AFL Player #11: Jade Gresham - An astute pickup

Remove this Banner Ad

i never thought he was anything special at st kilda, he did a fine job but he never impressed.

i'm biased both bc he's my boy but also bc i don't like st kilda but i think he did fantastically last night. showed a lot of very positive signs for what he can do in the f50 and around the ground

i never thought he was anything special at st kilda, he did a fine job but he never impressed.

i'm biased both bc he's my boy but also bc i don't like st kilda but i think he did fantastically last night. showed a lot of very positive signs for what he can do in the f50 and around the ground
Wife's family are all St Kilda & they rate him. If he gets going, he will be a solid pickup.

Problem he had at Stkilda was that they brought in Butler and Higgins who took his small forward spots.
Over the years he was showing glimpses that he was going to go to the next level and I’m hoping the change of scenery will help him reach his full potential.

Last edited:
Sounded like it was injury that derailed him a bit at the Saints. Nice to have a genuine crafty small forward was enjoyable to watch last night. Was gutsy to run into that big Swan, thought for a moment might have been busted ribs or shoulder.

Problem he had at Stkilda was that they brought in Butler and Higgins who took his small forward spots.
Over the years he was showing glimpses that he was going to go to the next level and I’m hoping the change of scenery will help him reach his full potential.
It was that, combined with a few years of persistent injuries that kept him out of the Saints side. He was very highly regarded before that.

Been having his meat and potatoes clearly, hardly someone known for his kicking penetration and now he’s plonking them from 50 on a weekly basis.

100% - as I said, he’s a good smart footballer and he’s an upgrade on the not terrible but not great resources we had filling that role.
I find this strange as we still needed an upgrade in the role he played. Yes I know it would have been nicer if he was Kysaiah Pickett but my view is if you get a chance to upgrade a spot you take it even if you have two other similar small forwards. Guelfi and Menzie only have 1 year contracts so we have not locked in three blokes in one position yet.
We have basically upgraded that spot one year early. It needed upgrading. That role did not have to be 3 fast small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping he has opportunities to let the crowd know about it after a goal or 5. He can use either finger if it’s to booing saints supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back