Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with setters is gws needed sal cap space. Now they can breathe with Shiel gone. Will makes zero difference as he wouldn’t be on big bucks

Do you have access to their accounts?

ODN, I've always got time for your posts

It's a personal expectation, I suppose

I'm fine with my temperament - I suspect some 'rumour sharers' have an issue with their temperament when posters quiz them, they can get too defensive

I don't believe this thread will die if we call out those who get it wrong or add a little extra mayo - granted, yesterday was a particularly bad day and things were getting a out of hand

For instance, it's great how some reputable 'rumour sharers' (EP, Barass, Shmurph) regularly qualify their information:

As opposed to:
Call out posters???

So never in the history of trades even back in the VFL days has a player changed his mind.

Hmmmm

Seriously ?

Tell that to GWS. So we would pay overs for Shiel in such a frenzy. **** that panic s**t. Hold our nerve and know his value and our offer was enough cost for us. No way would we pay future first rounder and get a pick 13 to sell the farm for Shiel. Future first rounder was the right offer. They wanted more and good luck to GWS for getting the best deal for them. We now move on knowing the price was too high to get him.
Package not just Shiel if it was for both Shiel and Setterfield do it in a heartbeat its actually what we need .

I wonder how true the mail was that if Shiel nominated anyone else SOS would pull the offer.

From a negotiating standpoint it gives * a free run and GWS are at ransom due to the salary cap issues.

SOS is smart to wait for Setterfield - he’ll undoubtedly want to wait to see whether GWS are able to close the deals for Lobb (Freo) and Shiel (*) to see what picks GWS land before he deals for Setterfield.

GWS have clearly got a cap problem because why else countenance Shiel’s departure in a premiership window. Likewise Lobb. That’s probably more surprising.

Smart negotiators know that timing is everything.

Re McGovern, check out the YouTube clip Crows released when he re-signed last year.

Also you've gotta laugh at the Crows board.

For WEEKS and WEEKS they cried and cried that it was a top 5 pick or bust for McGovern.

Now they're saying what a great win this deal is.
Because that's who they are. For right or wrong, they don't question their club or the decisions it makes. You just knew that, even if we got him for a bag of chips, that they'd find some way to twist that into a win for them.

Having said that, I think that both seconds and McAdam is overs (given the various addenda to the basic "he's contracted" situation) but that's largely influenced by my desire to have kept at least 1 of those two mid 20's picks. What I'm interested in from here is how SOS manages to broaden our intake this trade period, as he seems to be short tradeable resources at this point. Pick 42 might get you Setterfield - if GWS blink or return to old habits - but that'd be it. It'll be fascinating to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man
First shiel deal falls through-tick
Now somehow need the gov deal to fall through - I’m hoping

There is something truly broken inside you mate …….

ODN, I've always got time for your posts

It's a personal expectation, I suppose

I'm fine with my temperament - I suspect some 'rumour sharers' have an issue with their temperament when posters quiz them, they can get too defensive

I don't believe this thread will die if we call out those who get it wrong or add a little extra mayo - granted, yesterday was a particularly bad day and things were getting a out of hand

For instance, it's great how some reputable 'rumour sharers' (EP, Barass, Shmurph) regularly qualify their information:

As opposed to:
dude just let it go.

The point is McGovern is not a pressing need where our list is at. We do not have enough midfielders. Walsh will take three to four years to establish himself. Ed Curnow tries hard but isn't going to take us forward. Dow is a second year player. Whos left to support Crippa, Kennedy hasn't been able to get on the park. SPS is the other. Not great depth at all.
Yeah is a shame we missed Shiel but what can you do?

A trio of McKay Curnow and McGovern will be bloody good over the years. Will take a great backline having an amazing day to have them all covered for 4 quarters.

If Setterfield can get on the park it sounds like he will be a huge addition, sounds like he was born injured though.

After having a night to think about it I think the McGov trade is quite fair. 2 x 2 x 2nd rounders is approx picn 13 and that is McGov value seeing as he is contracted.

I think what most people are confused with is thinking McAdam is worth a 2nd round pick. No body knows if this is the case, and more likely is only worth a 3rd round at best. After all he is a mature age pick up who has missed out on being drafted multiple times
4th round I reckon....and most likely never would get to AFL but for this avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back