Competitions SBBFL Off-Season Thread 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

The Draft is ready to be kicked off !

Please take some time to read the rules as we have introduced pick trading and some changes so just go through them and ask any questions if needed.

The 24 hour time limit will begin on Monday the 26th at 6am to allow people to do some due diligence without being on the clock. However if simonoz wants to kick us off whenever he is ready then feel free. But the 24 hour timer will not be in effect until said time.
Great work lefty. Missus seems like a keeper too!

Now to sit back and see who cursing and orasia leave us with...

Yep top work mate! 2nd the missus being a keeper call too, whenever I bring up anything to do with fantasy football it is met with groans, you’ve got a good one!!

majortinkle you’ll be fine, there will be plenty leftover seems like you can’t go wrong with many players in the top 20 this year, all look pretty solid!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a feeling petwussy isn’t online much at the moment so I’m not sure he knows he’s up.

I’ve pm’d him but I reckon it might be 5pm aest tomorrow before he picks. Not that I’m a stalker but it was about that time yesterday he was online and he was on the site for 5 or so minutes then today as well.

What?......Just happened to check before I left work (not online), checked at the lights during walk home (on the saints board) and then when got home (not online and not on since), perfectly reasonable behaviour......don’t worry just googling support groups now.....

It’s a long time between picks but I’m in the bitch and moan about it camp rather than moving on to the next pick camp - who’s with me?

I have a feeling petwussy isn’t online much at the moment so I’m not sure he knows he’s up.

I’ve pm’d him but I reckon it might be 5pm aest tomorrow before he picks. Not that I’m a stalker but it was about that time yesterday he was online and he was on the site for 5 or so minutes then today as well.

What?......Just happened to check before I left work (not online), checked at the lights during walk home (on the saints board) and then when got home (not online and not on since), perfectly reasonable behaviour......don’t worry just googling support groups now.....

It’s a long time between picks but I’m in the bitch and moan about it camp rather than moving on to the next pick camp - who’s with me?

Probably not a huge deal because we do have 4 months until round 1 but I hear what you’re saying, we had some serious momentum there for a bit!

Probably not a huge deal because we do have 4 months until round 1 but I hear what you’re saying, we had some serious momentum there for a bit!
I was coming at it from a let’s cut him some slack point of view - maybe my attempt at jocularity came across as grumpy so you heard the wrong thing....

I have promised myself that I will not descend to emojis so I appreciate it’s a coin toss sometimes...

I like chayce jones at 18.
I like west at 23.

Down to 6 guys left on my next tier of players, and 6 more picks to go until im up.
Hopefully one slips through.
I did a list of 7 after my last pick and only 1 was taken before I was up again - I reckon we all have a different view on these guys - ie. we're all just throwing darts (or at least I am)!

Underage SC scoring average and quick view on opportunity is all I look at. In addition to the all important, have I heard of him test....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is still some quality left on the table. If I had’ve known some of these guys would still be available at 28 I would’ve delisted another. Just so we’re clear that is out of the question isn’t it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon we all will.

Were people signed up to the idea of the usual weekly waivers kicking in during the JLT?
I think it’s a discussion that needs to be had, with the new rookie rules implemented into the AFL, there could be players introduce that won’t be on any of our lists all the way up to round one. The current Ultimate Footy waiver wire system of first in best dressed doesn’t seem fair for everyone.

I reckon we all will.

Were people signed up to the idea of the usual weekly waivers kicking in during the JLT?

I don’t see why the waiver wire can’t open immediately post draft maybe with a increased waiver time frame; say 72 hours. But getting your delistings right before draft day is a skill that needs to be preserved.

I think it’s a discussion that needs to be had, with the new rookie rules implemented into the AFL, there could be players introduce that won’t be on any of our lists all the way up to round one. The current Ultimate Footy waiver wire system of first in best dressed doesn’t seem fair for everyone.
Well it's based on a waiver order rather than just first in basis - or at least initially it is.

It's the secondary, nobody bid so you can fill your boots, that I wasn't particularly happy about to be honest. I appreciate everyone had an opportunity beforehand but given it included selection day....

Dropping a couple of players round 1 Orasia Fantazio

Nah I can’t see there being anyone I’d find worth picking up after this draft and PSD. There is just a couple of guys still available in this draft I’d rather have than a couple guys at the backend of my list. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

On the waivers decision, I’m honestly indifferent on it all. Happy to go with the majority

Pick 26. Zac Butters.
Glad to see him slip this far, a Robbie Gray replacement in the future, or so I hope.
I've got one of them too, along with a couple of Josh Kennedy's for my mids

I always draft stars and I gather they are (will be) taking the VFL/WAFL/NEAFL/SANFL by storm (those that are still listed of course......)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back