Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

We are confident Pittard will deliver under our care, ******* confident to be exact.
Pittard has talent to burn but I see very much like Ats. Just has times where he seems to have a brain explosion and doesn't know what to do or does something like trip over his own feet.

His worst is worse than JMacs worst, his best is better than JMacs best.

If we get him and Hall playing consistently good football Benny Brown will kick 70 goals.

Pittard has talent to burn but I see very much like Ats. Just has times where he seems to have a brain explosion and doesn't know what to do or does something like trip over his own feet.

His worst is worse than JMacs worst, his best is better than JMacs best.

If we get him and Hall playing consistently good football Benny Brown will kick 70 goals.

Pittard looks to be more of a risk taker by nature. Atley seems more inclined to play within his limits and has to be instructed to dare to use his pace creatively.

Pittard looks to be more of a risk taker by nature. Atley seems more inclined to play within his limits and has to be instructed to dare to use his pace creatively.

To be fair when Atley was at half back we had no spread whatsoever. Its pretty hard to break lines at full tilt and hit targets within a 1m window. Now with nice balance of pace and grunt we should have targets in 5m of space or more.

Imo pace has a compounding (although diminishing) effect. The lone pacey guy will find life much easier with another 3-4 quicks to feed to and from.

When I first saw Pittard's highlight's Atley was the obvious comparison but i think that's a much more accurate description of the differences between them. Atley's deer in the headlights moments come on the backline cos he doesn't "get it" down back compared to the forward line (imo anyway). Pittard's come because he takes on more than he should - he backs himself them bites off more than he can chew. Its something I wish Ats would do more.

Jasper Pittard | Defender | 27-years-old | 126 games
“Jasper Pittard was close to being All-Australian a couple of years ago.

“He can provide really good run and penetration off half-back.

“He wants the ball in his hands and he wants to use the ball, so that’s a really valuable attribute that can really help us as a team.”

Looking forward to being able to again shout JAAAZZZAAAAAAAAAAAA!

serveimage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how Jasper is speaking like he’s already one of the lads.

Not so much of a fan of Polec continueously saying “they” when referring to North. He will have to turn it on during the year to make me feel like he truly belongs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back