Song Contest Part XIII, Host: JoshWoodenSpoon, Theme: Woodblocks/Cowbells, Noms Due: Mon 8:45pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Music is subjective

Some people like music others don't.

Some people don't like music others do.

Would you like me to draw you a picture explaining this?
I would love a picture ND.
Im a very visual person.

I wasn’t in the SC when it won, but I do like Kurt Vile.

He has a very relaxed style and I love listening to him on a hot day with a cold beer. He’s a ‘time and place’ kinda artist. His music writing is pretty high quality; obviously very accoustic-style but some complexity there in parts.

It does run into ‘listless’ territory at times, but mostly not.

In short, I think you need to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy it.
I favour The War on Drugs to Vile, but both have some appeal to me.
I dont mind his sound.
I wouldn't think of billying it, but when
"Lovechild of Tom Petty and Neil Young" is bandied about I scratch my head.

I would love a picture ND.
Im a very visual person.

I dont mind his sound.
I wouldn't think of billying it, but when
"Lovechild of Tom Petty and Neil Young" is bandied about I scratch my head.
Oh yeah I wouldn’t go to that extent in praising him. He’s got his place no doubt, but he isn’t close to any of them.

I don't rate 50s and 60s rock (Cream excepted)

Rock started for me in the 70s.
The best '50's rock 'n' roll is fantastic. Elvis, The Killer, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, and a handful of others. The rock stuff from the mid '60's to the mid '70's is the high water mark for me.

Cream were awesome.

The best '50's rock 'n' roll is fantastic. Elvis, The Killer, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, and a handful of others. The rock stuff from the mid '60's to the mid '70's is the high water mark for me.

Cream were awesome.
#Theme ;)

Cream were amazing.

Jack Bruce with a ciggie still smoking in his fret, unheard of.

We were typical teenage dope smokers listening to The Doors.

Then a couple of older dope smokers told us to listen to Cream.

Head exploded.

Boted

300px-ChineseJunkKeying.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure you've told this story before. You've simply substituted The Stones with The Doors and Neil Young with Cream in this version.

Pretty sure you've told this story before. You've simply substituted The Stones with The Doors and Neil Young with Cream in this version.

I thought he subsituted dope for Es and Cream for U2.

Cream were amazing.

Jack Bruce with a ciggie still smoking in his fret, unheard of.

Head exploded.

Jack Bruce was a freak. Better than any other bassist except Entwistle, brilliant blues harp player, piano, organ, cello, double bass...and wrote their best songs. Genius musician.

Nah these guys put us on to The Stones and Neil Young as well, obviously I knew The Stones major hits but I'd never listened to their albums in any depth.

I used to think The Stones were overrated back in my naive youth but then I listened to albums like Sticky Fingers and I realised why they are so highly rated.

Jack Bruce was a freak. Better than any other bassist except Entwistle, brilliant blues harp player, piano, organ, cello, double bass...and wrote their best songs. Genius musician.

Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker were no slouches either, they were all greats of their respective crafts hence the name, they were the cream of British rock.

Just a shame they hated each other and only lasted a few years, although they still produced more great music than most bands could produce in 10 years.

Supertramp was better than all of them.

image.jpeg
Beau Ted. Some monumentally s**t whores as you'd expect from any group of people who equate Hooters with votes. The ******* Hooters??

Fair call.
In the absence of Survivor it was always going to be the favourite.

I will NOT hear such slanderous lies spoken.
Plugger repeat a story????
GTFO!

Indeed.As far as bass players go, how do you rate Harry Brus?
I haven't heard enough of his stuff to make an informed critique of his work. I would have heard him, no doubt, but as I'm not a fan of many of the artists he played behind, I wouldn't have heard enough, as I said.

The roster of artists he's played for tells me that he's a player of some standing. Here's some of the players that I admire...

John Entwistle, Jack Bruce, John Paul Jones, Jerry Scheff, Berry Oakley, Ronnie Lane, Bill Wyman, Andy Fraser, Roger Glover...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back