Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finished second in 2000 (Better than Hawthorn did) and nearly won the flag with a very talented team with a lot of old and aging players most of who were former premiership guns and All Australians. Hard to see us being last in the next few years.

By 2002 we were last with just 3 wins, this was our list...

Our 2002 team comprised of Simon Beaumont (All Australian), Craig Bradley (AA, dual premiership), Scott Camporeale (AA & Premiership), Ange Christou (AA and Premiership), Matthew Lappin (AA), Glenn Manton (Premiership player), Andrew McKay (Premiership and AA), Corey McKernan (Premiership, AA, Brownlow disqualified), Brett Ratten (Premiership and AA), Lance Whitnall (AA), Anthony Koutoufides (Premiership and AA), Matthew Allen (AA), Adrian Hickmott.

Young talent: A whole heap of over rated kids who over performed because they got to play with a good core of older players and Brendan Fevola and Ryan Houlihan who were actually good.

Forget about where Hawthorn are now, lets have a look at how old they are and where they are going to be. Yes they have a core of mid 20 midfielders who are in their prime and some young kids who are pretty good but talents are over exaggerated due to the older group they have and the lack of pressure on them.

Their best 22 is old and there is a hell of a lot of them. They haven't been taking real top talent from the draft for a good while now. Their young tall stocks, key midfielders, superstar flankers and small forwards may not be there.

Yes they are in a better position we were and are gearing up to rebuild without bottoming out. But when it happens it happens very quickly.

If Hawthorn mirror our 2000 side and finish bottom 4 in finals then bottom 4 on the ladder I would not be at all surprised.
Wowee trade period is doing a number on you Batman/, I'm not getting into comparisons of lists from 2000 and drop off it is a bit ridiculous especially since we copped draft sanctions as well. Stratton could have been All-Australian, Shiels is a gun and Henderson isn't hanging on to name a few from your post. The Hawks aren't all doom and gloom like you are trying to convince yourself they are but neither are we, lets hope he chooses us

I really hope my brother didn't make this in vain, come on Dylan!
Here is something I got from a 'Good man'

560878_14e66bfd72b875ba058870261c9a026e.jpg

Also, for those curious about the credentials of the rumour, I'm pretty sure StandByyourMan is approved by resident Bluemour judge, jury and executioner zeeCFC on GWS rumblings....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We finished second in 2000 (Better than Hawthorn did) and nearly won the flag with a very talented team with a lot of old and aging players most of who were former premiership guns and All Australians. Hard to see us being last in the next few years.

By 2002 we were last with just 3 wins, this was our list...

Our 2002 team comprised of Simon Beaumont (All Australian), Craig Bradley (AA, dual premiership), Scott Camporeale (AA & Premiership), Ange Christou (AA and Premiership), Matthew Lappin (AA), Glenn Manton (Premiership player), Andrew McKay (Premiership and AA), Corey McKernan (Premiership, AA, Brownlow disqualified), Brett Ratten (Premiership and AA), Lance Whitnall (AA), Anthony Koutoufides (Premiership and AA), Matthew Allen (AA), Adrian Hickmott.

Young talent: A whole heap of over rated kids who over performed because they got to play with a good core of older players and Brendan Fevola and Ryan Houlihan who were actually good.

Forget about where Hawthorn are now, lets have a look at how old they are and where they are going to be. Yes they have a core of mid 20 midfielders who are in their prime and some young kids who are pretty good but talents are over exaggerated due to the older group they have and the lack of pressure on them.

Their best 22 is old and there is a hell of a lot of them. They haven't been taking real top talent from the draft for a good while now. Their young tall stocks, key midfielders, superstar flankers and small forwards may not be there.

Yes they are in a better position we were and are gearing up to rebuild without bottoming out. But when it happens it happens very quickly.

If Hawthorn mirror our 2000 side and finish bottom 4 in finals then bottom 4 on the ladder I would not be at all surprised.

They will come off the boil, but not as dramatically as you think, unless they then decide to do a full rebuild.

They have a great coach and coaching stability. We did not.
They have a great list manager. We did not.
They didn't waste most of their picks in the last five years. We did, in the corresponding period. They just won the VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back