Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For Draftees, you assess the package and body of work over 2-3 years, taking into account their strengths and deficiencies and will an AFL system improve both aspects. Xfactor is only important, if attached to a level of consistency. Being consistent, with no xfactor, has limited upside. Guys like Ryan Willetts was dominating junior footy, but had the turning circle of the Queen Mary. Others are extremely raw and take time, Dean Cox
I asked whether x-factor was a measure of individual components of a players repertoire, or whether it could be used to describe the uniquely even sum of that repertoire. Rather than answer, you focussed on making a distinction between consistency and X-factor; which, btw, I disagree with because x-factor is as much about a quality such as consistency, as it is about an individual component such a booming spearlike left foot kick.

The examples you used are selective. One could easily pinpoint examples of players with outstanding single component qualities at underage level, who weren't able to develop the remaining sum of their skill repertoire; Dillon Viojo-Rainbow; Foster; Blaine the Tweet.

I asked whether x-factor was a measure of individual components of a players repertoire, or whether it could be used to describe the uniquely even sum of that repertoire. Rather than answer, you focussed on making a distinction between consistency and X-factor; which, btw, I disagree with because x-factor is as much about a quality such as consistency, as it is about an individual component such a booming spearlike left foot kick.

The examples you used are selective. One could easily pinpoint examples of players with outstanding single component qualities at underage level, who weren't able to develop the remaining sum of their skill repertoire; Dillon Viojo-Rainbow; Foster; Blaine the Tweet.

Glad you disagree, easier for you to form your own conclusions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did sen ever end up saying what their big news was?

Or was it that Cripps story & they were sucked in by a fake tweet on facebook...

Hopefully very fake news..... but 3aw just whispered Cripps has acl tear!

Please, no.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

I would love to give a huge ass-kicking to the idiot who started this fake news. It takes a mental midget to believe this is in anyway funny.

Thankfully Crippa is healthy.

No matter how bad a day or week you are having, it could always be worse.

Cripps having undamaged ACLs is something we can all be greatful for.

This is exactly why its pointless to take a rumour beyond the merest possibilty of being anything more than rumour.
A study would surely show that the accuracy rating of rumours is exteremely low and most that come true are very broad to begin with. Adopt the ho hum attitude I say and save yourselves the anguish. Time enough for that when something is proven. In the end the best place for info is the CFC website. If it aint there it isn't.

No club will give us two top 10 picks for pick 1 in this draft. Unless "Walsh" is that clear cut expected to be great then we'd be foolish to do it. If he's as "vanilla" as said then no club would be giving us the offer with the talent in the top 10 enabling them to get 2 top end talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back