teams, they appear to have less work to do. The question that I have is, why would opposition clubs just allow Hawthorn to restock? Do GWS etc really want to assist Hawthorn in quickly becoming a top side again? I would think GWS propping up their competitors would be the last thing on their list. End of the day they get a fair say.

If we miss Shiel then I wonder if that makes it easier to get Brodie and/or McGovern. I don't think the picks used to get Shiel will be used to get Setterfield, he's not worth that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back