Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone do an overall ins v outs for the last 2 trade periods? I think that's when you see how well Dodoro has done.

Pretty sure this is everything:

In: Adam Saad, Devon Smith, Jake Stringer, Dylan Shiel, 2018 pick 34, Future 2nd GWS, Future 4th Freo

Out: Colyer, 2017 picks 11, 30, 2018 picks 9, 29, 47, Future 1st

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Damo said that Shiel was second guessing himself and was happy to go to Carlton if he didn’t get to Essendon

While I’m wrapt that we got him can’t belive we almost botched this up

Id like to hear that from Shiel himself before I believe it

Pretty sure this is everything:

In: Adam Saad, Devon Smith, Jake Stringer, Dylan Shiel, 2018 pick 34, Future 2nd GWS, Future 4th Freo

Out: Colyer, 2017 picks 11, 30, 2018 picks 9, 29, 47, Future 1st

So in summary, (ignoring the Colyer trade) we’ve essentially brought in SSSS with three 1st rounders & a 3rd... With 2 slight downgrades in 2nd rounders (assuming GWS still finish fairly high next season).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing I will say about Colyer is that even though I love him to bits and he's a ripping fella the issue is that while he was on the list there was an innate compulsion to play him in the seniors. Moving him removes that temptation and fast tracks the development of Begley, Mutch and Long in those wing/half forward roles (if Long is given a contract) while not actually hindering performance because what they offered was much of a muchness.

With all due respect to him he was getting towards dead wood territory. On the fringes this year and with the addition of Shiel, the return of Begley and the selection pressure of other younger ones nipping at his heels I don't think he would have seen much senior footy with us next year.

Damo said that Shiel was second guessing himself and was happy to go to Carlton if he didn’t get to Essendon

While I’m wrapt that we got him can’t belive we almost botched this up
Lol... never change man.

If I ever had an inner voice that expressed my fears, enthusiasm, anger, and pleasure and about everything Essendon - it would be you. More power to you B4L.

Campbell said Carlton were never an option today, so complete bs.

This trade period shows Barrett, Browne, McClure etc knew **** all like the rest of us and were just guessing. Either that or their sources were crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back