Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me, this is an oxymoron, I am not against selecting Walsh, I just don't rate him as the best player, nor the best mid

I like Walsh, has attributes that I don't see in other players, has a high footy IQ, reads the unfolding of the play better than most, selects the right targets when moving the ball

I just see other players having better output/impact at the next level
I interpret this as you believing Walsh is the best mid based on exposed form to date, but other mids have more upside at the next level.

This sort of thing is hypothetical/immeasurable at this stage. Struggling teams with low draft picks e.g. 1, 2, 3, don't have the luxury of drafting players on upside, X factor etc. This is something recruiters from the better teams are able to do. Joel Selwood will always be a good example of this. Injury put a question mark over his durability meaning there was no way he was being selected by those with the first few picks in the draft, yet many would have backed him to be a star if his body held up (as it has). Geelong having had some very good drafts in the late '90s & early '00s & having played finals in 2004 & 2005, were in a position to take a bit of a punt with pick 7 knowing that even if Selwood's body didn't cope with AFL footy, they still had the foundations of a very good team & one wasted pick would not hurt the club too much.

I'm sure SOS would love to have the luxury of being creative with Pick 1, but he knows he has to pick the player he & the recruiting team rates as currently being the best, with the accent on 'currently'.

I interpret this as you believing Walsh is the best mid based on exposed form to date, but other mids have more upside at the next level.

This sort of thing is hypothetical/immeasurable at this stage. Struggling teams with low draft picks e.g. 1, 2, 3, don't have the luxury of drafting players on upside, X factor etc. This is something recruiters from the better teams are able to do. Joel Selwood will always be a good example of this. Injury put a question mark over his durability meaning there was no way he was being selected by those with the first few picks in the draft, yet many would have backed him to be a star if his body held up (as it has). Geelong having had some very good drafts in the late '90s & early '00s & having played finals in 2004 & 2005, were in a position to take a bit of a punt with pick 7 knowing that even if Selwood's body didn't cope with AFL footy, they still had the foundations of a very good team & one wasted pick would not hurt the club too much.

I'm sure SOS would love to have the luxury of being creative with Pick 1, but he knows he has to pick the player he & the recruiting team rates as currently being the best, with the accent on 'currently'.
just another reason he gets his own tree, folks.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conspiracy theory

-AFL wants GC to pinch the number 1 pick via a draft night trade, this will promote the new system and get front page news in Queensland with them getting pick 1

-SOS haggling over 2&6 vs 3&6

-AFL will promise GC a priority next year and encourage them to just give up 2&6 so they can get Walsh and Max King

-We take Luca and one of Smith, Rankine, Rozee

SEN alluding to something big but holding off.
Just terrible if so. This time last year I said, "there goes the year" after Docherty
Don't want to have to say it again.

This is pretty cryptic harks?

Who on SEN is alluding to what?

You know how this works.
People don't want to say something until they're sure, or at least sure of the info being solid.

It could be something quite different, but one and one may equal two. Wait and see,.

When Doc did his the news was out in minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back