Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XI - McKay. Goldstein. Gresham. Duursma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if North really want the #1 pick they'll probably need to trade #2 + a pick around 8 or 9. Is it worth splitting Pick 9? #9 + #31 (2075 pts) for #15 + #18 (2097 pts)?
Certainly something like that is an option

Id probably want a bit more for us

9 isnt a mile off the mark for 15 and 18 alone with the apparent tiers of the draft group

Id consider giving up our entire 4 pick hand for 15, 17 and 18 i think

Im not convinced on Caddy (Only because i havnt seen him enough) but if hes there at 9 hes one id like to take and then move 35 or 31 up 3-4 spots with the suns. Ideally 31 into 27 and not bid on Read or Rogers at 9

In terms of overall list spots we have:

In: Hunter (MSD), McKay, Goldstein, Gresham, Duursma
Out: Stewart, Lord, Zerk-Thatcher, Phillips, Montgomerie, D'Ambrosio, Walla, 2x Cat B.

We have 7 out and 5 in effectively. Given Baldwin has to be promoted, our rookies are currently Voss, Wanganeen, Menzie and Hunter. Hunter, Voss and Snelling are still OOC.

Effectively we have 2 open list spots coming into the draft, and a max of 3 open primary list spots, so that pick 61 definitely can't be used at this stage.

The whole trade radio period is talking :poo::poo:
Bunch of over paid plonkers talking more crap than most of us would after 10 pots at the pub.

Comrade, 10 pots is about the point when I start making the most sense.

I don't mind the bit of business by Jackets this year. I think we overpaid Port for the BZT/Duursma trade (having 3 F4s would have been a nice hand for any points trades either this year or next) but a pretty minor quibble given the quality we've brought in for no or low prices.

Snello in strife.

Given the weakness of the draft I’m inclined to treat 2024 as a rookie KPF straight shoot. Whoever performs better out of Hunter and Voss survives.

I think Snelling and Voss get cut. Not sure about Hunter, but I hope we retain. He has talent. Gives us up to 3 ND spots and 1-2 RD spots.

In terms of overall list spots we have:

In: Hunter (MSD), McKay, Goldstein, Gresham, Duursma
Out: Stewart, Lord, Zerk-Thatcher, Phillips, Montgomerie, D'Ambrosio, Walla, 2x Cat B.

We have 7 out and 5 in effectively. Given Baldwin has to be promoted, our rookies are currently Voss, Wanganeen, Menzie and Hunter. Hunter, Voss and Snelling are still OOC.

Effectively we have 2 open list spots coming into the draft, and a max of 3 open primary list spots, so that pick 61 definitely can't be used at this stage.
Can we still delist Hep with a year to go on his contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back