Multiplat AFL Evolution 2 - pre-launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You talk as if you expect NBA2K, a twenty year game of evolution with massive departments working on every detail in America.

For a smallish studio in Melbourne they did a great job!

Same with Big Ant in 2011.

They both did great jobs considering the resources and budgets they had. Never going to be perfect and Evolution 2 is the first game where there is an actual upgrade upon a previous game.

This is an AFL issue, nothing more. You can't blame developers, it comes down to the AFL and Tru Blu at the end of the day.

Also, in regards to Big Ant, it would have been great had they continued on, but clearly nothing was done where BA, Tru Blu and the AFL all sat down to say, this is really important, let's get a deal done, or at least not enough to the extent where it actually happened and was successful in terms of a new game, in other areas they got to help out behind the scenes on club levels. But even when the deal wasn't done, it's not like any mad scrabbling to desperately fix that happened either. So what more can you say??

Considering that, WW have done a good job to get something decent out there, you can't blame them, they were given the green light and are doing the best they can with the team they have.

Some empathy is required here. Imagine you are a game developer and you are given the project. You have nothing created yet, how would you go at the end of your project?? Would your game be good, bad, great, a mess, Ok, mediocre. The result is going to be a balance of things, great in some areas, other areas might be lower in priority, then you have to look at the project management side, there are a lot of complexities involved. Imagine you having to make a game from nothing.

We are yet to have an AFL game that has any sort of big upgrade on its predecessor. So Evolution 2 will at least have that.

De-evolution 2 is not their first "upgrade" of a game, since they've been developing cash grab Footy titles for 10 years. I don't know where you come up with this stuff. We know why they're employed to develop it, just to push a sub par product out. You act like they've only made one game ever, when they're up to their fifth iteration, not counting their ports and add ons. They didn't do a good job. They just superficially copied things Big Ant did 8 years ago, with clunky gameplay.

De-evolution 2 is not their first "upgrade" of a game, since they've been developing cash grab Footy titles for 10 years. I don't know where you come up with this stuff. We know why they're employed to develop it, just to push a sub par product out. You act like they've only made one game ever, when they're up to their fifth iteration, not counting their ports and add ons. They didn't do a good job. They just superficially copied things Big Ant did 8 years ago, with clunky gameplay.

Then in your case especially, it was very important that BA/TB/AFL sorted a deal, it didn't happen, so you would have had no game instead.

Evolution has a lot of things that AFL Live 1 doesn't have, so I don't know how you can complain. The gameplay isn't perfect but it's a step up from other titles.

Game needs proper free-agency, proper weighting of draft picks, trading of future picks, slightly more recognisable faces, custom jumpers on X-box/PS4. Better cut-scenes. If they can add these the game will be infinitely better. Chuck in better graphics and it will be one of the best games.

Are we able to change the jumper numbers of our whole squad in the 1st AFL Evo games career mode? If not, that needs to be a thing in the next game.

The only way you can change them i believe is by creating a copy of the player in the football factory and then adding them in. Which sucks. But defs. nothing within the career. It's just the next highest available number from the user's previous geurnsey (eg. If Cyril went to Gold Coast he'd go in whatever's available from 34-onwards). Adding that in would be great :)

Also, another thing that i hope we see fixed is the crowds. Every VFL game, game at Adelaide Oval, Manuka, TIO Stadium etc. they don't have any crowd in the standing areas, so it's just blank. Hope they find a way to add them in, especially considering they're adding TIO Traeger Park and Blundstone in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I reckon this game has potential. The last game was a good first step for Wicked Witch I believe, it was never going to live up to it’s expectation, I knew that from day 1. It is a great game though for friends and family. With twistie3 behind this game helping developers with it, I truely believe this game will be good.

The face scans are more or less the same as the bulldogs ones in 2015/16 where everyone got scanned but the full likeness wasn’t full developed.

I hope new features are added to career mode or seasons mode, a more diverse Community Hub, similar to those of Don Bradman or Ashes Cricket customisation to add new stadiums or create New Jersey’s such as heritage or indigenous etc.

I believe this game will be good if there is proper backing and support from its community :)

YouTuber, he did a career mode on AFL Evo last year. He’s now working full time on the game.
What an excellent sign. Some dude that recorded videos doing game development. :rolleyes:

WW: "Can you please describe any experience you have with game engines such as Unreal or Unity, what IDEs you may have used and any proficiency with 3D design or programming languages such as C++ or C#."
T3: "Be sure hit subscribe and smash that like button!"
WW: "You're hired!"
I think it’s more for promotion and that side of things, but Twistie has done quite a few things outside of YouTube.
A hell of a lot of players being scanned. All of them?

They “scanned” everyone last time. Mostly so they could have high quality reference images so recreate them.

To be honest I reckon this game has potential. The last game was a good first step for Wicked Witch I believe, it was never going to live up to it’s expectation, I knew that from day 1.

Actually it is the third console game produced by WW and I believe their fifth AFL video game overall. The game should be a lot better than it is after so many iterations, even for a small company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back