Fixture 2024 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the leaks are starting with us facing Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on the Friday Night of Gather Round.

Kings Birthday Eve against Carlton also looks to be happening again.
2MP to kick 7 on Zerk

Looks like the leaks are starting with us facing Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on the Friday Night of Gather Round.

Not surprised. Zerk was one of the few high profile trades of the off season so they'll want that as a profile game

KBE was mentioned in McKay’s welcome interview haha, the old twins or one player thing coz they never played against each other in a premiership game.

Club has confirmed gather round vs Port. Don’t mind that really, might even mean we don’t need to go back to SA this year.

KBE was mentioned in McKay’s welcome interview haha, the old twins or one player thing coz they never played against each other in a premiership game.

Club has confirmed gather round vs Port. Don’t mind that really, might even mean we don’t need to go back to SA this year.
I think an away game vs Adelaide is almost a given. 5 out of the last 7 games in Melbourne including the last 3 times.

that is ******* bullshit, frankly. So us and Melbourne effectively get an extra away game. Why don't they play the Showdown that week? It's really not fair that every other team gets a neutral game

that is ******* bullshit, frankly. So us and Melbourne effectively get an extra away game. Why don't they play the Showdown that week? It's really not fair that every other team gets a neutral game

I think this means we can't play a SA team in gather round the next few seasons, was always going to be a couple unlucky clubs. They don't seem keen to make the showdown the centerpiece of gather round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this means we can't play a SA team in gather round the next few seasons, was always going to be a couple unlucky clubs. They don't seem keen to make the showdown the centerpiece of gather round.
Which is crazy to me tbh

It will be a money thing, they know the Showdown sells out anytime, having the Crows and Port play other teams guarantees more sold tickets
Which is why it's stupid to hold it in Adelaide anyway. If it's Queensland or NSW, you can make their local rivalry the centrepiece

Which is why it's stupid to hold it in Adelaide anyway. If it's Queensland or NSW, you can make their local rivalry the centrepiece

I guess SA is more rock solid in terms of broader support, NSW will get their chance and if SA keep doing it well the hype will build for the other states when they get their chance.

I don't see it as a problem currently. If we end up playing more interstate games as a result then sure, but we don’t have the full fixture yet. Could mean an extra away game in Melbourne, which is effectively neutral anyway, but with less flying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back