Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacob Konstaky is the one we should be well and truly into imo. Not sure how he’s been performing in the reserves but looked really good in his draft year.
Very patchy last year with a lot of low possession games with minimal impact. Has played R1 and R4 VFL this year and kicked a couple of goals first up then 3 in round 4. 11 tackles in two games.

I do wonder how much money we will have, i know the cap keeps increasing

But we seem to be paying these guys a fair bit id imagine

Zerrett
Parish
Mckay
Gresham
Redman
Ridley
2MP
N.Martin
Mcgrath - His new deal
Stringer - Probably going to be getting a decent pay the next 2 years aswell

Then LDU would be our highest paid in 2026 if he came

If someone offered us C.Daniel or a pick around 30 for Will Setterfield this year then id probably take it if we thought we were right in the running for LDU in 12 months time

I know ive said we have had great depth in the midfield for a while and we do

But LDU as a FA end of 2025 has to be a priority. Ive rated this guy extremely highly for a while and alot of non fans say we have a middle of the road side but not many true stars outside of Zerrett

Regardless a FA of this quality without having to give up draft capital is huge

Small forwards and HBF maybe of greater priority but we can still use top end draft picks on them or see what other FAs are around in that space

2026 Side:

Mcgrath - Mckay - Ridley (N.Cox)
Redman - Z.Reid - Martin

Z.Merrett(30>31) - Parish - Duursma (Tsatas)
N.Bryan/Draper - LDU - Durham (Hobbs)

Caldwell - H.Jones/Stringer - Perkins (Davey)
Caddy - 2MP - Langford

Is an elite side in a great age demographic

I think Durham and most certainly LDU would move past a 28 yr old Setterfield

Z.Merrett can play outside of the onball division in a year hes turning 31

Weve still kept 1st round picks for 2024 and 2025 that would be on the list in reserves based on this

LDU a genuine no brainer if we can land him as a FA. Precisely what we need in the midfield.

Key defender stocks are good, no concerns there. A more mature small forward would be nice but you are taking an LDU first every day of the week.

I would seriously look at Francis Evans from Port. Is a tackling/pressure beast in the SANFL and VFL before that, team first player and hits the scoreboard regularly. Has been starved of opportunity in a stacked Geelong/Port Adelaide forward line since being drafted. Would be cheap as chips too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back