Delisted 21. Jacob Kennerley (2019 - 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Obvious disclaimers about highlights videos etc but was impressed with his ability to create space in tight - reminds me of Parfitt and Christensen. Be interesting to see how his inside game builds over the next few years.

Yes, the highlights video suggests he is good in close and is composed. The game I watched of him he played really as a tradional winger and ran his opponent of his legs. Just racked up possession after possession from pure gut running. Really impressive stuff. Though I also saw live Sam Blease do similar in his draft year and we all know how he turned out!

Great pickup. One that I expected to go between our first and second picks. Will provide some much needed outside run with great foot skills. With Clark we have now drafted two kids with plenty of run and carry.
i dun think it was so much their run and and carry that the Cats talent scouts were looking at >>>looks more like their kick placement and vision, which is what the Cats seem to lack in their senior team at the moment.

Die hard Crows fan, can see a trade request coming in a couple of years especially since he is so close to his mum, fingers crossed he loves it here.

With 3 other SA lads in the same draft, no doubt they'll support each other and room together. Boris is from the same region, might be a good mentor. I'd put a carton on at least one contract extension

I really liked his highlights. I think he’ll be a good player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt take too much out of these numbers to be frank, anyone remotely decent played SANFL Seniors this year the standard of Under 18 SA Footy leaves a bit to be desired.

Valente didn’t play seniors this year and he took out SA’s MVP ahead of Lukosius, Rankine, Rozee and Hately.

Valente didn’t play seniors this year and he took out SA’s MVP ahead of Lukosius, Rankine, Rozee and Hately.
Valente will be delisted within 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a bit far mate but the calls that hes the steal of the draft make me laugh.
I'm pretty confident he won't make it.

It was easy to shed a tear reading that. I was in a similar situation around the same age, except for the suicide part of the story.

I like this pick and reckon he could turn out to be an ok player.
Along with Clark this is the kid that I'm most excited about. He's obviously got some resolve to get to where he has under the circumstances and physically he's got some attributes that should translate well to AFL level. I've got a good feeling about this kid.

This is a good selection, exactly what we needed. Someone who can find space, good endurance, good by foot, and seems to find the pill.

He isn't lightening quick, but quick enough with a decent tank where we should be able to use him on the outside. I'd say his pace is more like Mitch Duncan, and his foot skills are somewhat the equivalent.

He also looks like he will find more of the football than a Jordan Murdoch by comparison which he effectively replaces in the squad. He doesn't have the pace of Murdoch, but he is more a natural footballer that should find the footy more. This kid will use his engine to get on the outside to present as a loose man.
He reminds me a bit of Gaff.

I wouldnt take too much out of these numbers to be frank, anyone remotely decent played SANFL Seniors this year the standard of Under 18 SA Footy leaves a bit to be desired.

That is absolute crap and an ill-informed comment. What you would know if you were actually informed is there are players who only play 18s basically who get drafted and become players and others who play only reserves or league who don't get drafted and never make it. You provide such a simplistic view and it is clearly the view of someone who doesn't understand either the intricacies of recruiting or the quirks of different clubs in SA. If you want me to provide examples I am happy to list one after another for you!

Those highlights are super impressive. Much more so than some of the others.
Kennerley looks ready to go. Has a lot of good skills, was great at ground level, snaffling the ball too.

He and Jarvis boarded together at Rostrevor College. Maybe that was strategic.
That's great they're both at Geelong, good support for one another.

Looks like he can find space and has all the time in the world. Good selection I reckon.
Great to see a Kitten with such good composure, something I've been critical of in some of our guns.

Interestingly I went and had a look at the testing numbers for the kids at the start of the year. Kennerly had a fantastic set of numbers. He had the third highest VO2 max of any kid tested in SA. He ran a 21.7 in the yoyo which is super elite and also ran a 2.92 20m which is also super elite. They are such good numbers for a kid who can actually play footy and use the ball well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back